By reading reviews on this hotel I was slightly apprehensive on booking here. Concerns from these reviews on noise from the el trains, construction, and lack of restaurant / bar turned out to be a non issue during our stay. We were on the 8th floor directly above the train and barely heard any trains. The construction was only noticed on the ground floor and a bit in the hallway on our floor. The room was perfect; nice large bathroom and a very comfortable bed. The only problem we had was the refridgerator, which never was cold. We did call this in and maintenance was to look at but never heard if they did check it out or not, but temperature did not improve. All staff members we encountered were friendly and helpful. In talking with one of the employees he explained some of the changes in process; finishing the restaurant / bar, expanding the fitness center and moving registarion to the ground floor. I'd really like to return to see the finshed product when these changes have been completed.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago