I was attending a conference at the Palmer House Hilton this May. The conference rate for the Palmer was more than my employer was willing to pay ($250). So my travel agent found the Silversmith, just around the corner, for a much lower price (about $130).
I was prepared for a more 'budget' experience, perhaps even a somewhat seedy one given the price differential, but I was pleasantly surprised. The Silversmith is a very a nicely appointed hotel, and a considerable bargain in that neighborhood. My room was lovely - large enough to get some work done in, a nice comfortable bed, a huge bathroom. It was both larger and considerably nicer than a similarly priced Comfort Inn I'd stayed in on a previous business trip to Chicago. Unlike other reviewers who have complained of noise, I didn't experience any disturbances.
The location is great - right in the Loop, and right under the El - excellent access to public transit. I also had no difficulty catching a cab. Overall a great experience for the price, and if I was returning to Chicago again for work, I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Enjoy exceptional service, a warm and elegant setting with an unparalleled location in downtown Chicago. The Silversmith Hotel Chicago Downtown is a a rare gem, that is encased in classical architecture and sparkling with a new choice of luxury through contemporary spacious guest rooms. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your The Silversmith Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Silversmith Hotel Chicago
- The Silversmith Hotel And Suites
- Silversmith Hotel Chicago