We booked this hotel as part of a package; first of all, the location is really great, easy to walk to various tourist spots (Navy Pier for example). The staff was also first rate, really nice people from the door man to the maintenance people. The rooms were nice, large, American sized hotel rooms with premium bedding and everything you would expect. However, be advised that the windows don't open, this drives me crazy, particularly as we were there during a perfect weekend, weather wise and I would have given a lot to have a little fresh air coming through. Due to the non-opening windows you are subjected to forced AC/Heater air that smells musty and really REALLY dries your skin/eyeballs out. This always makes me wake up with a headache. I have this problem in Vegas and have always gotten a humidifier sent to the room, but they aren't available at this hotel. if you are a fresh air person like me, then this wouldn't be the hotel for you.
On the bright side, they have a nice gym that has good equipment and a pool/spa (that I didn't use) but I did use the machines and they were all in good working order. They also have a restaurant downstairs (NO room service although the website I looked at specified room service, they don't offer it). We had a great dinner at the downstairs place, Italian flat and some great chicken. They also serve breakfast in the morning, but our b-fest was terrible, the french toast arrived ice cold (butter wouldn't melt on it) and it took forever! The whole thing set us back over $50 bucks for ice cold French toast, a small handful of fruit, 2 coffee/s and oatmeal, served by an inattentive waiter ((no room service, but room service pricing for sure). We go to Chicago fairly regularly and I would Tip: we did go to Alex's Jazz across the street and had a great time!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of urban sophistication among downtown Chicago, hotels at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. Located in the trendy River North area on famed Restaurant Row, this hotel offers easy access to fine dining, exciting nightlife and the closest proximity to the EL Train. Experience the Windy City from the modern comforts of over-sized downtown hotel rooms offering plush bedding and amenities. Grab a gourmet doughnut and coffee at Glazed and Infused for breakfast, and enjoy a unique and authentic meal at Davanti Enoteca, located in the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. For those looking to stay fit on the road, the fitness center with indoor pool sets this hotel apart from the rest- not to mention a beautiful sundeck for when the weather is nice. Plan accordingly with technologically adept meeting space, ideal for corporate gatherings or intimate social functions. Depart from typical downtown hotels and take advantage of the revitalized Courtyard Downtown/River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TravelUp, Booking.com, Agoda, Marriott, Ebookers, Hotel.de, HotelsClick and HRS so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Courtyard
- Chicago Marriott