Easy walking distance to the Magnificent Mile (only one block off Michigan Ave.), and only about a one mile walk to Macy's State Street store (the Mother-Ship of all stores and a must-visit for shoppers). The hotel was clean and it looked nicely updated. The rooms were clean, and maid service kept them nicely maintained. The only bad thing I can say is there was a big stain on our carpet in our room, but other than that the the rooms were very nice (our group rented 3 rooms). They were spacious, there was an assortment of pillows to choose from, and the beds were very comfortable. And the shower, we all agreed, was one of the best ever! Staff was very friendly and helpful. I don't think I saw it on their list of room amenities, but they did have a small fridge that came in handy. There is a Starbucks in the building, and if that's not your thing, there is a Dunkin' Donuts across the street that had reasonable prices for breakfast (well, Chicago reasonable). It's an easy drive in from I-90; we always use exit 50B and it's a short drive from there to the hotel.
The parking lot next to the hotel does not handle over-sized vehicles, but it will handle standard van and mid-size SUV's. Call the hotel and double check if you have a larger vehicle to see if it will fit. The parking lot is a curvy, tight fit, but it was very handy and attached to the hotel.
There have been some stories in the media during the last year or two about theft and assault problems on Michigan Avenue, and we were a bit nervous about going. We were impressed with the number of police located in the area, and always felt safe. So don't let the stories keep you away. I hope Chicago maintains their level of police security. We held off going there for several years, but now we would not hesitate to go again. So Chicago Police Department - I think your money is being well spent on the extra security, and good job to the planners for realizing this would make a difference to their tourism. With all the news about shootings in Chicago, they should let people know, in a positive way, that Michigan Ave. is a safe place to visit with a very visible police presence.
We would stay here again. For us, it checked off everything on the list for a great hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of urban sophistication among downtown Chicago, hotels at the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. Located in the trendy River North area on famed Restaurant Row, this hotel offers easy access to fine dining, exciting nightlife and the closest proximity to the EL Train. Experience the Windy City from the modern comforts of over-sized downtown hotel rooms offering plush bedding and amenities. Grab a gourmet doughnut and coffee at Glazed and Infused for breakfast, and enjoy a unique and authentic meal at Davanti Enoteca, located in the Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North Hotel. For those looking to stay fit on the road, the fitness center with indoor pool sets this hotel apart from the rest- not to mention a beautiful sundeck for when the weather is nice. Plan accordingly with technologically adept meeting space, ideal for corporate gatherings or intimate social functions. Depart from typical downtown hotels and take advantage of the revitalized Courtyard Downtown/River North Hotel located in the heart of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Marriott, Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Courtyard
- Chicago Marriott