We were in town for a volleyball tournament at the Navy Pier and this was our property of choice for my group of over 25 families.
Very easy to find, easy to get to. I was going to find alternate parking as I was given tips on this BUT after getting there and seeing the chaos of downtown Chicago...I opted for the $57 parking with valet with in and out privileges included. It's pretty tight to get in small drop off area but the staff moves it along pretty good.
The bell hop was great, he was "Johnny On The Spot" and loaded up my cart and got me inside and I had a ton of stuff.
I checked in and there was an amazing female staff member working the desk. She was friendly and is exactly what front desk personnel should be like.
Went to my room, it has an older feel to it but was really happy with the room. A couple small, meaningless issues but we basically dropped off our bags and headed out.
After returning to our room, I called front desk to tell them that our mini sink had bottle caps in it from previous guest and a red/blue stain on the bedspread. He asked if I reported it at check in, like I was trying to get something for free, but I told him I didn't and wasn't trying to "score" anything...just wanted to let them know so their team can address these type of things. He made me feel like a crook...oh well, not messing up my trip.
Again, the property was great, rooms were great...staff was mostly great and parking was expensive. Enjoyed being a free trolly ride to the Navy Pier right next to the hotel. Plenty of fairly good priced restaurants close by (walking distance) and was very happy we chose there.
Ice makers on all floors seemed to have issues but the entire place cannot be perfect.
I'd highly recommend this one if in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discover a haven of urban sophistication among hotels in downtown Chicago, Illinois at Courtyard by Marriott Chicago Downtown/River North. Located in the trendy River North area on famed Restaurant Row, this hotel offers easy access to fine dining, exciting nightlife and the closest proximity to the EL Train. Experience the Windy City from the modern comforts of over-sized downtown hotel rooms offering plush bedding and amenities. For those looking to stay fit on the road, the fitness center with indoor pool sets this hotel apart from the rest- not to mention a beautiful sundeck for when the weather is nice. Plan accordingly with technologically adept meeting space, ideal for corporate gatherings or intimate social functions. Depart from typical downtown hotels and take advantage of revitalized Courtyard by Marriott Downtown/River North located in the heart of Chicago. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Marriott, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Courtyard Chicago Downtown/River North reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Courtyard By Marriott Chicago Downtown Hotel Chicago
- Courtyard Chicago Downtown
- Chicago Marriott
- Chicago Courtyard