“I love the location, the staff, the pool. . .” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #61 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Denver, Colorado
“I love the location, the staff, the pool. . .”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

We've stayed at this Hilton repeatedly for the last 8 years for a business/leisure trip the week after Thanksgiving. First things first: I love love LOVE when we're at this hotel during THE WEEK and families--with kids--are NOT there. It's so quiet! It's the weekends you have to worry about, especially if you're not a fan of children. And while I have enjoyed staying here (especially if we're fortunate enough to get a lake view), I think the Hilton needs to make some upgrades and improvements. The rooms are okay-lovely, but they could use some renovations. I think it's time. (Of course, improvements typically mean higher rates, so. . . .) The staff has been kind over the years, and the location can't be beat--especially for the price! If you can find a deal, as we have been fortunate to, I say consider staying here. Oh, and their restaurant has GREAT FOOD. That cornbread alone is to-die-for!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 20 January 2014
Dear A S,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

We appreciate you taking the time to share your feedvack with us and appreciate your loyalty over the past 8 years. I am glad that you have enjoyed our hotel and our team members during your many visits. I can appreciate your comments on the diffreence between the week and the weekend and we do our very best to accomodate all our guests needs. I have pass along your comments about the decor and i assure you that it is something that we carefully monitor.

We look forward to welcoming you back again the next tiome that you are in Chicago.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (290)
  • Greek first
Hanna City, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Loved the Hotel...very clean and spacious. Don't take a vehicle larger than a smaller SUV to park in the deck though...very short. Also parking deck is a few blocks away...it's a long walk when it is really cold outside

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Erin,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

I am pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay with us and that you found your room to be clean ans spacious. Thank you for your feedback on the self parking, in addition to self parking that is a few blocks from the hotel, we also offer valet parking and accomodate all size vehicles.

We look forward to your next visit to Chicago and hope to be your hotel of Choice again.
Lansing, Mi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2014

Great hotel, wonderful staff. Great breakfast, evening Hors d'oeuvres in the executive lounge. Location was superb... Miracle Mile 1 block away, easy walk from Navy Pier, and Goodman Theatre. Easy commute via CTS to Boystown.

Room Tip: Higher floors even numbered rooms will offer views of lake.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear mpmiller,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago and that you for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us.

I am gald that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you enjoyed the convenience of our location. Many of our return guests have found that the service they receive from our team members and our location is why they want to return. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in Chicago.
Portland, Oregon
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2014

This is a solid 3 star hotel. The location is perfect for Mag Mile shopping, short cab ride to pretty much everything in the downtown area. For the money, it can't be beat. That being said, the rooms were just okay. Nothing fancy at all. Nothing was worn out or anything, just....blah. The staff was friendly and the restaurant was really good. I would recommend this hotel for families that need extra space, especially when the kids go to bed and parents want to stay up longer! It was nice to have separate sleeping areas.
Would I stay here again? Yes, if I am with my family. Probably not, if just with my husband or by myself. But, overall, a good value.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Heather S,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago,

I am gald that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you found our location to be perfect. Many of our return guests have found that our hotel offers a great value especially for families. The other point that comes back over and over is the location. Our location next to the John Hancock Tower, a short walk away from the American Girl, steps away from the Magnificent Mile, a block away from Lake Michigan and a few minutes away from the best shopping and the best dining makes it very easy to stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2014

Haven't stayed here before and now wonder why? Perfect location to the Mag Mile, walking distance to shopping and wonderful eating establishments, not to mention Hancock Tower is almost next door, American Doll is very close as well. Great location, the staff was very good. Would have given them 5 stars except for the cost of parking, which was crazy, even for Chicago. And in all honesty, we had a great 2 room suite. The couch was hard to sit in, it was too straight up and narrow to be comfortable. We were there for a long weekend so we spent time just hanging in our room in the mornings and it could be much more comfortable. Otherwise, we will stay here again and we have 2 other favorite hotels in Chicago, this is definitely in our mix now.

Room Tip: Wifi really should be offered free of charge IMHO
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Dear Vagabond116,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with us and I am glad to read that you enjoyed your stay. I have taken note of your comments about the sofa and the parking. Our patking charges are competitive with the market unfortunately it has increased over the past year due to additinal taxes that total close to 25% of the cost. We also offer self-parking a few blocks away from the hotel to help reduce the cost and give a second option to our guests.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit.
Rogers, Arkansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2014

My 22nd floor room was quiet inside and out. The view of the lake was nice and the layout of the room is much the same as a Doubletree Suites. The hotel was not very full when I was there so I had the Executive Lounge to myself. The breakfast included for HHonors Gold was pretty typical (eggs, sausage, breakfast potatoes, fruit, cereal) but good. I would stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear thetoolman42,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

We appreciate you taking the time to tell us about your experience with us and I am glad that you were able to enjoy the view of the lake from your room. The view from certain rooms can be pretty spectacular and certainly give a beautiful view of what Chicago has to offer. Our new Executive Lounge has quickly become a favorite with Hilton HHonors members and I am glad that you were able to experience it.

We look forward to welcoming you back.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for one night while touring around Chicago. The staff was VERY friendly while checking in and checking out. The doorman pointed us in the direction of everything we asked and hailed a cab. We stayed in a smoking room and it was nice so I imagine the non smoking rooms are very nice. A nice living area with bar and sink separate to the bedroom. Bathrooms were nice as well with double sinks. I cannot say to the showers as I did not use them but overall I was extremely pleased with this hotel. I wouldn't have even given it a second thought to review it if it weren't for the breakfast I had on my way out. They have an upscale American restaurant and I had a smoked salmon bagel and it was to die for. My sister ordered oatmeal and she said it was the best she has ever had. I could not get enough of this place! I may have to take the train an hour there just to eat again!

• Stayed December 2013
Dear Ashlie 5,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hilton Suites Chicago.

It is always a pleasure to hear from our guests and it is particularly rewarding to know that you have enjoyed your stay with us. I am glad that you experienced the friendliness of our team members and that you enjoyed your experience at the restaurant " The Local Chicago".

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.