“Hilton suites on Delaware- great deal”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #67 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 29 March 2014

My 4 children and I have stayed here many times - sometimes through hot-wire or the hotel site- always have had a clean room- nice pool- helpful concierge - and best of all- the LOCATION is great. So near water tower- and close to beach in summer.
we get the 2 queens and a pull out - fits us pretty well.
I do love running on the treddy by the pool- great view- and kids can swim.
The in and out parking is typical of other hotels - +50$- parking is a bit hard to find around there w/ a big SUV - but worth it for the location.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 April 2014

Dear Dave M.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and others travelers. Reading the experiences of our guests is something that we enjoy doing and yours are no exception. The team truly appreciate hearing from our guests. It truly is rewarding for us to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you

It looks like Chicago is a short drive for you and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to visit our great city.

There are newer reviews for Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites

Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel due to my daughter having to be admitted for 5 days to rush hospital and the night before was my birthday. Our stay did not start off as well as we had hoped as we were told we could self park handicap when we made reservations that included the parking. Peter in valet informed us that our SUV with wheelchair ramp and said he would valet at no extra charge and he was great. We did however need to use the bellhop which we weren't expecting and therefore had no cash. My husband did explain to the bellhop that he only had a dollar but would catch him later which we found torn in half in front of our door. We spoke to Carmen the manager and explained the situation and went above and beyond to make the rest of our stay amazing including birthday dinner help at the restaurant which was amazing. We will be coming to chicago often and will now always stay here because of her actions alone but we did enjoy the pool and the cleanliness of the rooms. I actually had to stop to hug her and thank her and of course she acted like it was just doing her job but it meant so much to us. She turned a stressful weekend into a very enjoyable weekend and words cannot describe our appreciation enough. Also the manager at The Local which was Donna went above and beyond not only made my birthday special but my daughter also and the food was incredible. This Hilton is very lucky to have these 2 managers and Peter the valet working for them. They love their jobs and really care about people

1  Thank Carla K

Dear Carla,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is both valued and appreciated. There is no doubt that feedback from our guests and recognition of our team members by you is very motivating. I am glad that you brought the situation with the bellman to our attention and gave us the opportunity to act on it immediately. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your home away from home the next btime that you are in Chicago. Don't hesitate to reach out to me or Carmen directly.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

Everyone at this hotel is super nice. I needed to have something shipped, and they were so accommodating! Also I called the day before to request a late check out and they immediately gave it to me, no questions asked. There is a gym at the hotel - not a whole ton of machines, but enough for what you need. I loved the suite set up for every room. Bed was comfy, and bedroom even had a little sit down vanity area (although my chair was wobbly). There isn't much in this area, so if you're looking to explore Chicago I'm not sure that this is the best place, but if you're here on business, this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 25 March 2014

Dear Xdcdcd1,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is both valued and appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our team members. We strive to provide friendly and professional service and accomodate our guests requests in everything we do, thank you for taking the time to recognize the work our team members do.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in town. Our location next to the Maginificent Mile, Lake Michigan, the John Hancock Tower, Oak Street and Rush street gives many options to our guests and i hope that you will be able to discover on your next visit.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Our suite was spacious, clean, plenty of towels and toiletries. There was also a parking package available that were paid for. A breakfast was included with the stay, it was limited selection but good. Fruits, bagels, muffins, eggs, cereal, juices, yogurt. There were also hors d'oeuvres available in the evening included with the stay. Cheeses, crackers, nuts, soda, popcorn, and some more. The staff was friendly, the views were great, the pool was nice and clean, there are two small workout areas one with treadmills and once with weights and yoga mats. This is very close to everything. I recommend this hotel, especially for families.

Room Tip: Great views on higher floors, the pool and gym are on the top floor so, we stayed on the 28th or 29t...

Dear cynthia101,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is both valued and appreciated. There is no doubt that being steps away from the Mag Mile, the American Girl, and the restaurants on Rush Street makes it easy to enjoy our fabulous city. I am glad that you received the friendly service that many of our return guests appreciate.

We Look forward to seeing you in the great city of Chicago again soon and we hope to be your hotel of choice again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in August of 2013 with a group of 6 adults and 5 kids. Phenominal views of the Lake, great location. Room was clean, spacious and well appointed. A pack and play was ready and set up in our room for our baby son. The kids loved the pool at night. Excellent value.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 March 2014

Dear Silversandsmilf,

Thanks so much for your comments. It sounds like you had a great time here in Chicago. Reading the experiences of our guests is something that we enjoy doing and yours are no exception. Visting Chicago with a family during the summer is certainly a beautiful time to experience the city as there is so much to do. Many of our return guests enjoy the hotel and its location as it is a close walk to many attractions located a few blocks away.

Looking forward to seeing you in the great city of Chicago again soon.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

Great central location for family weekend downtown Chicago, we enjoyed our stay. Restuarant and reception staff was helpful. Would book again for similar trip and recommend to others. Room was spacious for 5 member family. We enjoyed our stay for St.Patricks weekend

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Ronan H,

Thanks so much for taking the time to share your comments with us and other travelers to our great city. It sounds like you had a great time here in Chicago. Reading the experiences of our guests is something that we enjoy and truly appreciate. As you stated, our location is perfect to discover Chicago. There is no doubt that being steps away from the Mag Mile, the American Girl, and the restaurants on Rush Street makes it easy to enjoy our fabulous city.

Looking forward to welcoming you back in Chicago and be your home away from home again.

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This hotel is well located just off Michigan avenue next to the famous John Hancock tower and one block away from all that the magnificent mile has to offer. This was an average hotel - nothing special about it. The weekend I was there, there were hundreds of small children there - I'm not sure if this was a special event or if this is a regular thing. I bring this up because the noise in the hotel in general was not pleasant from the kids - crying kids in the lobby, crying kids in the executive lounge (I though children under a certain age were not allowed in the "Executive Lounge"), crying kids in the elevators... You get the picture. It would have been fine if they hadn't been everywhere I turned ( I even heard them in the next room - thin walls!). Check in as a Gold member was not special at all. I wasn't even recognized as a Gold and had to ask about the benefits choices to find out what I was being offered. I booked an executive floor room - not sure what that means at this property, however. The lounge was on the second floor and accessed by room key, not on the upper floors of the hotel. Typically an executive floor is separate access at most hotel chains - although you do have to use your room key to access ANY floors, there were no apparent executive floors in the hotel. I am assuming the bath toiletries were the only differentiation between the rooms. Air conditioner in the room did not work no matter what temperature setting it was set to. Bed was comfortable. Pillows were feather pillows. Large flat LCD TV. Not a huge list of channels - very basic. Free wifi for Gold level members was good speed. Large safe in the room that fit laptops and other items. Bathroom toiletries were nice. Towels were thin, scratchy and cheap. No minibar in room. Room was clean. Furnishings are average and a bit cramped in the alcove area (had to move the sofa and table so I could sit at the desk). Executive lounge for breakfast - I am beginning to think this is their regular area for all hotel guests and not an executive lounge in the traditional sense. There was no concierge or anyone manning the empty desk whenever I went there. The food was mediocre - only hot item were scrambled eggs, but they also offered cut fruits, breads, juices and coffee. I just didn't feel like it was "worth it" to pay for lounge access. Called for a late check out - operator was inflexible but front desk was accommodating. Overall, a mediocre welcome as an elite member, a noisy stay, a weak lounge experience, an ok room, and average service quality. I am not likely to pick this property again.

Room Tip: Skip the "executive lounge" rooms and eat breakfast outside the hotel. Not worth the extr...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear ccgworldtraveler,

It was disappointing to learn that you did not experience the service level that we always strive to achieve. I understand that the weekend you were at the hotel we may have had an unusual amount of children at the hotel and in the Executive Lounge and I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you. We have shared your comments with our team, and you can be assured that we will do our very best to manage situation such as yours with the utmost attention and respect due to all our guests.
The next time you are in town, I would welcome an opportunity to meet. Please ask for me when you arrive at the hotel so I can ensure your stay is comfortable and pleasant.

We look forward to the pleasure and the privilege to serve you again.