“Spring break get away”

Ranked #66 of 187 Hotels in Chicago
Jackson, United States
“Spring break get away”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 April 2014

My husband and I brought our daughter to Chicago for the weekend to shop for a prom dress and just get away for a few days for spring break. Our room was excellent. Upgraded to a higher floor with lake view-beautiful. Hotel was very busy with spring breakers and lots of younger girls for the American Girl Place. Overall, we had a great weekend and the location was great for the shopping and dinning. Would recommend this hotel and would stay here again in the future!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Terri H,

Thanks so much for your comments. It sounds like you had a great time here in Chicago. Getting feedback from of our guests is something that we enjoy and reading yours is no exception. It is always a real pleasure to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us and that they had our great time in our wonderful city. Chicago is a very pleasant city that has a lot offer. I trust that your daugther found a beautiful dress and that she is anxiously waiting to wear the dress!

Thank you for recommending our location. There is no doubt that being steps away from the Mag Mile, the American Girl, and the restaurants on Rush Street makes it easy to enjoy our fabulous city.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to chicago.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (294)
  • Greek first
Champaign, Illinois
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

I had a great rate at the Embassy Suites lakefront but decided to stay here after calling and was lead to believe we would have a free breakfast and self parking (We are Hilton Gold Members). We cancelled the Embassy Suites and left Friday for two night stay at the Hilton. We had to circle twice looking for the self parking garage called the front desk and they told us to talk to the Valet. The Valet told us that the self parking was 4 blocks away for the Hilton, but try around the block. This is one way traffic so around the block again (traffic is terrible) we get to the garage and pull in and were told they are full. This is getting nowhere fast and my temper is starting to boil. I had looked at some parking garages before we left home just in case and remembered there was one a block away on Walton (Valet at $36 compared to the Hilton at $57?) Check in was great and were assigned to a room we requested 2316 corner room nice view. The next morning we went to the executive room for breakfast (what a joke) you have a better breakfast at the Hampton inn and you don't have to be a member to anything there. We took our coupons to the front desk and gave them back and got 1,000 Hilton bonus points instead. Remember we gave up our made to order breakfast at Embassy suites, because I was told about the Hiltons free breakfast when I called asking about that, they should have told me it was a little of nothing. The front desk staff was great they did honor our request for a late checkout. The room next to us the first night made lots of noise late. This was our anniversary get away and we made the most of it. We had free breakfast before at the Hilton Garden Inn downtown Chicago (Webber Grille) Free breakfast at the Hilton Towers and free breakfast at Homewood suites for being Hilton Gold members. This place needs to pick it up. When we hiked to the parking garage with all our gear the valet told us our car would not start, some one left a light on and the battery was dead. Go figure.

Room Tip: Top floors ending in 16
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank IcebergLake
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear IcebergLake,

It was disappointing to learn that you and your wife did not experience the service level that we always strive to achieve. We have shared your comments with our team, and you can be assured that we take your feedback very seriously. I have followed up with the valet parking company to ensure that situation such as yours do not happen again. Our Executive lounge offers a continental breakfast and I understand that guests who are expecting a breakfast buffet are not completely satisfied.

The next time you are in town, I would welcome the opportunity to have you stay with us again and experience the true hospitality that your deserve. Please contact me prior to your visit and I will personnally ensure that your stay is both comfortable and enjoyable.
Maidstone, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

This is a reasonably comfortable hotel, aimed mainly at families. The rooms are all 2 room suites, I believe, so provide a reasonable amount of space, with small fridge, microwave and tea/coffee making facilities. My experince here has been slightly mixed with air con that doesn't respond to any change in the controls, and poor wifi (which costs about $13 per day). But the restaurant/bar is friendly and rooms seem quiet.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business

Dear Dstj01,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is both valued and appreciated. I apologize for the situation you experienced with the air conditioning and I assure you that both housekeeping and engineering are aware of the importance of addressing the issue when a unit has a mechanical problem.

Plaese to not hesitate to reach out to me directly the next time that you are vsiting Chicago and I will be happy to make sure that your stay is comforatable and enjoyable.
Austin, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

So many things went wrong with my recent stay at the Hilton Chicago Magnicent Mile. My room key card had to be reset several times. The room was stiflingly hot--the heater would not turn off & staff did nothing to help. The in-room fridge did not work. Also, the restaurant and bar are tenants rather than actual Hilton properties, and there was a definite lack of good customer service as a result.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo

1 Thank Frances D
Dear Frances D,

We are sorry we were unable to provide you with the quality of amenities and service you expect from Hilton during your recent stay. We apologize for the issues with your room key, as well as the heater and fridge. We are working with our maintenance team to ensure this does not happen again. I appreciate you takingh the time to tell us about your experience and i assure you that your feedback is very important to us and that it is taken very seriously by all of us at the hotel.

If you return to our area, we hope you will consider staying with us again and i invite you to not hesitate to contact me directly to assist with your reservation.
Algonquin, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

My 4 children and I have stayed here many times - sometimes through hot-wire or the hotel site- always have had a clean room- nice pool- helpful concierge - and best of all- the LOCATION is great. So near water tower- and close to beach in summer.
we get the 2 queens and a pull out - fits us pretty well.
I do love running on the treddy by the pool- great view- and kids can swim.
The in and out parking is typical of other hotels - +50$- parking is a bit hard to find around there w/ a big SUV - but worth it for the location.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Dave M.

Thanks so much for sharing your experience with us and others travelers. Reading the experiences of our guests is something that we enjoy doing and yours are no exception. The team truly appreciate hearing from our guests. It truly is rewarding for us to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay with us. Thank you

It looks like Chicago is a short drive for you and we look forward to welcoming you back the next time you come to visit our great city.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel due to my daughter having to be admitted for 5 days to rush hospital and the night before was my birthday. Our stay did not start off as well as we had hoped as we were told we could self park handicap when we made reservations that included the parking. Peter in valet informed us that our SUV with wheelchair ramp and said he would valet at no extra charge and he was great. We did however need to use the bellhop which we weren't expecting and therefore had no cash. My husband did explain to the bellhop that he only had a dollar but would catch him later which we found torn in half in front of our door. We spoke to Carmen the manager and explained the situation and went above and beyond to make the rest of our stay amazing including birthday dinner help at the restaurant which was amazing. We will be coming to chicago often and will now always stay here because of her actions alone but we did enjoy the pool and the cleanliness of the rooms. I actually had to stop to hug her and thank her and of course she acted like it was just doing her job but it meant so much to us. She turned a stressful weekend into a very enjoyable weekend and words cannot describe our appreciation enough. Also the manager at The Local which was Donna went above and beyond not only made my birthday special but my daughter also and the food was incredible. This Hilton is very lucky to have these 2 managers and Peter the valet working for them. They love their jobs and really care about people

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Carla K
Dear Carla,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is both valued and appreciated. There is no doubt that feedback from our guests and recognition of our team members by you is very motivating. I am glad that you brought the situation with the bellman to our attention and gave us the opportunity to act on it immediately. Thank you.

We look forward to welcoming you back at your home away from home the next btime that you are in Chicago. Don't hesitate to reach out to me or Carmen directly.
NJ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2014

Everyone at this hotel is super nice. I needed to have something shipped, and they were so accommodating! Also I called the day before to request a late check out and they immediately gave it to me, no questions asked. There is a gym at the hotel - not a whole ton of machines, but enough for what you need. I loved the suite set up for every room. Bed was comfy, and bedroom even had a little sit down vanity area (although my chair was wobbly). There isn't much in this area, so if you're looking to explore Chicago I'm not sure that this is the best place, but if you're here on business, this is a fine place to stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Xdcdcd1,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is both valued and appreciated. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed the service provided by our team members. We strive to provide friendly and professional service and accomodate our guests requests in everything we do, thank you for taking the time to recognize the work our team members do.

We look forward to welcoming you back the next time that you are in town. Our location next to the Maginificent Mile, Lake Michigan, the John Hancock Tower, Oak Street and Rush street gives many options to our guests and i hope that you will be able to discover on your next visit.