“Recommended !”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #66 of 189 Hotels in Chicago
“Recommended !”
Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

Rooms are all suites, very clean, and great location! Walking distance to all the cool places! There are plenty of good / great restaurant within walking distance and other great attractions. The staff was very friendly and helpful .Highly recommend this hotel!

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Dear Cochisedog,

Thank you so much for taking time from your busy schedule to share your experience. It is both valued and appreciated. I am glad that you enjoyed the service receieved at the hotel as well as our location. Many of our guests have found that our location is the perfect place to enjoy everything Chicago has to offer and be in the Gold Coast. The restaurants, the shopping, Lake Michigan, the Magnificent Mile and Oak Street are all in walking distance from the hotel.

Looking forward to seeing you in the great city of Chicago again soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (298)
  • Greek first
Boston, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel is nice. Just don't plan on asking the concierge for anything or expect to have someone in your family sleep on the pullout sofa. The sofa was completely broken and no one offered to switch our room or fix the bed. Additionally, my mother came in before the rest of the family. She asked the concierge for suggestions on somewhere to eat and the lady just suggested room service. Seriously? This is right off of Michigan Ave. there may not be a ton of eating options but there were a few at least. Very disappointed. Go stay in the loop where it is much cheaper.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Susan M,

Thank you for staying with us. Please know I regret your expectations were not met on this visit. Your feedback is highly valued and has been shared with the appropriate managers and associates to make sure things are handled differently in the future. We take the satisfaction of guests very seriously and I apologize for not meeting your expectations and our own standards.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so we can make it right on your next visit to Chicago.
St.Louis, United States
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Wifi was awful. You pay almost 300 a night and you cannot stay connected. I got told one thing on the reservation line(since no one at the front desk takes reservations anymore)when I booked the room about incidentals and was told another at the front desk. The bellman was not very friendly about wanting to put our stuff in the fridge when I was told I could by the person at the front desk.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Shannon,

We are disappointed to hear of your experience at our hotel and appreciate you taking the time to provide feedback. The problems you mentioned were brought to the attention of our guest services department and have been addressed. Please feel free to contact me directly so I can ensure that we make it right. I truly hope we will have the chance to make it up to you on your next visit to the area.

I look forward to having you stay with us again and experience the service that have made our hotel "the home away from home" for may of our guests.
Manton, United States
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Staff was over the top. Very friendly and made you feel like you were a celebrity. Bell man assisted in helping you find a taxi. The bed is very comfy as well as the pillows. I slept better there then in my own bed at home. I would recommend anyone to this hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear Mindy,

Thank you so much for taking time to share your experience with us. It is both valued and appreciated. It is always nice to read the feedback from our guests and your review is particularly pleasing due to the fact that you slept better with us than in your own bed. We love to be the home away from home for our guests and it seems that our hotel was your home away from home during your stay.

South Portland, Maine
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I booked a guaranteed reservation, knowing that I'd be arriving late. Upon arrival I was informed that, while my boss still had his reservation, my room had been given away due to overbooking. I was told there were absolutely no vacant rooms on the property. The next 90 minutes were an absolute nightmare. First I was told that accommodations had been made for me already at a nearby hotel. Then I was told that that hotel had also given away my room. I then stood there and waited until another property was located that had a room available. I was told the hotel would pay for it, and then asked for a credit card to book the room. Of course I said no to this. Then I was given an envelope of cash (for a taxi ride I was told was 30 minutes and the room rate at the other hotel). Wary, I got in the cab wondering whether the hotel would even accept cash as payment. I should add, by this time it was 11:30 PM. In the taxi, the driver asked where I was going. When I gave him the address he told me that it was over an hour away. I checked GPS, it was an hour and 15 minutes away. I had him bring me back to where he'd picked me up ($6 later) and demanded that a closer solution be found. The Night Auditor then got on the phone with another guest who had a reservation, asking him if he was still checking in that day. He was told no, and cancelled the reservation. At that point, I was told I'd be staying at the original property after all... 90 minutes, to be told there's no room, almost sent over an hour away, just to end up staying in a room that should have been given to me in the first place... they gave away my room but were holding another one for someone else?!?!? The entire ordeal was an appalling display of bad customer service. I asked for a call from the General Manager the following day, to discuss what had happened. No call came to my cell phone, as requested, but I did get back to my room that evening to find a message that came in at 11:00 that morning on the room phone. As if most people are still in their hotel rooms at 11:00 AM...? Clearly this is a person who wanted to be able to say that a call was made, likely at a carefully thought out time so that no answer would be likely. I've stayed at this property in the past but after this, certainly won't be returning.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank himurray
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Ms. Murray,

Thank you very much for staying with us and for taking the time to tell us about your experience at our property. I am deeply sorry for the poor service you received. I also want to apologize for my poor follow-up and please know that I did not time my call to your room, I just happened to not be by my desk most of the morning. I should have followed up with you later in the evening to see if we could connect, my follow-up was not up to my personal standard.

I will be contacting you on Monday to follow-up and offer a resolution to this situation. I hope that you will give us the opportunity and the privilege to serve you again in the future. I want to assure you that all of us take the satisfaction of our guest very seriously and that situation such as yours is not typical of the service we provide our guests.

I look forward to speaking with you to demonstrate our commitment to provide you with the service experience you deserve.
Paris, France
Reviewed 19 June 2014

the situation of the hotel is quite good, just a block away from Mag' Mile, 1 km from the river, and very close to the lake.
The hotel itself is clean, but quite old-fashioned without any charm.
The room is spacious, but you can't access the wifi without paying more than 10$ a day!
Breakfast is good.
A very good point is the large swimming pool at the top floor which is really great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Dear Olivier D,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us and other travelers. I am glad that you enjoyed our location next to the John Hancock Tower, the Magnificent Mile, Lake Michigan, Oak Street and many restaurants on Rush Street.

We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to Chicago.
ohio
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Comfortable hotel wit clean rooms and very welcoming and helpful staff.

Tiny shop in the lobby to buy prepackaged sandwiches, drinks, breakfast foods, and attached to a non-hotel restaurant that has a nice, broad menu.

Can't beat the location - one block from Mag Mile (Bloomingdales) and five minute walk to the lakeshore.

Nice fitness center with well maintained equipment. Indoor pool isn't really large enough to swim laps :(

Good value - and I will stay here for personal travel the next time I am in town

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Ibes,

Thanks so much for your comments. It sounds like you had a great time here in Chicago. Reading the experiences of our guests is something that we enjoy doing and yours is no exception. I am glad that you enjoyed the friendly service provided by our team members. You are right in pointing out our great location. The location in the middle of the Gold Coast gives our guests a lot to do just a short walk from the hotel.