“Beautiful hotel, great location, great price”

Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Ranked #65 of 188 Hotels in Chicago
Champaign, Illinois
“Beautiful hotel, great location, great price”
Reviewed 9 January 2011

I booked this hotel through priceline and ended up paying $63 total for the night. I was really surprised when I walked into the room with my 2 daughters. I assumed that the hotel must have made a mistake. The room was HUGE and beautiful. Bathroom was spacious and clean. The staff was so friendly and helpful. There is a huge pool on the 30th floor with huge windows overlooking Lake Michigan. There is an exercise room, massage room, sauna and hot tub. It was very clean. Out of curiosity, I researched the retail price for our type of suite and it was only $125 without any discount. That's a great price. It's Right Next to the John Hancock building. It is a really great location.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 22 January 2011
Dear AmandaFrye,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments concerning your stay at the Hilton Suites Chicago. There is nothing more rewarding and motivating for the team to know that we have contributed to our guests having a great stay with us and in Chicago. We believe that good service provided in a helpful and friendly manner is what makes a hotel like ours a great place to stay. I have shared your comments with the team, your feedback is extremely important as it enable us to continuously strive to improve our service to the guests.

I look forward to welcoming you back at the Hilton Suites Chicago on your next visit to our great city.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (296)
  • Greek first
Fort Gratiot, Michigan
Reviewed 6 January 2011

The concierge was very helpful with our luggage and calling cabs and such. The lobby is small, busy, and crowded but very well maintained and clean (including the lobby restrooms) I was a little disappointed with the lack of restaurants/ food choices and the room service took forever!

The room was very clean, and everything in proper working order. The king bed seemed smaller than a standard king bed, but was still just as comfortable as other Hilton hotels we've stayed at. The pull out sofa works well with our young children, but if you have big kids, you might be better off booking the 2 double bed suite.

Close to all shopping near the Magnificent Mile.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
Dear HeatherWilk76,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the hilton Suites Chicago. We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your experience at the hotel. I am very pleased to read that you found the room to be very clean and our concierge to be very helpful. Providing our guests with warm and friendly service is what we want to be known for. Thank you.

We look forward to you staying with us again the next time you are in Chicago.
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 13 December 2010

For the money that Hilton charges, the hotel should have been much better. Embassy is much more comfortable, with free breakfast for lesser money. The building is older, and the rooms are in need of an upgrade. Closet doors hinges broken, ceiling paint falling off, etc. They called the room a suite, but it was one room divided by a dresser drawer with a large television on top. Overall, the hotel was fine and clean but with a search I'm sure a cleaner and more up to date hotel can be found. (the staff was courteous at all times)

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business
PatrickFilatre, General Manager at Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites, responded to this review, 21 December 2010
Dear Simaurien,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write about your experience at The Hilton Suites Chicago this past November. I apologize that the hotel did not meet your expectations nor did it meet our own standards. I can assure you that I have followed-up with the team to ensure that the maintenance of all our rooms be timely and pro-active. Please do not hesitate to contact us for your next visit to Chicago and we will ensure that you have a beautiful suite with a view of the lake.

Best regards,
North America
Reviewed 12 December 2010

This hotel is located just off Magnificent Mile, right by all the great shopping and restaurants. The rooms have a bedroom and a living area with wet-bar area and large bathroom. There is a coffee bar in the lobby serving Starbucks coffee, and there is a restaurant/bar as well. The hotel offers parking at $52.00 per night. I liked this hotel as it's warm and cozy and the staff are friendly and helpful. When you check in ask for a lakeview room if you want a nice view. The rate I got was great for a hotel with such a good location and a nice big suite - all Hilton style of course. Unbeatable!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Dear Travellinggirl2010,

Thank you very much for taking the time to let us know about your experience at the Hilton Suites Chicago. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your stay and the service that you received from our team members. I have shared your feedback with the team and I can assure you that there is no better motivator than the feedback we receive from our guests. We look forward to welcoming you back to Chicago and the Hilton Suites in the future.

Best Regards,
Lakewood, Colorado
Reviewed 7 December 2010

The location is great, just a few blocks from the Mile. The staff were very friendly and were especially nice to my kids and my dog. I will stay here on my next trip to Chicago.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled with family
x
Reviewed 4 December 2010

Wow...a hard one to review. BBB rating was good. Reviews were iffy due to some complaints. However, I decided to book anyway due to higher rates at other hotels during a sold out time period. I received a wholesale rate through Resorts Plus International even though the area was busy. The only complaint I have is the rooms were a little out dated. But the staff were friendly and accomodating.

Stayed November 2010, travelled with friends
Dublin, Oh
Reviewed 23 November 2010

Call me crazy, but a few things seem to stick out to me after a hotel stay.

1..Service. I don need someone sucking up to me, but a human touch means a lot when traveling. The service here was good, valets out front seemed annoyed at my arrival - fellas, sorry to interrupt your little kibbutz here - now can you help with my bag somehow?

2 Shower. Pressure is key, as showerhead performance.. both GREAT at this hotel. Big-time pressure and a working showerhead...wow. Maybe the best pressure I have ever experienced in a hotel.

3 Iron. GREAT again, great iron! Nothing is worse than ironing a white shirt with a iron that has schmutz on it - and ruining the shirt. THis iron was clean, great steam, and had a cord with plenty of length.

I liked this place and will stay here again when I return...

If I could wich it closer to the blue line - well, it'd be perfect.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled on business