“So helpful and close to lake!”

Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile
Ranked #107 of 190 Hotels in Chicago
Boggstown, Indiana
“So helpful and close to lake!”
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Took four kids, mother in law and mom on a quick get away to Chicago. They were soooo helpful from the moment we checked in until we left! They made sure we had adjoining rooms and on the same floor as the pool (5th floor) Helped with cheapest parking garage, and told us best way to get places we wanted to go. Big Ben came to our window of our car the minute we got there and let us park our car in the front until we were situated in our room. Then, told us exactly where to go, etc. Then, Kenneth made sure the kids couldn't touch the room mini bars, gave us suggestions, etc. Pool was adorable! Room had great window seat, was clean and comfortable! 3 blocks to a beach, Lake path and Navy Pier.

Room Tip: Pool is on 5th floor
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
KokuaHospitality, Guest Services at Doubletree by Hilton Chicago Magnificent Mile, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Lisa E- Great comments!! We were happy to read about your memorable experience at the DoubleTree Chicago. Thank you for personally recognizing Big Ben and Kenneth's hospitality efforts. They are great assets to our team, and don't know what we'd do without them! We are glad you appreciated the adjoining rooms, in-room window seat, and close proximity to the lake.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (378)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Massillon, Ohio
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

My wife and I stayed here over the 4th weekend. Very nice hotel, room was great with a view of the lake. Can't beat the location. We arrived on Tuesday and left Saturday....never used the car once. Eveything was in walking distance. Very friendly and accomodating staff. We would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Jim C- Thank you for the wonderful comments! We can't wait to welcome you back again soon.
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel two block from Michigan Ave. Very helpful and friendly staff. We were created by Big Ben, one o the bellman who let us leave the car while we got checked in. Rasheed brought our bags to the room and offered to get a different room because our room smelled like food. We got a great tip on Italian beef sandwiches and I love the cookies! The only reason I didn't give five stars is because the Einstein closes at 2pm and the restaurant closed at 10am. I wanted a hot tea and a snack couldn't get anything.

Stayed July 2014
kwilk67- We are happy that Big Ben and Rasheed went above and beyond during your check-in process. We apologize if you were unable to get a hot tea and snack after 2pm, but there are many coffee shops and convenience stores surrounding our hotel. Next time, please inquire with our front desk agent or concierge if you need
Commerce Township, Michigan
Reviewed 10 July 2014

1st let me say that Pablo at the front desk was extremely helpful when I checked in. I had called twice and spoke with 2 difference people before my stay (because I was used to getting different answers everytime I called) to confirm what size bed the sofa bed was in the king room. I was told it was a king size sofa bed - I thought that was odd, but I was told in 2 separate phone calls that they checked the computer and yes, the king room with a sofa bed was also king size. I thought this would be perfect since my teenage niece and nephew were going to have to sleep together on this trip. While checking in, Pablo informs me that this is not the case. He did get us in a 2 queen bed and also made up for the room not being ready until after the 3pm check in time. Now the room was a little dustier than I would have liked, but we lived with it. We were staying 4 nights. I requested foam pillows on the first night and then housekeeping took them away on our 3rd night and I had to request them again. We also didn't get washclothes for 2 of the days - just little things.

The concierge was extremely helpful, however, I would suggest that you add for those that are completely new and have NEVER used the bus EVER, that if you are going to the Lincoln Park Zoo. you need to take the Southbound Bus back to the hotel. All the piece of paper says that you hand out to the guest is that the "same bus #151 will return you to the hotel area" We had no idea that we needed to get on the Southbound bus to get back to Michigan Ave. It would be nice for those that have NO knowledge of the bus system. It would have saved us 2 hours.

Beautiful Pool!!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
auntjessie- Thank you for recognizing Pablo in your review! He's been working here a long time and never misses a beat with our guests. We apologize if your foam pillows were accidentally taken away and if you were not provided enough wash cloths throughout your stay. Rest assured, we will address this with our housekeeping department. Thank you for providing us with your valuable feedback regarding the Lincoln Park Zoo public transportation directions. We will be sure to include this important detail moving forward.
Hobart, Indiana
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Let me try to start with the positive. We stayed at this hotel because my mother was having major surgery at Northwestern. When we first arrived, we were greeted with warm cookies. The kids loved them. The bellmen were nice and helpful. Also, the bar was inviting. Now, the negative. The parking is absolutely ridiculous! $50 per day and as I am writing this review, they have a "parking special" going on. When we got up to the room, 23rd floor, we discovered a cleverly booby trapped mini bar and a mini fridge full of liquor and other non alcoholic drinks. Now, on my reservation, it was clearly stated that there would be kids in the room. I sort of understand the luxury of having certain things in the room but in a situation where my 3 year old doesn't understand that if she touches something she wants, I'm going to get charged $15 for 3 ounces of gummy bears, the food should be removed before check in. Especially the liquor. They tried several times to remotely lock the fridge but it didn't work. We had to wait for Ms Connie from housekeeping to come up and the initial idea was to take the entire fridge and mini bar out to alleviate the possibility of my 2 young children taking the items. They couldn't do that so they removed all the liquor which resulted in an almost $70 room charge but it was later removed. What's even worse was that our room was overcome with gnats!!! I counted 6 that i killed and thought it was over with. After returning back from seeing my mom at the hospital, they were EVERYWHERE!! We had absolutely NO FOOD in our room so I had no idea where they were coming from. My kids were freaking out and we had to change rooms in the middle of the night. After dragging my kids and luggage downstairs to the 10th floor, we plopped down on sheets that were filthy (picture taken)... On the upside, at least there were no gnats in our room. After paying upwards of $600 for a 2 night stay, I wouldn't stay here again. Yes, the walking distance to the Mag Mile was amazing but the bug problem is enough for me to not come back with my family and children. We didn't even get our coupon for not requesting housekeeping the days we were there. All that money spent.. I will say that Terry (I think that is his name)at the front desk and Terry the bellman were nice. I didn't care for Selva and her slight attitude. My key wasn't reauthorized (even though I paid) for me to leave the parking garage when I tried to leave and I was cursed out by the long line of people waiting to get out behind me. Selva had to walk to the gate to let me out and HER parking pass didn't work either!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank SurgicalTech219
SurgicalTech219- We regret to learn of the challenges you addressed in your review, and completely empathize. The goal of our team is to make sure that our guests have a carefree experience while on property, and it seems we did not achieve this with you. We will take your comments under consideration as we continually work to improve our guest experience. Please allow us the opportunity to discuss your situation in more detail offline. We kindly ask you to reach out to our Hotel Manager, Fernando Vazquez, at: fvazquez@doubletreemagmile.com or 312-224-4260 so that we can find a resolution to your disappointing experience.
chicago, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The person who check me in did not explain the parking situation clearly to me. so we were not aware that we had to bering our ticket to the clerk desk to validate. so we whine up having 10 cars waiting on up to figure out what the problem is.

Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Twilla B- We regret if the parking validation process caused any inconvenience during your stay. Despite this challenge, we hope you had an overall great experience!
Chicago, United States
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Very nice hotel, staff was helpful and friendly. Rooms are spacious and clean. Internet cost was high. Good location in the heart of the city. Parking cost very high. Breakfast buffet overpriced. Beautiful pool.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends