“Delicious but a bit expensive”
Review of Mythos

Mythos
Reserve with OpenTable
Mythos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,848 of 9,530 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$15 - US$25
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Greek
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Waitstaff
Glenview, Illinois, United States
“Delicious but a bit expensive”
Reviewed 24 January 2013

My boyfriend and I went here the other night for our first anniversary. We had reservations elsewhere, but they didn't work out, so at the last minuted I was looking around the internet for a different restaurant.

I found Mythos when looking up Greek Food in Chicago. It had been featured on Check Please! and was hailed to be more authentic than what you get in Greektown. They didn't open until 5 pm, when I was already on the way to pick up my boyfriend from work, so I didn't have a chance to make a reservation. I was really hoping they wouldn't be full.

Well, they weren't. When we got there at 6:30 on a Tuesday, there was only one other party of 2 dining. In fact, the entire time we were there, there were only 3 other parties of 2. I've read a few places say they are busy on the weekends, but I guess during the week they might be slow.

The food is cooked to order, so it will tell you on the menu if you can expect it to take awhile, which is nice. We started with the spanikopita appetizer. We both got the filet mignon with green beans. My boyfriend got the rice pilaf and I got the Greek potatoes. We ended with the baklava. All of it was delicious.

The only problem is that you really kind of get nickel and dimed. No free refills on drinks, if you want more bread it's $2. It all really starts adding up. It ended up being $75 for the two of us before tax and tip. I've eaten for less than that at restaurants on Michigan Avenue.

I would probably go again, but if it's not a special occasion I would probably be more conservative about what I order.

Visited January 2013
2 Thank Cassandra C

Edina, Minnesota
“Tasty Greek”
Reviewed 20 January 2013

A nice non-Greektown find. We went with two other couples and shared everything. Among the entrees, braised lamb and pastitsio were both terrific, others less memorable but still good. Salads and appetizers were good, with the loukaniko and taramosalata at the top of the list. An odd baklava variant was yummy and an orange pound cake was great. Part of the attraction is yakking it up with the two sisters who own and run the place; they are great. It was packed early on a Saturday night and stayed packed, so they must be doing something right. BYOB.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank jakester88
Chicago, Illinois
“OK local Greek, skip the spanokopita”
Reviewed 18 November 2011

Some of the dishes, notably the taramasalata and the chicken reganata were outstanding. The service was friendly and the restaurant is attractive. But my spanokopita was such a disappointment -- no flavor, wrong crust. A nice place if you're in the neighborhood, but I'll head for Santorini next time. (And I ordered spinach pie at Miller's Pub the next night to make up for the spanokopita).

• Visited November 2011
1 Thank sallyws
Chicago, Illinois
“Very Good Greek”
Reviewed 13 November 2010

Being that I am Greek I find that some of the Greek restaurants food are lacking somthing. Not at Mythos!

Mythos has excellent food that is fresh and bursting with flavor. Owners and sisters Toni and Vicky make sure that you have a good time. The service is good, the atmosphere is pleasant and the place is BYOB.

I would try the pastichio, just like my mom made it. Unlike other places it is made fresh on the spot and served in a huge caserole.

2 Thank Chicagoeater
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“It was ok for Greek. I'll probably go again, cause it's the best Greek near us. I had the shrimp, which was...”
Reviewed 28 January 2008

It was ok for Greek. I'll probably go again, cause it's the best Greek near us. I had the shrimp, which was overcooked. Our friends had the pastichio, which they couldn't stop raving about...so if you eat beef, it's probably the thing to order on the menu.

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook