“Delicious food, great waiter and outstanding wine... we'll be back!”
Review of Prosecco

Prosecco
Reserve with OpenTable
Prosecco is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #376 of 9,658 Restaurants in Chicago
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighbourhood: Near North Side
Cross street: Huron & Superior
Transit: Prosecco is located within less than a block from several major transit stops, including a bus line that runs almost to the door! Visit the Chicago Transit Authority online to find the many train and bus lines that will bring you here!
Description: Contemporary Regional Italian Cuisine situated in Chicago's River North Gallery District. Join us for lunch, dinner or enjoy the patio with a glass from our acclaimed selection of Italians wines.
Illinois
“Delicious food, great waiter and outstanding wine... we'll be back!”
Reviewed 1 September 2011

We ate here last weekend while we were downtown celebrating our 34th wedding anniversary. We chose this restaurant based on the comments here on trip advisor, and we were more than happy with our experience. The restaurant was very busy, but our waiter took wonderful care of us. We discovered that he had worked at one of our favorite restaurants in Venice, Italy, and it was fun chatting about that. He recommended a particular wine ( a pinot grigio) after talking with us, and we very much enjoyed it. He also helped me decide between two dishes for an entree, and my dinner was fabulous. We split an appetizer and a salad, and each ordered an entree, and finished with a fabulous apple dessert. We split the risotto crab cake from the regular menu, and it was just perfect. We had one of the specials for the salad... the Caprese salad with the heirloom tomatoes was one of the best I have ever had. I ordered a halibut special (again, caprese style, so perfect for a summer night) and my husband had the orechiette tartufate... wow.
I wish we lived closer to the downtown Chicago area, as I would love to come here more often, but the next time we are downtown, we'll definitely head back to this lovely restaurant.
One other comment... it is not a quiet restaurant by any means, but we were seated in a fairly quiet area at our request... a hearing impairment means I need to be seated somewhere so I can hear not only my husband, but also the wait staff! We had a great time watching all the activity at the bar; once a couple of large groups were seated, the noise level did lessen somewhat.
I will definitely be recommending this restaurant to friends or out of town visitors.

• Visited August 2011

Macon, Georgia
“Food is great...seating is very close...worth it though”
Reviewed 29 July 2011

Ate dinner here w/ my wife after searching tripadvisor. Seating was close, but not unbearable. Not great for romance, as the next table can hear every word you speak (and vice versa). The food is worth it and they have several unique dishes, including a risotto crab cake which was simply awesome. If I lived in Chicago, I'd eat here twice a month.

• Visited July 2011
Columbia, MO
“Excellent-We Will Return”
Reviewed 2 July 2011

Having dined at Prosecco in the summer of 2010 during our annual Chicago trip, we were anxious to return. Upon arrival, we were seated immediately for our 7 pm reservation. Imagine our surprise to be greeted, and remembered, by our waiter from the previous dining experience-a year ago! One of the reasons our previous experience had been so memorable was as a result of this waiter. A taste of the house prosecco was immediately poured, along with a basket of bread being served. Salads ordered were the roasted beet and asparagus and the watercress and pear salad. Both were outstanding-great flavors and subtle dressings. Husband ordered the scallops with spinach and shitakes, with my entree being the cavatelli with shrimp and asparagus. Again-excellent, delicious-and not a bite left on either plate. Desserts were apple tart and the gelato-pefect endings to a delightful meal. The half bottle of white wine ordered was a satisfying accompaniment to the meal. Service at Prosseco is so professional, efficent, and unobtrusive. Even though the dining room was very busy and wait staff was always bustling, they were also very attentive. Upon departing the restaurant, my husband stopped by the hostess desk and asked the name of our waiter (even though he had introduced himself, we didn't remember). My husband was very complimentary of the waiter and our particular table location. He was asked if a notation could be made for that particular table and waiter for future visits. Knowing that we visit Chicago only once a year, we are quite impressed with Prosseco's customer service and attention to detail. We will return!

• Visited June 2011
1 Thank ShowMe
Iowa City, Iowa
“Best of Italy & Chicago”
Reviewed 29 April 2011

A friend of mine said they wanted to eat italian and they heard this place was good .We both have never been. WOW. What a great time we had there. The food was so fresh. delicious . The name of the restaurant is named after the bubbly italian wine. Ofcourse they have a large selection, i reccommend the next level up from the house pour. As you walk in the restaurant , a long, grand wooden bar goes along the left side wall, to your right is an elegant 'high end " looking tables , white tablecloths.People having a good time , wait staff is excellent , I RECCOMMEND getting a table towards the back of the restautant ( near the kitchen) you actually can see into it. The chef/ part owner( there are 8 part owners I think) is right there putting his final touch on dishes. The backroom is a little less fancy , a little less brightly lit, and you have a terrific charming fun engaging chef to watch and chat with when he's not to slammed . I would take any of my friends , family or business clients here . The food alone is worth the trip . Did someone say truffle cream sauce on fresh made pasta ?? The service was so great , I didnt want to leave. A MUST !

• Visited February 2011
Clarendon Hills
“Lovely dinner at Prosecco”
Reviewed 18 March 2011

Dined at Prosecco for the first time on Saturday, March 12th. Lovely decor and ambiance. We had 7:30 reserv. and had a short wait at the bar for our table. Enjoyed a glass of (what else) Prosecco. Our server was a woman, I can't remember her name but she was very good. Spent a lot of time going over the menu and wine list with us. We enjoyed the grilled octopus/calamari and some kind of mozarella cheese (Barfuto?) appetizers with friends. I had the veal saltimbocca and husband had the monk fish special. Friends both had the squid ink linguine which they loved. Very nice for a special occasion, noise level is somewhat energetic...

• Visited March 2011