“Perfect Location”

Dewitt Hotel & Suites
Ranked #124 of 191 Hotels in Chicago
Reviewed 8 October 2013

I stayed for four nights in a deluxe studio complete with full kitchen on one of the upper levels and it even had a lovely view of Lake Michigan. The apartments are perfectly located just a couple of blocks from The Magnificent Mile, one block from the lake and close to public transport.

All of the staff were very helpful and friendly and it really had everything you could need for accommodation.

My one complaint, which is why I gave it a four instead of a five, was that the previous occupant hadn't washed any of the kitchen items properly and as I cooked a few meals at the apartment I basically had to wash everything before using it. They could do with putting the contents of the kitchen through a commercial dishwasher. That was the only issue though with cleanliness and it wouldn't stop me from recommending this place. Great value for money.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Nicola D

Reviewed 2 October 2013

My boyfriend and I travelled in the US over the summer for 6 weeks and this place was one of the best places we stayed the whole trip.
We stayed for 3 nights and we didn't want to leave! The room was perfect, big bed, couch, flat screen, dining table and kitchenette. Not that you needed it as Chicago is probably one of the best places i've ever been too! The staff were friendly and helpful.
De Witt place is 2 minutes away from Michigan Ave and State Street. There are bars, restuarants, shops, boutiques, delis EVERYTHING within minutes of the apartments.
The only teeny tiny downside (and I hate writing this) is the bathroom was very small. However as all we wanted to do was get out and explore Chicago it really didn't bother us. Great place, great price, even better location!

Room Tip: If you're a tourist by the Sightseeing Tour bus, great way to see the city and it lasts for 3 da...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2013

I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights in August, the location of the hotel is perfect and literally a 2 minute walk to Michigan avenue at the John Hancock centre. The hotel rooms aren't fancy but the room was clean and spacious with a kitchenette which came equipped with a toaster and large fridge. The hotel was quiet at night and we had no issues sleeping any night we were there. This hotel is so much cheaper than other hotels in the area so it is definite good value for your money especially if you plan on being out all day and only coming back to the hotel to sleep and shower. I would definitely stay here again.
The only negative thing about the hotel was the elevators were extremely old and very slow so they require a little patience!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank holmakerrachel
Reviewed 26 September 2013

A friend booked this hotel for a little one trip to Chicago. The location was just around the corner from the John Hancock building. Lots of lovely shopping & dining within walking distance. The staff was very helpful. Cute little fitness center. Only downside was the "business center" was a single computer down in the basement laundry room. Our room had a full kitchen as well. I look forward to staying there again.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Lanora D
Reviewed 22 September 2013

We stayed for four nights and much prefered it to a traditional hotel room. The room had a small , equipped kitchen area , sofa and a comfortable bed

The bathroom was fairly small .

Its located in a very nice area and the price was extremely reasonable

we would definately stay again

Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank MarkTaunton
Reviewed 21 September 2013

We were fortunate to find this gem for our week-long stay in Chicago. Room 704 has a wonderful view of Lake Michigan and was quiet as well. The place was clean and well appointed with everything we needed. When I slipped beneath the soft sheets, I assumed they were the finest grade Egyptian cotton. However, they were 100% polyester which is too warm for me. That was the only complaint I have about this stay.
We walked and rode the CTA, toured downtown, and as many museums as we could take in 4 days. We returned to DeWitt each evening and found many choices of excellent dining experiences. Hoping to return to DeWitt for another stay in the future.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Wanda O
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I stayed in Dewitt Place for the month of June, I found it to be clean, welcoming and to have all the amenities I expected. The room was comfortable with everything I needed for my stay and the staff were warm, friendly and very helpful. I shower so it was not a problem but the bath was very stained and not very inviting so check this when booking of you like a soak! There is a great little store opposite which will deliver if you have heavy shopping, the Hancock Tower and north end of Michigan Ave is a 5 minute walk away and you are also a 15 minute walk from the beach which is fab! There is a bus on the corner which takes you down near Wacker Drive - all the buses are $2.25 per trip but you can get 1, 3 or weekly passes from Currency Exchange's or Walgreens and they save you money and stop you having to scrabble for change. There is a good local info pack in your room, they also put some local info about events, weather etc on a board in reception where there is also a lounge with a TV and complimentary (delicious) coffee. The free wifi is great and there is also a PC downstairs in the laundry with a printer so if you need to print boarding passes etc its no hassle. All in all I had a fantastic month in Chicago, lots of live music, excellent museums and galleries (thanks to Citypass) fantastic weather and most of all great people :)

Room Tip: Request a high floor my room had a great view of the Hancock Tower and on the front you may get a pa...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo