“I will never be back”

Cuisines: Delicatessen, Italian, Pizza
Good for: Child-friendly
Good for: Child-friendly
Reviewed 21 May 2014 via mobile

I will never patronize this place again. They have lost a customer for life. I went to get some berries of the Forrest gelato. I patiently waited in a long line & when I got to the counter I was skipped over several times. The last time they attempted to skip over me, the gentlemen behind me stated she was here first. They quickly took my order & gave me the total & told me that they only took cash & waited for me to pay before they serviced mw which they did to no one else. I am a young Black woman & I was absolutely repulsed at how they treated me. I wanted to confront them about it but i deemed it wasn't worth it & just left very disappointed & I vow never to go here again. I go where I am welcomed & appreciated not just tolerated & freddys sure let me know I was neither appreciated nor welcome & definitely not tolerated. Sad.

11  Thank ashley f
There are newer reviews for Freddy's Pizzeria

Reviewed 20 March 2014

You wait in line and order from the counter. Cash only. The food is fabulous and super authentic. The raviolis are to die for and the gravy (sauce) is, too. Seafood salad (calamari)…what can I say. Delicious. You will see many neighborhood people here and it's more crowded at noon until 1pm. The attire is very casual and there is nothing fancy about it. It's just seriously great, authentic Italian food. The real deal. Everything we had was perfect. Even though it's casual, I love the neighborhood atmosphere. Definitely a Chicago experience and one of the things I miss about living somewhere else.

1  Thank Outofdodge_10
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Not bad but not as good as it was Must be a new cook or something as it has been great for many years now it is a little different

2  Thank glendar10
Reviewed 4 January 2014

Tiny corner grocery which contains an amazing Italian deli.

Did not get too adventurous on this maiden voyage - beef sandwiches, sausage sandwiches, a couple of side salads & a pistachio gelato for dessert. All excellent. Will explore the menu a bit deeper on subsequent visits.

Seating next door in an enclosed sunroom. Can get quite cozy at peak times.

Very reasonably priced.

1  Thank Texasleaguer
Reviewed 7 December 2013

Love this place. I have never eaten one thing bad there. Tiny store. Packed to the gills most of the time, but well worth the wait. There Chicken sorrentina is to die for. We live in Romeoville, Illinois which is about 26 miles away from here. If it was 50 miles I would still make the trip. Excellent Gelato, pasta, pizza, everything. Cash only, and closed on Sunday.

1  Thank krs34