“Excellent - The Only Disappoint is No Wine and Beer Selling”

Courtyard Kochi Airport
Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Nedumbassery
Hong Kong, China
“Excellent - The Only Disappoint is No Wine and Beer Selling”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

The staff are very friendly.

Hotel is very close to the airport with free shuttle. Just 5 minutes away. The food is good except they do not sell wine and beer. I was told by their front desk managers that local government is very strict on wine license and they could not get one till the day I stayed. They will keep applying.

Hopefully one day they can get it.

The gym room is warm - they need extra air-conditioning since the windows are facing sunet.

By that way ... the hotel is very good for staying.

Room Tip: You can buy the wine and beer at another local resort that located at their back side ... but I did...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank StephenChan
Prakash J, Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, 31 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback on Trip advisor.

I am happy that you enjoyed your stay. I have noted your concern on the gym becoming hot in the evening and I will surely take corrective action on it.

Hopefully we will have some beer and wine in coming days as well. We are trying hard to get the licence.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel.

Prakash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (141)
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2014

Stayed overnight for a morning flight and was very pleasantly surprised at the very high standard of accommodation. The room was large and the finish of the fittings was of high quality, even including remote operate curtains.
The room was a standard type but of exceptional finish and cleanliness. Bathroom was very large and again of exceptional quality.
Staff were helpful and transfer to the airport was quick and efficicient.
Early breakfast was not a problem and the staff seemed eager to help.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Prakash J, Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback on Tripadvisor. I am happy that you had a comfortable stay at the hotel.

Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in future.

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 27 January 2014 via mobile

Stayed for a single night as I had an early flight out in the morning, as you walk in the hotel you get instant wow factor. On the surface, the hotel looks amazing but at closer inspection you notice little things that don't make sense or look right... The shower glass wasn't clean and the mini bar was empty, they also don't serve any alcohol but are able to have some purchased outside and delivered for you. All in all the room was very nice, comfy bed and nice pillows. Internet is something that needs to be payed for (I payed 500Rs for a day), which I think should be included with all hotels (another story). Location wise it's close to the airport and handy if you have a late or early flight but not close to any tourist locations. Nice place for a single night but I couldn't see myself staying any longer

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Dale W
Prakash J, Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for leaving your feedback on Tripadvisor.

Please do accept my apologies for the issues you had during the stay. My team and I am committed to fix the issues so that no future guest have a issue of cleanliness at the hotel.

The point you make about the hotel being a good place for transit is very true and many of the guest use this as both and entry and exit point from Kochi.

Look forward to your future stay at our hotel.

Gurgaon, India
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This was my first trip to Kochi alongwith my family, though i had travelled a couple of times earlier alone. Therefore, i made sure that kids can enjoy fully. The hotel is strategically located near to the Airport and not very far from teh Angamaly city. If you wish to travel to outside of Kochi, you may easily come out without wasting time in the busy roads of kochi. The hotel amenities are in excellent condition. The rooms are new and spaceous. We were a family of 4 with 2 adults and 2 kids but accommodated very well. The food is excellent. there are separate pools for adults & kids and the gym is also there. All amenities are maintained in en excellent condition.
The staff is very very co-operating. This is the point i wish to thrust upon. My kid was not well in the flight. Upon landing the situation was not under control. We immediately came to hotel. We were really terrrifed about where to go and whom to consult. Here the hotel staff volunteered as an angel. Four senior persons came to our help and provided all help for procuring medicines from the city. Kid's health situation was still not good and we landed into an emergency requiring hospitalization. In the late evening, we were to rush to hospital but still clueless where we shall go, whether we shall get a good paediatric doctor, what are the directions, how to communicate with local taxi etc. We were really panicked. But the hotel staff came forward and convinced us that they shall take us to a good hospital. They provided 2 cars (one for use and one for emergency back-up) and 3 officials. This was despite the pressure they were having of a high-profile wedding next day at the hotel. The officials took us to a very good hospital and were with us full night until in the next morning the doctors said that now the situation is within control. I can say that their preparedness, dedication and volunteer presentation gave life to my kid who was in emergency. I shall always feel indebted to the staff of Courtyard Marriot Kochi Airport for such an act of high kindness and help with a smile. Upon return, they even helped us to extend our stay by one more day as doctor asked us not to move out of city. This extension was granted despite the fact that the hotel was overbooked and all other hotels in the nearby location were also not vacant. So it was a full bloom exhibition of kindness and dedication. My best wishes to the entire staff and specifically to Mr. Sayed Faizan Naqwi, Arun, Anand and others who were there but i am missing their names. I wish every success for the prosperity of the hotel and its dedicated staff and am sure that with this dedication of service, the entire organization will see new heights of success. The staff performed beyond the call of their duty and like a motto in the army, the service beyond the call of duty is deep respected and person to whom it is served, becomes indebted forever.
All the best and keep it up.
Regards.
Manoj Malhotra

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank manoj_malhoKochi2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write on Tripadvisor. I am happy to note that my associates were able to help you and your child during the emergency.

I hope he is better now and wish him good health. I also look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in case your future trips bring you back to the city.

gurgaon
Reviewed 27 January 2014

I had a one night stop over in Kochi at the start of my Kerala vacation and we booked the Marriott near the airport after reading the rave reviews on the web. And we were not disappointed. The pickup was smooth. At check in we had to wait for about 30 mins, but no complaints as the normal check in time is 3 pm and we had reached at 12. The room was comfortable and well equipped. Bathroom was equally good. However, the one thing which stuck me was the eagerness displayed by the staff in helping guests with tourist information and any other information. It was a wonderful experience and made you feel really welcomed. The buffet breakfast was also quite excellant the next day and overall I was pretty much satisfied with the overall stay. Would definitely stay again if I get a chance to visit Kochi.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank GurgaonNomad
Dear Guest,

I am happy to note that you and your family enjoyed the hospitality at the hotel. I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in case your future journey bring you back to kerala and Kochi.

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 26 January 2014

I stayed here for a night. The hotel is new, with very modern outlook and lot of automation around. The staff is courteous and hospitable. The rooms are excellent. Shower is great.
Swimming pool and gym are excellent too.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank abhinav1982
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your feedback. I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the property on your future visits.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 January 2014 via mobile

I stayed here as I had an early flight from Kochi airport, after traveling through India for a month. It was a very welcome, classy, modern and professionally run place, with all mod cons that you would expect from a Marriott - fast internet, cable channels, room service. The shower was excellent and the bed was comfortable. It's more expensive that other hotels in India but still way cheaper than you'd usually pay in the western world for this kind of quality.

It took a long time to get here by cab from Fort Kochi (just over an hour) so I would recommend it as predominantly useful for the airport. There was a free shuttle service to the airport which took about 3 minutes.

Note that when I stayed there, there there was no liquor license so no wine, beer etc which was the only real downside.

Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest,

I am happy to note that you enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel in case your future trips bring you back to the city.

Prakash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nedumbassery
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#2 of 9 in Nedumbassery
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#7 of 202 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,931 reviews
Fragrant Nature Kochi
Fragrant Nature Kochi
#1 of 202 in Kochi (Cochin)
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#2 of 29 in Ernakulam

Been to Courtyard Kochi Airport? Share your experiences!