“Decent stay”

Ranked #1 of 9 Hotels in Nedumbassery
Pune, India
“Decent stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed here for a few hours on my birthday this year. I had arrived on a very turbulent flight from Singapore and had an eight hour gap till my flight to Mumbai in the morning. This being the closest hotel to the airport, I chose to stay here.

The staff at the 24 hour coffee shop was very good. He promptly got me everything I needed. The food was tasty too - I had some Indian stuff.

The staff at the reception though was not very polite; nor was he friendly. In spite of my mentioning that its my birthday (which he also checked on my passport), he did not bother wishing me. From a hospitality point of view, this was quite poor.

The room was excellent. You can tell that the hotel isn't very old. The furniture and fittings were of a high quality. I like that you can open the curtains electronically from your bed side.

Another sore point - since I had booked a 5 hour package, the same gentleman from the reception gave me a reminder / wake up call exactly when 5 hours were up. Since I was in the shower, I couldn't answer. But he kept calling again and again. Finally the 5th time I ran out of the shower and answered his call. Was he afraid that I would overstay by 10 or 15 minutes?

Apart from the poor reception staff, everything was good.

Room Tip: Do check out the short-stay packages - they are quite useful if you're transiting at the airport...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SaketPandit
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback on tripadvisor.

We take pride in providing a high quality service and looks like we could have improved upon your experience.

The front desk agent should have picked up the cues on your birthday and done what is expected out of every hospitality associate. I apologize on his behalf, promise to put training in and wish you a belated birthday wishes.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel should your future trip bring you back to kerala.

Prakash

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (138)
Malaga, Spain
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Just had an excellent diner with mouth-watering desserts. The room is very spacious, modern and comfortable. There is a very nice swimming pool which is open till 22.00 hrs. Great place to stay overnight, not something I expected of an airport hotel.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your review. Hope you had a wonderful time at the hotel and look forward to welcoming you back to the hotel soon.

London, England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

We couldn't fault this hotel, we only had an overnight stay before catching an early flight but were very impressed. It's only drawback is that there is no bar and it is not licensed for alcohol - I find it unbelievable that nobody else has mentioned this in their reviews. We're not alcoholics, but we were on holiday and would have liked a bottle of wine with dinner! The hotel offered to send someone to buy it outside the hotel but as we had no idea what wines would have been on offer, there is never a great choice in India, so we had a 'dry' day. I find it remarkable that a hotel of this standard which is part of a world wide group can be unlicensed.

1 Thank mrstoady
Dundee, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Because we had limited internet access when we booked this hotel- I had based my choice on my experience in other Marriot hotels worldwide, without reading the website in detail. The hotel has no bar (which is on the website, but I'd not checked out), which for a Westener wanting to relax on thier last night in India was an issue. The staff will deliver alchol to your room, but it was more the relaxing atmoshpher we were after, to sit and be sociable- as opposed sitting in our bedroom.
The room was beautiful, and the bed vvery comfertable, and was as expected. As it was our last night in India the location was perfect for the airport- and the courtesy bus ideal.

The swimming pool was quiet (just us)- but is right out side the reception/resteraunt. So it wasnt really somewhere I would have liked to have sat for too long. The Hotel is definately angled towards buisness travelers rather than leisure.

The staff were all very friendly, and incredibly helpful. Overal just the wrong hotel for us.

2 Thank kath d
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your review on Tripadvisor and for mentioning that the staff were friendly.

I understand that not having a bar is a disappointment and we are working hard to get the licence for the same.

Hopefully it will be resolved soon.

Guildford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Being a frequent business traveller, I always prefer stay in Marriot group of hotels, and have stayed in different category hotels worldwide. I am excited and happy that my hometown now have this international brand.

I have stayed there few nights (5 or more) during my vacation and really impressed with the service and I must say that the quality of the stay is as part of international Marriot standard. The location is excellent near to airport and few miles to my home city Angamaly.

Service was excellent and Staff were friendly, and I have to make a special mention to a couple of staffs- ‘Ranjith and Ron’ - who were there always to assists me for all my requests.

I missed the ‘Lounge service’ with Wine and snacks as a part of platinum membership, the lounge was under renovation and is yet to receive the liquor license. Hopefully I can enjoy the lounge service in my next visit.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, 18 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your valuable feedback on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to note that the team took great care of you during your stay. They are the backbone of the hotel and definitely an asset to us.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel during your future visit home.

Bingley, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2014

Stayed here as had been at Fort Cochin and had an early morning flight so wished to be near the airport in the morning. The hotel offers a few shuttle to/ from the terminal and its only 3- 5 minutes if that.
The hotel has a very large pool, which was quiet whilst we were there. The rooms are large ad of a modern design. We ate at the restaurant but were a little disappointed with our selection. We both went for a burger and chips . The waiter said it would be 20 minutes as it would be cooked fresh, which we said is fine by us. There also seemed to be a buffet on which wasn’t really that well advertised, but as we’d been ill earlier in the holiday we decided to go for a freshly cooked item off the menu. It took about 30 mins to arrive, which is fine, but the burger and chips was only warm at best (not hot) which is odd since they made a big deal of saying it had to be freshly made. It felt like it had been sitting somewhere for 5 or 10 minutes before coming to the table- also the meat used in the burger was a little tough. That said, most other people seemed to have gone for the buffet so perhaps that’s a good option in this hotel.

Room Tip: first floor, overlooking airport or pool
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to leave your feedback on Trip advisor. I am glad you had a good stay but am concerned about your dining experience.

Be rest assured that I will take this up with the restaurant manager to relook at the systems so that other guests dont have the same issues in future.

I look forward to welcome you back to the hotel during your future visits to the city.

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

This was the best hotel in a combined trip of India and Dubai - wish we'd had more than a one night stop over here! The staff are amazing, the rooms were ridiculously fantastic. Nothing can be faulted whatsoever. Although I would still advise not to eat to he salad there - I thought I was safe given how amazing the hotel is - I wasn't, but in order to made up for it the room service in the evening was prompt, delicious and tremendously good value. This hotel won my heart, stay there if you can!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Welltravelled091048
Prakash J, General Manager at Courtyard Kochi Airport, responded to this review, 7 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking time to review the hotel on trip advisor. I am happy that you enjoyed your stay

I look forward to welcoming you back to this beautiful hotel in Kochi.

Prakash
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nedumbassery
Kochi Marriott Hotel
#2 of 9 in Nedumbassery
The Gateway Hotel Marine Drive Ernakulam
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
Vivanta by Taj - Malabar
#6 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
4.5 of 5 bubbles 1,911 reviews
Fragrant Nature Kochi
Fragrant Nature Kochi
#1 of 201 in Kochi (Cochin)
Palm Grove Service Villa
Palm Grove Service Villa
#2 of 29 in Ernakulam

Been to Courtyard Kochi Airport? Share your experiences!