“Loved it”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Clinton
Sunset Inn & Suites
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Clinton
“Loved it”
Reviewed 10 May 2014

I have stayed in the jungle room and found it just a great experience, I have also stayed in the cave room but the mattress was very hard and I didnt sleep well,but the theme was very well done., I also have stayed in the wine and roses room, loved the heart shaped hot tub , but again the mattress was very hard and uncomfortable. But I will go back because the themes are awsome! I just hope one day they will upgrade to a more comfortable mattress for these rooms...I would have rated an excellent if not for the hard mattress.

Room Tip: The jungle room is the most awesome ever!!!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathy E

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Brighton, IL
Reviewed 13 January 2014

When you're out of options of what to get the guy who has everything - plan Romance! The Theme Rooms are totally outstanding.
Our first visit was the Hearts Desire. Heart shaped bed and heart shaped jet tub - but the steam-room steals the show. We also stayed in "Roman Holiday" which my husband really enjoyed - truly set for a king. These rooms are well thought out and large with every attention to detail. Comfy, romantic, sexy - taking you away from it all without having to travel far if you live near St. Louis, MO. The big draw back here is lack of resturarnts but Pizza Hut does deliver. We take a cooler packed with goodies, snacks and cocktails - the rest is pure magic.
Take a break and enjoy the very large pool - then back to your fantasy room. We love going here.

Room Tip: Check the website to choose the room of your desire and book early or stay during the week
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Marlene N
Athens
Reviewed 7 January 2014

The suite is nicely decorated like a cabin. Our stay was to bring in the New Year Listening to a band called Imagine That (which was very good as a mater of fact), it turned out to be a bring your own bottle (which we left in our suite as we were informed we could not have glass bottles or drinking glasses near the pool area), the Tiki room is off the pool area. So we listened to the Band for an hour or so and decided to go back to our suite to finish out 2013 with our wine, crackers, cheese, summer sausage and a great soak in the hot tub! We watched the New Year in while soaking and watching from the second of three TV's in our suite, the third TV is in the bathroom off the bedroom area, the bed was a King size with one of those thick memory foam mattresses. It looked good, but not to our liking. The best part for us was the Hot Tub and the Shower the size of our whole bathroom here at home. My husband called it a virtual water park for adults! It had two rain shower heads, two hand held shower heads and a pulsating shower control. There was a bench where one could sit and enjoy the shower as a steam room. I was in Heaven as I never ran out of hot water as I do at home. It was a very nice stay and our our seventh Fantasy Suite we have stayed in thus far.

Room Tip: Th website seems to have very good virtual tour of each room/ Fantasy Suite. Ask questions when you...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Mj B
Effingham, Illinois
Reviewed 16 December 2013

My boyfriend and I stayed one night at Sunset to celebrate our anniversary. My immediate reaction was that the outside of the building was a little dated, but once inside, the lobby was nice and clean. We stayed in the Hawaiian Waters room. The room was clean, but could use a couple of updates such as new bathroom tiles and bedspread.

The sauna and vibrating bed in the room were kinda anti-climactic, but the jet tub was very relaxing (the volcano was a cheesy, but nice touch). We LOVED the shower/stream room! There are two fancy jet shower heads so you don't have to share, as well as a bench seat, in case you just want to relax.

Needed improvements: Bath towels!!! Their's are scratchy!

Nice touches: Kuerig, DVD player, mood music

Overall we had a great stay and will be back! Cabin Fever here we come:)

• Stayed December 2013
miami, florida
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I am giving this propery five stars, as I have not unfortunately had a chance to stay there yet, and it would not be fair to affect their rating in a negative way. I just wanted to share this in case someone else wanted to bring a portable crib and have a child share a fantasy suite with them.I tried to make a reservation for one night during the week, for one of the fantasy rooms. My husband and my toddler have a Birthday on the same day, so we were looking forward to a quiet place away from home where we could eat some cake, and enjoy a different ambient. My son adores fish, so he would have enjoyed the aquarium very much. Low and behold, we were told that our child is NOT ALLOWED to come with us, as they had a really bad experience with children, and since 15 years ago no child is allowed in the fantasy suites. My child is a very-well behaved kid, and I never let him out of sight. We travel a lot, and have never had any problems. We have stayed in some of the most expensive hotels with lots of fragile items. My son was always with us. A responsible parent will make sure a child does not damage someone's property. I know that Irresponsible adults will make more damage than a kid quite often, and we all know that many different types of people come there, just like anywhere else. There is nobody to supervise adults, while my kid is always supervised. Therefore, being new in area, having moved here from a big city, I was very disappointed. The owner felt very strong about no-kids policy, and assumed in advance that having a kid in the room equals a disaster. I can understand his fears, and I respect that, but generalization is plain wrong. We would have been some of the best, cleanest, and the most responsible customers for sure, as we always take great care about other people's property. We live close by, so we would have been frequent guests. Very disappointing when people make assumptions and judge everyone based on a couple of bad experiences. I am giving this propery five stars, as I have not unfortunately had a chance to stay there yet, and it would not be fair to affect their rating in a negative way. I just wanted to share this in case someone else wanted to bring a portable crib and have a child share a fantasy suite with them.I tried to make a reservation for one night during the week, for one of the fantasy rooms. My husband and my toddler have a Birthday on the same day, so we were looking forward to a quiet place away from home where we could eat some cake, and enjoy a different ambient. Low and behold, we were told that our child is NOT ALLOWED to come with us, as they had a really bad experience with children, and since 15 years ago no child is allowed in the fantasy suites. My child is a very-well behaved kid, and I never let him out of sight. We travel a lot, and have never had any problems. We have stayed in some of the most expensive hotels with lots of fragile items. My son was always with us. A responsible parent will make sure a child does not damage someone's property. So, generalizing is very wrong...I know that Irresponsible adults will make more damage than a kid quite often, and we all know that many different types of people come there, just like anywhere else. There is nobody to supervise adults, while my kid is always supervised. Therefore, being new in area, having moved here from a big city, I was very disappointed. The owner felt very strong about no-kids policy, and assumed in advance that having a kid in the room equals a disaster. I can understand his fears, but generalization is plain wrong. We would have been some of the best, cleanest, and the most responsible customers for sure, as we always take great care about other people's property. Very disappointing when people make assumptions and judge everyone based on a couple of bad experiences.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank anacek
Decatur, Illinois
Reviewed 29 October 2013

So a week ago (October 25,2013) I paid for 6 kids to swim at Sunset Inn & Suites in Clinton and later wrote about what a jerk the manager/owner was (ironically his name is Dick)..He came into the pool area yelling and CUSSING at my group of CHILDREN (4 of which were not even my own). Two of the children were under 6 years old. He was irate over my son standing on a raft not knowing the pool rules. We were told the rules but my son was in the restroom and did not hear them. The rules are NOT posted anywhere and the owner kicked him out of the pool with no warning. I went to the front desk to plead his case because he did not know he was doing anything wrong and the owner told me if he did it again we were all kicked out. We put all the pool toys up after that but did not stay very long because the younger kids were pretty upset to see and hear a stranger yelling at them for no reason. Well when I got home I turned him into the BBB and wrote a review on his Facebook Sunset Inn business page..He got my number off my Facebook page and personally called me..He was extremely angry that I turned him in and wrote about his behavior on Facebook so he banned me for life from Sunset Inn. All in the same breath he claimed to be justified because of his insurance company being strict but then apologized for cursing and yelling. However, he still banned me at the end of our conversation. This place is NOT NOT NOT kid-friendly at all and I have several friends who have also had a bad experience with him when it came to their children as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
6 Thank Leilani_Wilson
Canyon, Texas
Reviewed 9 October 2013

We've spent quite a few nights in the Fantasy Suites. Especially the cabin one. It's amazing just to get away even if you're still stuck in Clinton. If you're looking for a good time to just get away and spend some one on one time I totally approve of this place

Room Tip: The Cabin Room is to die for!
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank frequentflyer121
Also consider these accommodations in or near Clinton
Days Inn Farmer City
Residence Inn Decatur Forsyth
Hampton Inn Lincoln
Hampton Inn Lincoln
#1 of 6 in Lincoln

Been to Sunset Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!