“Lovely Place”

Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Went here to celebrate my husbands 70th birthday. Everything was wonderful lovely room amazingly comfortable beds and a nice touch a small fridge in the room. We had the afternoon tea which was really nice. Had a 5 course dinner in the evening, the food was excellent as was the service, my husband was treated to a rendition of Happy Birthday and given a lovely piece of chocolate cake. So impressed we have already booked for my 70th next April. All this just 45mins from home. The grounds are pretty amazing also especially as we were lucky with the weather.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

Went here today for lunch with my husband and toddler. I have been here several times before and I had my wedding reception in their sister property Lough Rynn. We sat down in the drawing room and a gentleman came over to take our order. Myself and my husband ordered our food and I asked for a small bowl of pasta with a tomato based sauce for my son. I was told that he wasn't sure if he could do that and would I not order a baby bowl instead! I told him that I would like to order pasta as my son is not too fond of baby bowls. He said he would check with the chef. How big of a deal is it to make a small bowl of pasta for a toddler???? We ate our food which was fairly average nothing to write home about. I went to pay the bill at the bar with the same gentleman. He did not present me with a bill but just took my laser card from me and disappeared into a back room with my card and the machine. You NEVER take a customers card away from their view. I was just about to say something to him when he accidentally spilled a drink over a customers suit that was attending a funeral party at the hotel. He barely apologised and handed the gentleman a napkin to clean his suit but no major apology was offered. I was not asked if I enjoyed my meal or thanked for my custom. I was in hotel management for nearly 20 years and I have never seen such unprofessionalism in a property of this caliber. We had looked at this hotel as our wedding venue but chose their sister property because we had a similar experience here before. Shame!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Visited with parents & son (Mother from Leitrim) for afternoon tea. Best thing we did on our trip to Eire. Fantastic atmosphere & décor in 'drawing room'. The Light Afternoon Tea was superb, tea perfect. Very happy & relaxed & would recommend this. Fantastic treat after walking round the building & gardens.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank julesd0607
Reviewed 6 July 2013

I have been to Kilronan serveral times now and I absolutely love this place. This hotel is peaceful and relaxing. The food is great and plenty of options to choose from, however can be a little expensive so I usually opt for the bar food rather than full on restaurant experience. The spa is the nicest I have been too, the pool and thermal suite are to die for!! My only criticism is that on the several occasions that I have booked spa treatments there have been bookings that they did not have recorded, times of treatments taken wrong and on one occasion they did not have a trained staff memeber on duty to carry out a treatment that was booked over a month in advance. But when you get through all the administation issues the experience is fabulous.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Arriving here stressed out wasn't a great start but after walking around the lake and eating afternoon tea I soon destressed considerably. Upon reaching the spa I felt in heaven. One thing, the pools here were very cold, so much so my partner or myself couldn't stay long. Amazing steam room and sauna. Pool was lovely too, although they should push to stop people using cameras in it. It was on the wall but that didn't seem to work and I wasn't happy about that at all.
So they're the two slight negatives, the cameras isn't their fault but they should stop people.
The food is wonderful and I found the waiter very knowledgeable and friendly.
On our second day staying we returned to the spa and I asked a few questions about their products and was given samples. This is the kind of service that gets people coming back, the ladies in the spa really know what they're doing. Rooms were spotless and very comfy.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 July 2013

My husband and I have just had the most amazing experience at Kilronan Castle Hotel & Spa from the genuinely warm & friendly welcome of Sinead, to the beautiful complimentary treats in our amazing suite which had stunning views of the lake and landscape. The spa was outstanding with the best steam room I've seen. The staff in the bar and restaurant were excellent especially Sandy. We thouroughly enjojed our meal and the following morning the chef kindly cooked fresh pancakes at our request. We had such a special time and really appreciated the 5 star treatment from the minute we arrived to the minute we left. We will definately be back. Thanks so much to all the staff at Kilronan Castle for making our experience so special.

Room Tip: Room 117 is gorgeous with superb views.