Kilronan Castle was the second of four castles my husband and I stayed in while touring Ireland in late-May. Our 2-night Kilronan experience was perfect. So perfect that we did not want to leave! We were fortunate enough to have a room in the castle portion of the hotel. An unexpected surprise for us. We had a lovely view overlooking the lake. The breakfast served each morning in the dining room was wonderful. We enjoyed the service of Mary especially. She was so warm and had a welcoming smile for us each time we saw her throughout our stay.
We had planned a day away from the castle for sight-seeing. But, when we saw the spa, the services offered, and the hydrotherapy area, we cancelled our plans and instead, opted for a spa day. No regrets on that decision. My husband enjoyed his hot-stone massage from Amanda. I enjoyed my massage and facial from Geraldine. Absolutely lovely and professional women. We then enjoyed the hydrotherapy wing of the spa. Overall, the spa is first-class, well-designed, and so relaxing. It is one of the best spas we have had the privilege to visit.
We also made the decision to have dinner at the Douglas Hyde restaurant within the castle and have that be our official 10-year anniversary dinner. No regrets on that decision either. Everything we ordered was delicious! The presentation of the dishes was beautiful. Service was personal and attentive. We had a lovely table by the window. When they heard we were celebrating our anniversary, they gave us two glasses of complimentary champagne.
Kilronan Castle should be a must on everyone’s list as a place to stay while visiting Ireland. We can’t recommend it highly enough. They have a gift of making their guests feel like royalty.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilronan Castle is one of Ireland’s most luxurious Castle Hotels in Roscommon Ireland, Kilronan Castle Ireland is the ancestral home of the Tennison family and the legendary Colonel King Tennison. It is one of a few Irish castle estates that can trace its history back to royal families. This secluded, luxury, Roscommon Castle hotel is majestically set on the shores of Lough Meelagh, surrounded by over forty acres of breathtaking Irish scenery, lush green pastures, ancient forests and historical points of interest. Approached by a meandering drive that passes acres of magnificent Roscommon lawns, the luxury Castle hotel overlooks a glistening lake which commands the panoramic beauty of the surrounds. Our World Class Spa & Leisure Centre is now open. Relax and unwind in our Pool or let us pamper you with one of our luxurious treatments. Our commitment is to provide the highest level of luxury, comfort and service. You will enjoy old world elegance with modern day comforts. One step inside Kilronan Castle, Roscommon and you are at home. With our warm and friendly atmosphere we will see to your every need, everything has been designed with your desires in mind. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Booking.com and Hotels.com so you can book your Kilronan Castle Hotel & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilronan Castle Hotel And Spa
- Kilronan Castle Hotel Roscommon
- Kilronan Castle Roscommon