“Beautiful setting”

Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I couldn't believe that I had never heard of Kilronan Castle until a friend recently held her wedding there. It really is a wonderful place to stay. The setting is gorgeous, everything was spotlessly clean, and the staff were very friendly and helpful. It was a great setting for a wedding, The attention to detail was excellent, the food was served promptly, and was piping hot and delicious when it arrived. On leaving, I accidentally left some money behind in my room. I was about 30 minutes away from the hotel when I received a phone call (from Anne I think it might have been) just to let me know that it had been found and to make arrangements for it to be returned to me. I was so impressed with the proactive approach - I thought it was such good customer service. I would definitely recommend Kilronan Castle.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank claire026
There are newer reviews for Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa

Reviewed 30 June 2014

We stayed in Kilronan Castle last October while on a tour of Ireland, this was my favorite stop on the tour. There are pictures throughout the property chronicling the rebirth of this castle from just a few wall to its current state.

Our room was large with an exceptionally comfortable bedding, large bathtub and a separate shower; the view from our room was of the large lake onsite, the food and service was incredible, the grounds were worth the visit alone.

Onsite is a grand ballroom that would be perfect for a wedding, the basement bar was really inviting. Great place if you are in the southern countryside.

The spa was incredible, the large swimming pool is worth a visit

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Dufferme
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed in Kilronan castle for 2 nights in a suite! The room was gorgeous! 4 poster bed, very spacious room, big bathroom with bath and shower! The service was 5 star quality! Restaurant was divine with very professional service! Spa was amazing! Perfect way to end the day! I'm so glad we came to Kilronan castle! It's a trip that we will never forget and most definitely come back!

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Lenkadawson
Reviewed 23 June 2014

I was staying in Kilronan as part of a wedding party and as such stayed a total of three night. On arrive the drive up the the castle was breath taking in itself. The ground are truly beautiful and there is no doubt that you are entering a real castle.

The room was lovely with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept it. What really made this stay for me however was the staff. From the moment I checked in they were above expectation. Helpful to the last, predicting needs I didn't even know I had.

I also tried the thermal suite as there was a good value deal and that was throughout enjoyable also.

Room Tip: The castle is in a quite location but to best enjoy the view you want a room on the outside of the c...
3  Thank Rachael M
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Had a nice stay here for a wedding. The interior was a lovely gothic style. The bedroom was nice but for the price was not worth it. No water in the room, and the room was small. The food was good but at breakfast i had to ask for tea and toast three times. While we did not have a 'do not disturb' sign on door, cleaning staff opened bedroom door while we were in the room. They gave a knock while opening door, surely they should knock and wait for no answer before entering?!

3  Thank Tara B
Reviewed 20 June 2014

The rooms are very clean and good sized. The bed was extremely comfortable, and covered with lots of pillows. The bathroom was spacious and clean as well.

Breakfast in the morning was delicious and filling.

It is a bit out of town, so make sure you get good directions when traveling, but it certainly isn't a bad drive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Jmpst
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Was here recently for a friends wedding. Amazing wedding, super professional staff. Castle it self was great, very comfortable beds. Breakfast was very tasty. Dinner menu is limited & expensive but expected I guess.

The Spa was a bit of a let down, having paid so much to stay in the castle then having to pay the 30euro extra for both of us to use the thermal spa was a bit much considering some of the spa areas didn't work(pressed buttons but nothing happened)

Location is in the middle of now where but thats the fun of it. Lovely walks around the very large grounds

3  Thank Simon M
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ballyfarnon
Lough Allen Hotel & Spa
The Glasshouse
The Glasshouse
#5 of 8 in Sligo
Radisson Blu Hotel & Spa, Sligo

Been to Kilronan Castle Estate & Spa? Share your experiences!