“Go Somewhere Else”

Cuisines: Barbecue
Fairview Heights, Illinois
“Go Somewhere Else”
Reviewed 6 May 2014

To say I was disappointed in the BBQ is an understatement. I ordered a sampler platter which enabled me to taste the ribs, pulled pork, and beef. The ribs were not baby backs and while tender they were served drenched in sauce. Have you heard of dry rub? The pulled pork was drenched in sauce. Again, hard to taste any dry rub. I think I could do better putting a rub on a pork butt and cooking in a crock pot. When I order beef at a BBQ place! I expect brisquet. That is not the case here. This beef was like a beef roast cooked in a pot of sauce. I could not finish it. Slaw and beans were good. Last, I know a lot of BBQ places are not noted for decor but this place does not have air conditioning.

• Visited May 2014

Collinsville, Illinois
“Excellent ”
Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

My search is over after discovering Smoke Pit! The BBQ here is the best I've ever had. And I've had them all. This beats KC, Memphis, Texas (yawn) and Carolina.
Looking forward to many happy returns!

Maryville, Illinois
“amazing bbq”
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I wouldn't recommend dining in during the months of July or August because they either have covered outdoor seating or a few indoor seats in a bbq restaurant that doesn't have central air. It gets HOT in there! I feel bad for the cooks. That being said, the actual food is amazing. The pulled pork sandwich is fantastic. Why drive over to St Louis when we have fantastic bbq 5 minutes away? My husband and I get this for a solid to-go meal every once and awhile & we're never disappointed.

Visited July 2013
Terre Haute, Indiana
“Fantastic!”
Reviewed 6 June 2013

Best beans this side of the country. Fast and courteous. Price was just right. You'll feel like you're down south on someone's front porch! Loved it!

Visited June 2013
St. Louis
“Greatest BBQ of all time.”
Reviewed 18 December 2009

I lived in Memphis TN for 7 years, attended "The World BBQ Contest" every year. Had some fantastic BBQ there, so I know The Real Deal. This place would be in the top 3 or 4 of all world competitors, if they bothered to compete. No other place within 300 miles can touch them. Get the 1 and 1/2 pound pork steak and a side of ribs for a complete BBQ experience. Also, good value compared to other BBQ joints, ample portions for the price. Good side dishes as well, recommend the cole slaw, potato salad, and home made yeast dinner rolls.