“Best stay across the Mississippi from St. Louis”

Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Baton Rouge, LA
“Best stay across the Mississippi from St. Louis”
Reviewed 23 August 2012

I've been in this hotel on business for about 3 months now. The hotel is clean, luxurious, and has as friendly a staff as I've been with. Great restaurant, and has wonderful comfortable beds! Collinsville is near St. Louis and I can see downtown and the arch.

Room Tip: As for the view of downtown St. Louis and the arch.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Scott M
scutler32, General Manager at Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your stay at the Doubletree by Hilton Collinsville. We appreciate all the kind words and I will make sure our entire team sees your comments.

We look forward to have you stay with us again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (52)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 21 August 2012

The hotel was very clean and inviting. We got warm cookies on check in, mmmmm, they were delicious. We stayed for two days and it was a great stay for the money. I did have one issue, we arrived on friday at about 4pm the drive in was about 5 hrs and we immediatly went to work so I drank the in room coffee, I went to the front desk to ask about having it replaced in my room and was told by the attendant, Ricardo, that they serve coffee in the morning so I really did not need it replaced. Other than that it was a great stay.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
scutler32, General Manager at Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis, responded to this review, 22 August 2012
Thank you for your great comments regarding your recent stay with us. I do apologize how Ricarod responded to you and I assure you it will be addressed. Again thank you for taking to the time to post your review.
Murphysboro, Illinois
Reviewed 16 August 2012

First I must say that the staff throughout the hotel was friendly and helpful all of the time. Upon initial arrival I noted that the hotel had a musty odor. This was not the pool odor that some may think but definite musty odor. The carpets in the hallways were filthy and throughout the halls over the time of my stay (4 nights) no one ever seemed to check the halls for food/trash/laundry.

The size of the room was reasonable (queen double) although most of the fixtures were damaged or cracked. I was able to tell that the last renter of the room had very long dark hair. I could also tell that they ate pizza prior to adjusting the temperature.

The thermostat was not the easiest to get used to. You either froze or burned up. There were no extra blankets in the closet. No TV channel guide and very few "extras." There was free wifi that was reasonably fast. I would also suggest that you avoid the hotel restaurant "Porters" as well, that is the subject of a different review. The bar in the hotel was not bad for a hotel bar, some of the decoration are very nice. Overall I would not recommend this hotel over some of the others immediately nearby.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank drugcop4
scutler32, General Manager at Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis, responded to this review, 20 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to write and post your comments regarding your most recent stay. I truly apologize and assure you that all of your comments will be addressed. I would love for you to call me to discuss your issues with Porter's restaurant. Again thank you for your time
Clarksville, Indiana
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Friendly staff, but as another reviewer stated, door didn't properly close, had to forcefully pull it.
Found door not fully closed after beds made. Late at night, wife left room to go to room kids were in when someone came in and stole cash and debit cards from wallet.
People up throughout night wandering halls, including when I went at 3:30 am to report to front desk and meet police, no security in halls.
Dishes lined halls for 24 hrs on Saturday during stay despite having 24 hour housekeeping - they were still ther when we left Sunday. .

1 Thank william d
scutler32, General Manager at Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis, responded to this review, 15 August 2012
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We apologize that we did not meet your expectations and have addressed the dishes with the staff. Regarding people throughout the hotel at all hours - it is a hotel and we have guest that do work all hours of the day and night so you will see people constantly moving about. Again thank you for your comments.
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 8 August 2012

We stayed here several nights. The staff was friendly; the bed comfortable; the room clean and quiet, except for noisy air conditioners. This place might be fine for business but was not great for a family group. There is no free breakfast, refrigerator, or microwave. The restaurant serves breakfast but is too expensive and formal for quick family meals before leaving for the day. The small shop had cereal but no milk. There were problems with the showers and drains in both rooms we used. The staff did respond and fix these but it was annoying the first night to have a cold shower and slow drain.

1 Thank NancyM45
scutler32, General Manager at Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis, responded to this review, 10 August 2012
Thank your for your review and comments about our hotel. We have discussed your concerns with the staff so that we can avoid these issues prior to check in. I understand your concerns regarding amenties. I do apologize that we were unable to meet all of you needs during your stay. Again thank you for your comments.
Fort Worth, Texas
Reviewed 8 August 2012

The good: The desk clerk who checked us in was very pleasant, welcoming and professional. The fresh, warm chocolate chip cookies at check-in were a nice touch – such a yummy sugar rush after such a long day of traveling! Parking was ample and the parking lot was well lit. The bed, bedding and pillows were very comfortable. The water pressure in the shower was better than average. The fitness center was well equipped and spacious. The inner courtyard was a relaxing space to enjoy an evening cocktail and my morning tea. The lobby bar had a decent selection of scotch and the service was prompt and friendly. The hot breakfast buffet was well worth what we paid. The food was tasty and the bacon was actually crispy.
The not so good: The room was a little humid; probably in part due to the fact that the bathroom fan was not working. The lamps in the room were dusty and the countertop in the bathroom did not appear to have been thoroughly cleaned. There were no bathrobes available for guests (in fairness, I am not sure if that is the norm at Doubletree.) Also, the lobster bisque that we ordered in the lobby bar was not very good, but the bread that came with it was enjoyable – so that was kind of a wash.
Overall, we had had a very good experience at this hotel and it was a good value compared to other hotels in the area. If there had been a bit more attention to detail from housekeeping, I probably would have rated this hotel five stars instead of four.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank oregonme
Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. This was very informative. I have passed your comments on to the team focusing on housekeeping and the kitchen. Thank you again and we loved how you broke everything down. We look forward to your next visit with us.
Santa Claus, Indiana
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Booked this hotel on an outside website and got a great deal for two nights. It is a 10 minute drive to Downtown St. Louis. We were in town this weekend for a couple of Cardinal Games.

The hotel is very nice! Has a very nice pool, restaurant, lobby, and free wifi. My wife and I did not use the restaurant, although it looked very good.

Hotel and room was very clean. The only thing that was kind of scary about the hotel was the elevator. We used it the first day, and it made a very loud screaching noise. The next morning we got on the elevator and the doors shut. We sat there about 4 minutes thinking we were stuck and then the doors opened on the same floor again, so we got out and vowed never to use that elevator again.

The property has been kept up very nicely and is close to lots of decent restaurants.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple