“Too hot for comfort”

Doubletree Collinsville/St. Louis
Ranked #2 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Nice hotel but we had trouble regulating the heat/cool. Had to call at 3am to get someone to look at it. They did come right away. Did not think he could fix it but incidentally did and brought us a fan in the interim. Also they did not offer a discount for college families. All other Hilton Hotels in the area do but this one did not. Shame on you.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton
Write a ReviewReviews (1,009)

Reviewed 24 October 2013

The service was very good. I had a problem with a pet having in the room before us --- not the motel's fault, but I'm highly allergic to dogs and cats and you cannot prevent people sneaking in their pets. However, we were moved to another room. An employee helped us move and also got me a soda pop to help clear my breathing passages. Another thing, the fire alarm went off early Saturday morning and the crew at the motel handeled the situation effiecently and carefully. Very good. My only complaint was that the toilet was not clean. The bowl was clean, but around the outside and the back it was VERY dirty. Sitting in the tub it was very noticable.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Everything was great, the only thing missing is a microwave and refrigerator in the room. The hotel is really upscale at a reasonable price. I will be staying here again.The only thing missing is a breakfast bar, but the hotel has a wonderful restaurant. Entering the hotel it feels like a wonderful place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I was having a pretty good week and each evening I do not get back to my Hotel until late 9:30 to 11:00 pm.......I believe it was Wednesday evening I got back to my Hotel to find my Door had been open (ajar) all day, but someone, I am assuming housekeeping. I was extremely leary to even walk in my room, not knowing who might be in there. I approached my room and seen no one was in there, and then I immediately went down stairs and told the front desk. THey told me they would address it and they gave me a copuple free breakfast coupons. Needless to say I was not very Happy and this is not the first issue I have had staying at this double tree.

Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stayed at this hotel with about 10 other families for a track meet. The positive attributes about the hotel is the location (close to restaurants, shopping and Walmart). The lobby is large with nice furniture and televisions and the cookies are good (according to my husband); they contain walnuts, which myself and sons are allergic to.
When we arrived, we could not check in until around 5:30pm, so we hung out in the lobby and that is why I know that area well. The rooms are a little worn down and there is only ONE washer and ONE dryer in the entire hotel, which if you are staying for a week, it becomes overly crowded.
The cleaning staff was TERRIBLE. We have left by 7am in the morning on several days, and when we returned by the end of the day, our room has not been cleaned. We often called the front desk to complain, and they would just send us fresh towels. On vacation, I often made our beds because we were too tired to wait on someone to clean the room AFTER BEING AT A TRACK MEET ALL DAY. A few days, we asked for the room to be cleaned and we had to go and wait in the lobby AND wait for someone to "clean" the room. I put clean in quotation marks because they did not change the sheets or make the beds, just pull the covers over the bed (like my 8 year old does when he "makes" his bed). The ladies who cleaned were often on the phone and gave us MAJOR attitude if we dare to disturb them and ask for anything.... we are interrupting their phone call to their friends. The complaint was consistent by ALL of the members from out track team. One of the families had change taken out of their room (that they intended to use for the washer/dryer). The front desk gave them more change, but we could not believe it. That week was my sons birthday, so we gave him his gifts at the hotel (which were target and iTunes, play store gift cards; over $150). He put them on the dresser next to his bed. I never thought anything else about them, thinking he had put them up (but he is only 8). When we got to the airport, he said he could not find them. I was thinking, there is no way someone took them from the hotel room, so being positive, I said, lets wait until we get home and unpack. We could not find any of the gift cards, and since we had checked out and do not know exactly when they were stolen, we did not report this incident to the hotel. On the last two nights, a family reunion checked in and they were so loud and even had a fight in the hallway. When I called the front desk, I was told, it was nothing they can do but ask them to be quiet. I said it is 2am, you should be able to do something!!! It rained a few days that week, and the bottom floor was flooded in many parts of the hotel. But, if I am ever in this area, I will NEVER stay there again.

Room Tip: Do not stay on the first floor if it is raining....you can smell the mildew.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Shawn J
Reviewed 19 October 2013

It was a great hotel! I enjoyed it very much! The staff was friendly and welcoming. The food was really nice, I enjoyed the yumminess of it all!!! Used the business center, and it was really nice also. Was able to do the work I couldn't get done on my Ipad on the desk top there.

Reviewed 17 October 2013

When I arrived I was tired, cookie was great. The next morning I got up and found I had no shower curtain. I took a bath, with a bad back it was not fun. I went down to front desk and asked if i could get a shower curtain. Manager wrote it down. i came back the next day and no shower curtain and my coffee supplies were not refill. trash was left out, but to my surprize the shower and tub were sparkling clean. I called the front desk and told them I still do not have a shower curtain. it took 30 minutes for someone to come up and put one in. The rest of my stay the tv channel was always changed and my coffee supplies only were refilled once in 5 nights stay.