“Good overnight stop”

Ranked #7 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Maryland
“Good overnight stop”
Reviewed 27 August 2012 via mobile

Our large group stayed here two separate occasions. The double rooms were spacious and clean. We did not use the pool. the location is convenient to many restaurants and they are within walking distance of the hotel. Staff was friendly and helpful. A cot was promptly supplied if or both visits. The female night manager got the complementary breakfast out for us in time for our 4:00 am departure. I think that is terrific customer service!

Greata room for the price.

Stayed August 2012

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Dayton, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2012

This was our first stop on a week-long vacation and while it wasn't horrible, it wasn't all that great. Room was clean, but there were only 2 towels in the room for 3 people. The pool area was pretty disappointing. The pool itself was very small, and the water was murky. The smell of chlorine was pretty overpowering (like they were trying to shock the pool or some such). The area around the pool was EXTREMELY slick (just straight tile no grips or anything). It was pretty pricey I think ($70+ for the night including taxes). If we ever stay in the area again, I think I'll try another hotel.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 16 August 2012

This is a great little hotel with fine access to local attractions and eateries. I had no trouble at all, and the staff was prompt and courteous. For the price, that's saying a lot! If I had to choose between this hotel and the Palmer House Hilton in Chicago, I would take Days Inn Collinsville in a heartbeat.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I booked this hotel to break up a long drive that I was making with my two young children. Someone recommended a much higher priced hotel in the same area, but I couldn't justify the price, so I decided to chance a cheaper hotel in the same area. I thought the hotel was just fine for what we needed, but nothing special. It does have an indoor pool, which I felt was a little small. Also, I hate hate hate the floors in the pool area because they get very slippery, but that seems to be a feature of this chain. My three year old slipped on the tile and fell onto his back but was not hurt. I felt that the pool could also stand to be drained and scrubbed, but it wasn't dirty to where you couldn't swim in it.

Our rooms (we stayed two separate days, one coming, one going home) were king rooms each time. They were standard hotel rooms that really didn't stand out in any way. There was a couch and table in each room which was nice because we could sit and eat our pizza there. The rooms were clean and the beds were comfortable. The channel lists could stand to be updated for the TVs also, and it would be so nice to have a 24 hour cartoon channel for the young kids, or at least DVD players in the room. DVD players may be available on request, but I did not ask.

There are plenty of restaurants in the area too, and places that deliver, though the front desk doesn't have any menus (or at least that is what the desk clerk told me). The parking lot is safe and well lit. The air conditioner in our first room got way too cold even on the lowest setting, and the cycling on and off was a bit loud. The refrigerator in our second room was ancient and would make a very loud click sound whenever it went through its cycles, which was REALLY annoying through the night.

As for the service, it wasn't anything stellar. The clerk on the first night we checked in was not overly friendly or attentive. She asked me twice if I wanted one key or two, and though I said one and I was the only person above the age of 5 in our party, (which was also listed on our reservation) she still gave me two. She also told me our room was at the opposite end of the hall from what it was. The clerk on the second night we stayed was much friendlier and more helpful. He managed to correctly direct us to our room, checked to see if we were above anyone (since we were staying on the third floor), and was quick with the check in process-a definite plus when traveling with a 3 and 5 year old who had been in the car for 5 hours. Our encounters with other staff members were minimal, but all were friendly.
Overall, the hotel was just okay for the price. I just needed a place to sleep and swim, and it did the job. It was clean enough and everything was in working order. If I make this trip again, I would consider staying here if I'm on a budget. If not, I would probably spend an extra $20/night to try out a different hotel in the area.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Raleigh, North Carolina
Reviewed 11 August 2012

Since many chain motels leave a lot to be desired, we were pleasantly surprised and delighted with this hotel. Our room was immaculately clean. We had no complaints at all. It was intriguing the way the room was painted with different colors which made the room look really spacious when in fact, it was already a very large room. There was a nice desk for the computer and free wi-fi, relaxing recliner chair, a little sofa, and a coffee table. Everything we could possibly need was in this room, included big flat screen TV, iron, ironing board, hair dryer. Lacked nothing. The staff was also very friendly. The breakfast area was also very clean and well stocked. Also, this hotel is very convenient to St. Louis and with less traffic. We enjoyed our stay here in Collinsville's Days Inn and would be happy to stay here anytime we happen to be in the area.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank bstrjh
benton wi
Reviewed 30 July 2012

They are all very friendly and willing to help you from the front desk staff to the housekeeping personnel. Every time we came or left the motel they were more than friendly to us. Rates were good. The room was clean,neat, and kept up. I would definately stay here again if i was to visit the St.Louis area again.Kerrall at the front desk was so nice and as well as the night shift staff. Hard to find motels like this one and for the price you won't.

Room Tip: Look at your room before you rent them to make sure that you are gonna be happy with the room. The s...