“Great Hotel”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
USA
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 15 May 2008

We were house hunting in the area and stayed at the Hampton Inn in Collinsville. Everything was as you would hope to find at a good hotel. Friendly and knowledgeable staff. Rooms were clean quiet and of good size. Hot water was available at all times (even during the morning shower rush). There was decent coffee available 24 hours a day and they did a very good free breakfast.

They had wireless internet that worked well except on one night...I checked with the desk clerk and they already had someone working on the problem (it came back up within half an hour). There is also a desktop computer available with printer. This came in handy when I needed to print off some paper work.

The hotel is just off Interstate I-55 but is far enough away so there is no road noise. There are numerous restaurants within a half mile (three right next to the hotel).

They had a pool and small work out room...both were well maintained.

And for all you nonsmokers; The smoker rooms are on a separate floor from the nonsmoking rooms....This keeps the smoke stench on their floor and hallway and not on yours.

I would definitely stay here again

• Liked — Well maintained hotel and friendly staff
  • Disliked — A minor point....microwave in the room or on each floor would be nice
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Lansing, Illinois
Reviewed 4 May 2008

We stopped one night on the way to the Ozarks and booked another night on our way back home. Both stays were perfect. The rooms were exceptionally clean and comfortable. The smiles and service were constant and sincere. The free breakfast was warm and all items were fresh and well presented. We would not consider anywhere else in the area.

• Liked — cleanliness and friendly staff
  • Disliked — No complaints
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
Nekoosa, Wi
Reviewed 7 April 2008

We were looking for a nice hotel outside the St Louis area on our way back from vacation and booked the Hampton based on the reviews and Hampton's reputation. We were not disappointed, the location was ideal, just off I55 north of St Louis. At night it might be a little tricky finding the access road to the hotel but with our GPS it was easy. The staff was friendly and checkin and checkout went smoothly. The room was very clean which is very important to us regardless of everything else. I don't know if this is new to Hamptons or not but at each Hampton that we stayed at during our trip the comforter is enclosed within a cover. This makes me think that the cover is changed and cleaned after each guest departs therefore each guest has a clean comforter and doesn't have to worry about an unclean bedspread. They have wireless internet and the normal Hampton breakfast in the morning, rolls, sausage, waffles, cereal, yogart, fruit, etc. I would definitely stay again.

• Liked — cleanliness
  • Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
wi
Reviewed 29 February 2008

I stayed one night at this hotel while I was in the area for a concert at the Pageant in nearby St. Louis, Missouri. I paid around $80 after taxes (AAA rate) on a Saturday night. Check in was quick and easy, the front desk lady was extremely nice and welcoming. The rooms were fantastic. Hampton Inn has the most comfortable beds I've slept in. It was a nice, large king bed with cozy sheets. I also took advantage of the free high-speed internet access in the room, which was also nice. Check out was quick and although we didn't take advantage of the continental breakfast, it looked quite good.
Additionally, it was a short, 15 minute drive into St. Louis, which worked out well. I would definitely stay here again if in the area.
There is a Bob Evans restaurant across the street from the hotel which is a must stop if you love tasty breakfast!

• Liked — The beds, and friendly service.
  • Disliked — Nothing
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank cubsfan72
chicago area
Reviewed 5 April 2007

My two co-workers and I had to teach a class in Fairmont City, Illinois. The two co-workers had stayed at a Hampton Inn, the previous weekend, so I did a search for one, on this trip. When we arrived, the clerk at the front desk (Devon) was extremely friendly and helpful. We checked into our rooms and all the rooms were clean and attractive. The rooms were nice and large and they had the new beds and bedding in them. Very comfortable. All three of us made use of the free, high speed internet service. The free hot breakfast was average but the attendant kept the counters and tables very clean and checked to make sure that everything was thoroughly stocked. I enjoyed the free coffee and hot chocolate, 24 hours. We stayed two nights and enjoyed both of them. Our bills was perfect and check-out was a breeze. All the staff was friendly and courteous. I would definitely recommend staying in this hotel and I'll be sure to go back, next time I'm in the area.

• Stayed April 2007, travelled on business