“Hampton = Consistency, plus important note for CPAP users”

Hampton Inn Collinsville
Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed 9 July 2013

If you look at my reviews, you know I like Hampton Inns. I can always count on excellent service, super-clean rooms, a great free breakfast. This Hampton is a very conveniently located adjacent to I-55/I-70, and minutes from St. Louis. Stay here, save money, and enjoy the Gateway City.

But I noticed one very, very important thing on this visit to the Hampton Inn Collinsville, and I hope it is something that Hampton has done chain-wide. We had a king room, and there was a nightstand on each side. Each nightstand had three easily accessible oiwer outlets. I use a CPAP machine, and so does my husband. Having a outlet right there was a welcome convenience. I cannot tell you how many times I have been frustrated trying to dig around behind a nightstand to find an outlet, and even then possible having to unplug something else to connect my CPAP.

Hooray, Hampton! THANK YOU for making a good night's sleep even better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlp53
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Collinsville

Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 6 years. The staff is excellent. Donna at the front desk was extremely helpful and gave us our night free. Beware of the outside flood lights, they shown in our room all night long, the curtain was not wide enough for the window. If we had some duct tape we could have taped the curtain shut. Needless to say, little sleep that night. Thank you for standing behind your guarantee of 100% satisfaction.

Clean hotel but is starting to show some age. Our only problem with this hotel is whenever we stay on the 3rd floor there is a odor of cigarette smoke in the rooms. Also walking outside the front door we were overcome with smoke, but that is not the hotel's fault. Wish people would not smoke at the front doors. We have stayed on different floors before so the next time we will request a lower level.

Breakfast is the typical fare for this chain. The hotel was packed and the breakfast lady did her best to keep things filled and tables clean, with a smile on her face the whole time.

We stay here because of the easy location to get to Busch Stadium. It is an easy drive into St. Louis. The staff has always been extremely friendly and will always say hello to you. If you are not looking for the Ritz, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level room to avoid cigarette smoke smell and also a room that is not over an outdoo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mom1958
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

While on a weekend getaway to St. Louis we decided to find a hotel when we got there. We chose this because it was right outside of the city and a nice area. All they had left was a suite, but we were ok with that and they gave us a fair price. Very large and clean. Staff was very friendly and continental breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stay at Hamptons across the country and this one is the lower tier in quality and decor. It's "tired" and dated - not to the standards we are used to with Hamptons. A remodel is due. That said, the price was cheaper and staff very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was traveling along the Mississippi and this was a good place to stop for the night. It was easy to find, being right off the interstate.

It's a typical Hampton. Staff was friendly. Bed comfortable. Breakfast wasn't the greatest, so I booked a different hotel for my return trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 June 2013

This Hampton was nice enough. It was comfortable and conveniently located outside of St. Louis and beyond the city traffic snarl. It's in a cluster of hotels and restaurants, so the highlight of the evening was the Ruby Tuesday's across the street. There isn't anything about the hotel to really rave about, but no big complaints either.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 June 2013

I had three suites prepaid for a week each. None of the bathrooms were very clean. In one room, a hairball came shooting out of one of the whirlpool jets. Very noisy parties were a problem in overhead rooms. I personally attended the Breakfast twice...First day had little choice, mushy stale tasting fruit, etc. Second time had less selection, and same fruit, so rest of week, I did not go back for breakfast. If you want a waffle or just coffee or juice for breakfast then you will be satisfied with the choices available. The guests in one of our rooms, (the one with the hairball and noise problem), said the mattress was great and got good sleep. My wife and I on the other hand had a very lumpy mattress and neither of us slept very well. On the plus side, the Hampton Inns' location, parking, access, size of rooms, and ammenities, etc. were great. The staff was friendly, and public areas were clean. Security was good also. As I stated, I booked three suites for a week, and prepaid them. I was to have gotten credited back for two days, and here it is two weeks later, and still nothing.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton