“Good Stay”

Hampton Inn Collinsville
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed 22 July 2013

We had a good experience in this hotel. The rooms were clean, breakfast was nice, and it was an easy drive to St Louis. The only complaint I have about the room we had was the air conditioner didn't run constantly which is a must for me. By the 2nd or 3rd night the maintenance changed it for me, so I was happier. We didn't have a fridge in our room, but we didn't request one when we booked the room (I assumed it would have one, but not a biggie.) Overall the stay was great. My mom had a few problems with a rude staff member, but the next night we were there he was better. The thing that really stands out in my mind though is the cleaning staff. The young lady we had make up our room in the mornings went above and beyond. She made up my little blow up mattress, which I found exceptional. We would definitely stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 10 July 2013

Nice hotel with average rooms. The bed is a bit lumpy and the pillows are lacking in comfort and you can hear footsteps in the room above you (so book a room on the top floor), however, the hotel was very clean with pleasant staff. There is a pool and decent workout room. Free breakfast was outstanding. Hot waffles, eggs, fresh fruit and yogurt, etc. The best part of the hotel is the free coffee bar that offers fresh coffee 24 hours a day. Free mints too! There are many places to chose from for food in the area and the World's Largest Catsup Bottle is located 5 minutes from the hotel. Fairmount Park is located about 5 minutes away as well and downtown St. Louis is only a 10 minute drive. There is a Walgreens and Walmart located nearby, in case you need to pick something up last minute. There are many hotels in the area to choose from including, a Double Tree (same hotel chain) down the street where you can stay for $10 more a night and has more amenities. I would try to reserve that for any return trip I might take back to the St. Louis area since it is ranked #1 on Trip Advisor, but the Hampton Inn is a good, decent place to stay, none the less.

Room Tip: Book a room on the top floor to avoid hearing footsteps above you all night long!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 July 2013

If you look at my reviews, you know I like Hampton Inns. I can always count on excellent service, super-clean rooms, a great free breakfast. This Hampton is a very conveniently located adjacent to I-55/I-70, and minutes from St. Louis. Stay here, save money, and enjoy the Gateway City.

But I noticed one very, very important thing on this visit to the Hampton Inn Collinsville, and I hope it is something that Hampton has done chain-wide. We had a king room, and there was a nightstand on each side. Each nightstand had three easily accessible oiwer outlets. I use a CPAP machine, and so does my husband. Having a outlet right there was a welcome convenience. I cannot tell you how many times I have been frustrated trying to dig around behind a nightstand to find an outlet, and even then possible having to unplug something else to connect my CPAP.

Hooray, Hampton! THANK YOU for making a good night's sleep even better.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dlp53
Reviewed 8 July 2013

We have stayed at this hotel several times over the last 6 years. The staff is excellent. Donna at the front desk was extremely helpful and gave us our night free. Beware of the outside flood lights, they shown in our room all night long, the curtain was not wide enough for the window. If we had some duct tape we could have taped the curtain shut. Needless to say, little sleep that night. Thank you for standing behind your guarantee of 100% satisfaction.

Clean hotel but is starting to show some age. Our only problem with this hotel is whenever we stay on the 3rd floor there is a odor of cigarette smoke in the rooms. Also walking outside the front door we were overcome with smoke, but that is not the hotel's fault. Wish people would not smoke at the front doors. We have stayed on different floors before so the next time we will request a lower level.

Breakfast is the typical fare for this chain. The hotel was packed and the breakfast lady did her best to keep things filled and tables clean, with a smile on her face the whole time.

We stay here because of the easy location to get to Busch Stadium. It is an easy drive into St. Louis. The staff has always been extremely friendly and will always say hello to you. If you are not looking for the Ritz, I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a lower level room to avoid cigarette smoke smell and also a room that is not over an outdoo...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank mom1958
Reviewed 8 July 2013 via mobile

While on a weekend getaway to St. Louis we decided to find a hotel when we got there. We chose this because it was right outside of the city and a nice area. All they had left was a suite, but we were ok with that and they gave us a fair price. Very large and clean. Staff was very friendly and continental breakfast was a plus.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 7 July 2013 via mobile

We stay at Hamptons across the country and this one is the lower tier in quality and decor. It's "tired" and dated - not to the standards we are used to with Hamptons. A remodel is due. That said, the price was cheaper and staff very nice.

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 30 June 2013

I was traveling along the Mississippi and this was a good place to stop for the night. It was easy to find, being right off the interstate.

It's a typical Hampton. Staff was friendly. Bed comfortable. Breakfast wasn't the greatest, so I booked a different hotel for my return trip.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends