“Wonderful Staff Goes Above and Beyond!”

Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Tulsa, Oklahoma
“Wonderful Staff Goes Above and Beyond!”
Reviewed 27 August 2012

My mother and I stayed at the Drury Inn in Collinsville, IL the night of August 21, 2012. We checked in around 8pm, and check-in went smoothly. Our room was clean and comfortable, and the bed was fantastic! The hotel is located just off I-55, within walking distance of several restaurants. A free breakfast is served, with a wide arrange of choices-not your usual "continental breakfast." Despite the hotel's close proximity to I-55, we did not experience traffic noise in our room.

What really makes this property a stand-out is the staff. I had a broken ankle, making it very difficult to move more than a few feet on my own. My mother is 80 years old and uses a walker due to her mobility challenges. The morning we checked out Mother went to the breakfast area and asked if she could bring a plate of food back to our room. The staff said, "No, why don't we bring breakfast to your room for you?" Which they did-my mother and I had plates brimming full of food brought to our room! And the staff person refused to take a tip when my mother offered money for their service.

The Drury Inn may not be fancy, and some snobs might call it "outdated," but it is comfortable and has a wonderful staff that will go out of their way to help their guests.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
Starkville, Mississippi
Reviewed 14 August 2012

I didn't actually get to stay at this hotel, but stopped there in search of a room. It had been a long night, I was exhausted, and I didn't know the area--at all. The woman at the front desk went above and beyond the call of duty (can't remember her name!). She very patiently helped me contact other area hotels, including ones even 30 minutes away. Thanks to whoever was on duty at 2am on July 22 (or Saturday night, July 21)! I have never stayed in a Drury Inn before, but I will definitely make it a point to do so if all of the employees are as helpful as you were!

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

The staff was awesome....would give 5 stars for service. The property is outdated which I expected. No minibar and no room service is a bummer. If you don't mind eating hot dogs and nachos for dinner, the happy hour food will feed you for free. The breakfast is great. Love the free Internet. Pool was fun (indoor). Perfect for a family!

• Stayed July 2012
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 22 June 2012

Got tickets to a Cardinal game on short notice and got a room at the Drury. The staff could not have been friendlier and check in was a breeze. The next morning the complimentary breakfast far exceeded our expectations with more friendly staff (where do they find these people to be so cheerful serving food early in the morning)? The room was clean and the bathroom spotless, and I am a stickler on clean hotel bathrooms. We will be back.

Room Tip: Get a westward facing room. The other side borders Interstate 55.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank NPeach
Lowell, Arkansas
Reviewed 17 June 2012

The room had a great bed and the very complete breakfast was excellent. The room was quiet even though the hotel was located on a busy street adjacent to I-55. The bathroom floor is highly polished and one needs to keep a towel on the floor to avoid a fall.I like this chain very much and am sorry it is primarily in the mid-central US only.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Mount Airy, North Carolina
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Very unfriendly and unhelpful staff. When we asked for assistance, we felt like we were putting them out. We called the front desk during our second night ((after 11 PM) and complained about the smell of "illegal smokes" and about the noise coming from the room across the hall. Although the clerk said: thanks for letting us know, nothing was done. The noise continued until after 1 AM and the smell didn't go away either.
The bathrooms are the smallest I have seen yet. There was hardly any counterspace around the sink for our toiletries. The internet signal was very low which made it hard to do much on the computer. Also did not care for the frige and microwave in that low cabinet. I had to get on my knees to get in there, which is very difficult for me with a bad knee; and nearly impossible for my husband with a fused spine.
Sorry but we won't be staying there again.
I will say this: the grounds, lobby, and rooms were spotless. We also liked the fact that there are two restaurants right next door. Despite the close proximity to the highway, we didn hear any highway noise.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
, General Manager at Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
Thank you for your feedback regarding our hotel. I apologize for your service opportunity with our team. We strive to make every guest feel at home and to provide exceptional service. Your comments will helps us get better at serving our guests. Your comments regarding our amenities will also be looked at and addressed. We hope that you will try Drury Hotels in the future.
Perrysville, Ohio
Reviewed 8 June 2012

The hotel itself was OK. THe floors in the bathrooms are highly polished marble. I stepped put of the tub/shower onto the bath mat and it slid causing me to fall. Help could not get to me because the door would hit me when it was being opened. Drury Inns attitude-not our problem. Several people in our group agreed how slippery the bathroom floors are when wet, they luckily caught themselves before hitting the floor.

Room Tip: there is a highway running along the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank jailnurzOH
, Manager at Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville, responded to this review, 26 June 2012
We appreciate your feedback. Our team strives to be attentive to all of our guests needs. Please, know that we take any type of fall very seriously. Drury Hotels goes to significant measures to ensure that injuries reported are followed up with and taken care of accordingly. I apologize if you feel that we didn't do that for you.