“Wonderful”

Drury Inn St Louis Collinsville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Collinsville
Reviewed 28 August 2014

My sister & I stayed here for 4 nights and had a wonderful time. Employees were the friendliest we have ever encountered. Not only were the clerks at the desk cheerful and talkative, but almost every employee we met in the halls would stop and ask if there was anything we needed. The free hot breakfasts were sensational and the free evening food selection was great. Getting 3 free drinks with the evening meal was a nice perk. Our room was somewhat small but well laid out so not inconvenient. My sister especially liked the "rain" shower head. Overall this was the best motel we had during this trip and past ones. Congratulations Drury Inn for doing a tremendous job of hospitality!

1  Thank Marilyn H

Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stopped at this establishment on our way across the country during our move. We did not have a reservation in place and were very fortunate to get a room here. I appreciate the efforts of the front desk clerk, who shall remain nameless because I cannot remember it. Two things bugged me about this stay - One, the beds were doubles. I didn't realize that Drury had rooms with double beds. They seemed small, but it worked. I might have been able to request a room with larger beds, but my fatigue affected my decision. The other issue I had was with the bathroom - there was a door between the sink area and the shower/toilet area, which made the shower area cramped. I wondered why they designed the room this way, but I am sure that they had their reasons. Otherwise, this was a typical, high quality, Drury experience. The breakfast was great and everything in the room was quality.

1  Thank sgfsutton
Reviewed 14 August 2014

With a meeting in the neighborhood, I had a choice of properties to stay at. A quick review of web sites suggested the Drury Inn. It is located right off the interstate and a short distance from the convention center. A Bob Evans is right next door.

We checked in and the desk clerk was very nice -- more than just friendly. We got an upper level room as requested. The room was completely prepped and very clean. The only slight defect was a worn carpet near the door. The room was quiet, had many amenities and the temperature was good.

They provide an extensive breakfast each day and have plenty of personnel to assist. The room can get full, but they allow you to sit in the meeting room. You can save money and have dinner as well - hot dogs, mac n cheese, etc.

Parking was good all around the hotel and they make a issue of parties -- they are not allowed. Want a good night's sleep, free breakfast and great service? Stay here!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Railhistoryfan
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We had a great stay at Drury Inn in Collinsville, IL. We stayed there so we could go to the St Louis Cardinals. The manager, Jeff Twardowski, was excellent. He was very helpful telling us about the Cardinals stadium, etc. While we were eating breakfast the next morning, he was a "hands on" manager - emptying the trash and also helping to refill the breakfast food on the bar. The night before, we saw him sweeping up popcorn that people had dropped. We are never disappointed when we stay at a Drury Inn. Well worth the money - with your hotel stay you get - supper and breakfast! What a deal! I would pick Drury Inn every time, if my husband would let me. lol

Room Tip: They are all good! We always get a king bed!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Vicki H
Reviewed 2 August 2014

We arrived weary from a long drive, the hotel was conveniently located, and we were greeted by a friendly helpful staff. The free dinner buffet was being served, not the greatest food, but you can't beat free. They give each adult 3 free alcoholic beverages. There is a free breakfast as well. Free parking, free Wifi (which we stayed at a Marriot the night before and were surprised that they charged by the minute for internet access!) The room we stayed in was very nice, clean, and quiet. We had a view of the arch, albeit a distant view, a view nonetheless. They give a AAA and a military discount, but I called to make the reservation because i couldn't figure out how to make the reservation online with the discount.

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Booked with the Drury after reading the reviews, here, on Trip Advisor. So, so glad! The room was comfortable and very clean. Everything maintained in working order. The public areas were also clean and comfortable. The staff were very friendly and accommodating. The food served for the evening, buffet-style, was nothing "fancy", but fresh, tasty, and they had a great variety to choose from: Hot Dogs, and baked potatoes, with all the toppings/trimmings and condiments you need/want, chili, chips, dips/salsa, veggie tray, salad, macaroni and cheese. The morning breakfast: scrambled eggs, fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, sausage patties, all kinds of breads, muffins, bagels, cereal, apple & orange juice. And fresh fruit and yogurt. I'm sure I forgot something. It was really great not to have to "go out" to grab a bite to eat. But, this hotel is close to many chain restaurants if I wanted something else. The pool & gym were clean, and "big enough". I didn't use the business center, saw it had the usual things you need/want. I brought my pet, and they really are "pet friendly". One weird thing happened though. I had the "do not disturb" sign on my door, and housekeeping knocked, and said it was their policy to check to see if I needed anything... then immediately after leaving, they called my room. I stayed two nights, and it only happened once... that I know of. Ha! I recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank scoobski
Reviewed 27 July 2014

Have stayed at this hotel a couple of times and it is very nice. This time we had 2 puppies with us and they were very nice to give us a room close to the door on the first floor. After arriving we went down for the kickback and I went to get our drinks and that's when I met Ethel who was nice enough to carry my drink to the table for me as I had just broken my arm while on vacation. After heading to our room she said "see you in the morning" and the next morning there she was again and was as pleasant as ever. (Please give the girl a day off). Overall another great stay and pets are welcome!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family