“Awesome meal at a reasonable price”
Review of Bandana's Barbeque

Bandana's Barbeque
Ranked #2 of 81 Restaurants in Collinsville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I had the salad with BBQ pork. The meat was outstanding - fresh, flavorful, and plentiful, on a bed of crispy fresh iceberg lettuce with a good deal of grated cheese, a couple of slices of red onion, and three small slices of tomato. That and a nice dark beer filled me up. Good value at a little over $13 with tax.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

The food was good but not outstanding - I got the beef which was okay and husband got the ribs which he thought were a little too sweet. There were 6 sauces on the table to try. It's nice that they allow order of lunch size (smaller portion) during dinner. Dessert (brownie a la mode) was really good. Son ordered the funnel cake doughnut holes which were undercooked. When we told our server she immediately took it off our bill. The service was excellent!.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

Very good barbecue. We enjoyed the selection of sauces. There is a nice smoky aroma to their sauce of the same name, and I particularly liked the spicy version of their original sauce, which is not tomato-based.

Reviewed 31 May 2014

A friend of our had Bandanas cater a family event, and we liked it. So we decided to try the restaurant for ourselves. We were staying in Collinsville at the Hampton Inn, which was right across the road, so it was very convenient.

The restaurant is a casual western theme. There are lots of choices on the menu for sandwiches, platters, and combinations. There are about 5 sauces of various kinds on the table, so you can choose to your liking.

Service was friendly and prompt. Everyone like their meal, and among 5 of us we had pork, beef, chicken and turkey. I very much likes the green bean sides, seasoned with onion and celery salt. It was very flavorful and without a lot of extra fat. The applesauce was wonderful, and truly tasted like homemade. Each plate came with a side of garlic bread, which was tasty but drowned in butter.

I would return to Bandanas on a future trip to Collinsville, as I often stay at the Hampton. Bandanas has proven to me that they have good food, and I can't beat the convenience of the location after a long drive.

1  Thank dlp53
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We were looking for some St. Louis barbecue and came here due to the reviews. We went late on a Friday, just before closing, but we were still seated with a smile. We had the pulled pork sandwich and an additional rib just to see what they tasted like. The food came out quickly and was nicely prepared. The pulled port was fabulous! A sandwich with coleslaw on it, and the table contained several bottles of sauce that you could add for yourself. We asked for the coleslaw also as a side dish, and it was very good. The rib was OK, but not the best I have ever had. There was a modest amount of meat on the rib, although the flavor was good. I had hoped for a lot more from a chain that brags about their ribs. The beer selection is very limited, and was even more so the night we were there since the draft dispenser was apparently not working. Would love to give it another try if we are ever back in the area.