“Visiting santa”

Greenacres Animal Park
Reviewed 5 June 2012

great experiance kids loved it been loads of times and always enjoyable

All reviews
"fun fair"
"reptile house"
"various animals"

Reviewed 27 May 2012

visited last thursday with my wife daughter and nearly two year old grandson, it,s been a while since i took my son and daughters here so it,s changed a bit but not too much seven pound admission not too dear but six pounds for over two,s bit steep three and over maybe.so glad we came in school term time as i could see it getting very busy on holidays and weekends lots of animals to see must admit i,m not a big lover of penned in animals and one or two i thought were in enclosures that should have been bigger however they all looked in pretty good nick so they are well looked after didn,t eat there so can,t comment on food but had a pint and bought drinks for all which wasn,t overpriced i agree with the previous review there are lots of other attractions that require you to put your hand in your pocket not bad when you only have a two year old but for slightly older children can see some tantrums on the horizon all in all this is a nice place to bring your little ones to before stepping up to chester zoo when they get a little older enjoyed the day out and wouldn,t put anyone off visiting here

Reviewed 18 February 2012

I took my small grandsons (aged 2 1/2 & 4) to visit this park. It is super. We got there in time for the animal petting and met a sheep, an alpaca, a pig, a rat and a dog. They loved feeding the animals and I was impressed by the wide range of animals. There's lots to look at and it's quite compact, so excellent for small children. It's a bit spoilt by the large number of fairground & coin operated rides, all of which cost extra and by the blaring music. We didn't try the food in the cafe but the tea and coffee were undrinkable. We went on the tractor ride which they absolutely loved. Horses, Shetland ponies, cows, a bull, llamas and sheep all rush up to the tractor for the food the driver throws. One of the horses even does tricks. We won't be back, even though we live very close by. While on the tractor ride, the driver kept making sexist comments. The worst of which was that 'women have smaller brains than men'. I don't want my grandchildren being told lies like this so won't be going back.

1  Thank TuesdayChester
Reviewed 2 October 2011

We had a wonderful day can't believe i didn't know about this place and I have lived in Chester 30
Years !! So much to do and see an very hands on. You can feed the animals and they have a zoo status so it's not just farm animals they have monkeys, snakes, alpaca, porcupines and so much more. The tractor ride which works out 70-90p each takes 20 mins horses do tricks, animals run after the tractor and there is a commentary and music. There are loads of rides for the children and a bouncy tale tickets are 90p each or 10 tickets for £7. Great day out we all enjoyed it so much. I am hard to please and everything wAs fab.

2  Thank Hanhux
See more reviews
Reviewed 31 August 2011

I took a group of nursery children aged between 2 and 4 years of age for a day trip to Greenacres Farm and everyone had a wonderful time. We arrived about 10.30am and started off by feeding the goats (special food is available to buy at the entrance) and then the pigs. Then we wandered over to "Pet's Corner" where there is a special area for the animals to come out and be bottle fed by (have to say that the little one's are a lot braver than me LOL) the visitors. We fed some lambs and some goats and the children loved this but not as much as when the baby rabbits and chicks came out for a cuddle. Followed closely by some adorable puppies. I think everyone wanted to take them home :)
Afterwards we went to the barn for our packed lunch where there was also a children's entertainer doing some magic tricks. There is a cafe here but we didn't use it on this visit as like I said, we all took a packed lunch. The barn is set out with long tables and seating and plenty of room and also great if it's raining outside.
After lunch we went on the tractor ride which had been booked when we arrived. The children, again, loved this. The "farmer" played Old MacDonald's Farm and the children sang along as we set off looking for some animals.
Tractor ride over and just time to go off and feed the ducks before heading home.
Overall, this is a great place for families and/or groups to go and visit and watch some of the work that goes on daily on the farm and would recommend this place to anyone.

9  Thank HEVER