“I will return”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Countryside
Fort Montgomery
“I will return”
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Reading some of the posted reviews, I wondered if I was staying at a different hotel. Readjusted my reservation with no problem. Front desk staff very friendly. Room was excellent, spotless and quiet.
Lobby had coffee, tea, cookies and lemonade. Decor looked fresh and hallway carpeting looks new. This hotel was just a few blocks from family so very convenient. Will stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
GM6201, Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this review, 2 September 2014
Dear wn97744,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you liked our rooms and the service. We are at your service anytime.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I stayed here when trying to find a reasonably priced hotel close to Midway airport after a flight was cancelled. Since I was only sleeping for a handful of hours and then heading back to the airport, this worked ok. The hotel is quite outdated and a little too far from the airport but I saved quite a bit on cost compared to closer hotels. I would not want to stay here if it were more than a quick travel stay. I took the shuttle both ways without issue. Nice driver but the shuttle times from the hotel are awkward. Luckily I was the only rider, so we could leave a little closer to my desired time and not the weird hotel time. Service at the checkin desk was very friendly.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
GM6201, Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this review, 29 August 2014
Dear jwinterhouse

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you stay was ok. However, we apologize for the experienced with the shuttle times and we wish you had more time to enjoy our special amenities.

Hotel Manager
Reviewed 8 August 2014 via mobile

The hotel room itself was decent for the price paid especially with the fact that parking was free for the 8 days we were leaving for vacation AND had free shuttle service. We had no trouble with the shuttle when they dropped us off at the airport, but when we returned, we waited for 2 hrs for them to pick us up! I called them at 5:40 pm saying we have arrived and needed a shuttle and was told the driver had another pick up and wouldn't be able to get us until 6:30 pm, which was 45 min later! We waited outside at the designated spot until 6:50 until the driver arrived. He stopped the van for maybe about 10 sec and just drove off!! We stood there thinking he would turn around and come back, that maybe he had stopped at a bad spot or something, but nothing...At 7:00 pm i called the hotel and told them what happened which they proceeded to tell me they would call the driver and let him know. 15 min later, no driver still. I called the hotel again at 7:15 and was told they were busy and didn't get a chance to call him yet and they would do it right away. At 7:35, still waiting outside, with 2 hungry 4 year olds running around and being extremely frustrated at this point, I call the hotel again and demand to know where the driver is and if he doesn't arrive within the next 10 min, we would take a taxi and they were gonna pay for it. I was told they werent going to pay for the taxi and that he should be arriving soon!! He finally got there at 7:50 when my husband proceeded to tell him that was the WORST service we have ever gotten and that he just wasted 2 hrs of our time! He didnt even apologize, just ended up saying well you should have waived when i came around! Appearentely he expected us to run after the van!! Never staying there again. Would rather pay more $ but get decent service!

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank krajisnik33
GM6201, Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this review, 24 August 2014
Dear Krajisnik33,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you liked our hotel rooms. However, we apologize for the problems experienced with the hotel shuttle and the staff did not respond to your need right away. Rest assured your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is and allow us to redeem your faith in our award winning service.

Jamal Masoud

Travellers are raving about these Countryside hotels

Canfield, Ohio
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Checking into the facility on 6-26-14 for a business trip paid for by my employer the staff requested my personal credit card for incidentals. A standard procedure, I presented my personal credit card. My employer had been requested to fill out a pre-authorized form allowing charges to be billed to the company for my stay. That form was presented upon check in. I lke others mentioned here arrived at my room to find what I felt was at best decor from the 60's. Not a big deal at this point as it was only one night. The following morning on the 27th I checked out by 7:00 AM. Specifically verifying with the clerk on duty that there were no charges against my personal credit card which she confirmed nothing would be. All charges confirmed by the clerk on duty were billed to my employer. On the evening of the 27th upon returning home I checked charges against my credit card. A standard process I have done as of late. Low and behold charged against my personal credit card charges from the Holiday Inn in Countryside. At this point it was a pending transaction and not posted. I immediately contacted them and was told nothing was charged. Unfortunately I do not have enough space to continue this review however 43 days later I still have not received my credit and continue to get the run around from the General Manager Peter. Notifying the States Attorney General as well as the Consumer Protection Agency today for unauthorized charges against my personal credit card. Be very cautious of this facility for unathorized charges against your card. WBJ

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank William J
Hartford City, Indiana
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I was very comfortable during my stay at the Holiday Inn. There were no problems at the hotel and the beds were very nice. The traffic in the area was extremely busy, lots of construction going on but that had nothing to do with the stay. Pool area looked nice, didn't have time to use it but it was a beautiful area.
Outside landscaping looked like it needed manicured, lots of weeds (in courtyard area)
I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Angie T
Dear Angie ,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you liked our clean rooms and comfortable hotel. However, we apologize for the outside landscaping looking like it needed manicured. Rest assured the landscaping of the hotel has improved and the weeds in the courtyard area has been cleaned. We hope to see you again in the near future

Hotel General Manager
Prairie du Sac, Wisconsin
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We visited this Holiday Inn July 7th for a couple days, mental note, don't drive to Chicago on Sunday after 4th of July wknd! Traffic was terrible to say the least! Ok back to the hotel, staff were helpful and very nice for the most part. Check in went smoothly, but was quiet when we finally arrived. Our room was very nice, spacious and clean. We had originally planned on 4 being in the room so had reserved a suite and were very happy with it even though it ended up just being the 2 of us. The building itself is showing its age in some spots but it is kept clean, and the pool area is beautiful! Probably the only negative would be when we wanted to play ping pong in the game room by the pool. We had decided to spend the day at the pool relaxing and when we couldn't find the pong paddles we figured they were at the front desk. So I walked to the front desk, in swim suit and cover up, to ask for paddles. I figured I would have to give room number and sign...nope, the gentleman at the front desk wouldn't give them out without a pic ID! I said I was at the pool and didn't have it on me but he wouldn't budge on it. So I had to go all the way back to our room and get it, when I finally got back, I again had to wait in line for someone to become available and of course it was the same gentleman, gave him my ID to look at, and he put it behind the counter, I said 'you're keeping it?' and he said yes until I return the paddles...I said 'but they're ping pong paddles!' He did crack a grin at that time which helped somewhat and said sorry but that is their hotel policy. So overall other than the Ping pong episode we had a very nice time. Oh and also many restaurants close by too.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank PollyAnna2014
Dear Polly Anna2014

Thank you for taking the time to post a review. We are pleased that you liked our hotel rooms. However, we apologize for the problems experienced with having access to the ping pong paddles without leaving to leave an ID at the front desk. Rest assured your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope to see again in the near future.

Jamal Masoud
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We had 2 adults and 2 children stay in the room. The brick wall in our room was very dark (from the 60s) - making it appear smaller. The worst part was the Holidome area. We chose this hotel based on it's "Holidome" appeal. There was a large hair ball on the side of the pool Saturday while we swam, and it was still there Sunday morning (see picture). One of the hot tubs was not working. Pourly "cautioned" off. - Could not get picture do to people in the area. People were using emergency throwable life saving rings as flotation devices. I had to tell my kids, "don't drown". Luckily they are good swimmers. The "game area" was leaking from the roof. There was only 1 working table tennis game and a rusted out foosball table. I refused to let my kids touch it. For table tennis paddles and balls you had to leave your ID at the front desk - no biggie, but you're walking around in swimsuits. Both treadmills were not working in the fitness center. There was garbage left around the lobby area, the lemon water jug was near empty for the entire day. When we checked out the front sliding doors were broken, and had to be pried open to walk in/out. We won't be back unless we see changes.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Nikki E
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Countryside, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Dear Nikki E,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about your experience with us. I am pleased to know that you found your room nice, Our goal is to ensure that all our clients leave satisfied and we try our best to fulfill all our guest requests and for that please accept our sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced and if our hotel fell below your expectations in many aspects. We constantly strive to provide an environment of comfort and value to our guests, therefore, we are sincerely concerned when we fall short of your expectations. I have taken note of your valuable comments and will use these to monitor and improve the quality of services we offer to our guests.

Though I would prefer you had a better experience at our hotel, I would like to thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future and show you just how much we care about delivering an above average experience.

Krysllin G
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Countryside
Best Western Plus Chicagoland - Countryside
SpringHill Suites Chicago Southwest at Burr Ridge/Hinsdale
Hyatt Place Chicago Midway Airport
Chicago Marriott Southwest at Burr Ridge
Super 8 Bridgeview/Chicago Area
Extended Stay America - Chicago - Burr Ridge

Been to Holiday Inn Countryside? Share your experiences!