“Special place. We're coming back”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Creal Springs
Egyptian Hills Resort
Reviewed 13 July 2011

My wife and I loved this place. We had a like new cabin furnished with everything we needed and enjoyed a sunset view of Lake of Egypt from our private deck . Next to our cabin was a gurgling waterfall that put us to sleep and calmed the nerves. Please try the beautiful lake side restaurant serving amazing pizza and the best homemade ice cream I've tasted. We especially appreciated the owner's help in enjoying the lake eventhough we didn't bring a boat. Be sure to meet the owners, who have put a lot of love in every detail of their resort. Their object was to provide a place where you can really fullfil your vacation goals. Mine was to relax, enjoy nature, and heal. Done!

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Healed

Reviewed 9 July 2011

We had a wonderful time a few weeks ago at Egyptian Hills and we will certainly be back. The Cabins accommodated our family perfectly and the enclosed deck was great for the little kids. We were able to rent a pontoon boat and a speed boat and had a great time exploring lake of egypt. We did most of our own cooking on the grill and in the kitchen, but the kids loved walking down to the marina to get homemade ice cream every night! The owner and his family were terrific--very kind and helpful. It is a beautiful setting and I would recommend it and will stay there again.

2  Thank darrylm_11
Reviewed 3 July 2011

My Mom and Dad met me at the resort as a half way point because they live in Iowa and I live in Ohio. We stayed in one of the cabins for a long weekend, and got to enjoy boating on the lake and the pizza from the store. I have to admit I still dream about that pizza! It was a great vacation spot for my family and I, and we have decided to make it an annual trip because the cabins are so nice and there is so much to do!

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank wguyj
Reviewed 30 June 2011

We came to Egyptian Hills Resort for a family reunion. We stayed in 3 cabins (one was the double cabin). They had lofts (which the kids LOVED), flat screen T.V's , powerful A/C and super comfortable beds. Our bed was king size and I wanted to steal the pillow :o We mosly ate outside on the giant deck on the picnic tables and enjoyed the view of the lake. Each morning we started out the day riding the paddle boats. Then we used a pontoon boat and explored the lake. We had 9 children with us. We spent hours and hours jumping off the boat and swimming in fun little coves with tiny private beaches. We ate at the restaurant and had the homeade pizza that was sooo good but, not out done by the ice cream that tastes more like custard. The windows in the restarant are really fun because it is so close to the water it feels like you eating in a cruise ship cause all you can see from inside is the water. At night the children ran around catching fireflies while the adults watched from the deck. Sorry to go on and on but our trip was so wonderful! We live in San Antonio and it was worth the drive. We will be staying at the Egyptian Hills Resort again. Thanks for the amazing memories!

3  Thank dianahoelscher
Reviewed 28 June 2011

BEWARE BEWARE BEWARE, This resort is a waste of money and precious family time. The cabins are very small and cramped. This was a horrible place to take a family for a vacation, very expensive and one member of the staff was a total jerk!!!! The boats for rent a very old and my family had to be towed back to the dock. The owner is a jerk, stay away, dont waste your hard earned money on this joke of a resort. BEWARE

6  Thank outdoorman111
micahmerrill, Owner at Egyptian Hills Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 29 June 2011

In response to Outdoorman111, we are a family resort and have zero tolerance for those who abuse alcohol, especially around their children. This person has never stayed at our resort and has never been in one of our cabins. They did rent one of our boats which they enjoyed most of the day then brought it back broken, and we still gave them a full cash refund. And when they became belligerent we asked them to leave the property. These people have not spent one dime of their hard earned money at our resort.

Micah Merrill
Manager of Egyptian Hills Resort

Been to Egyptian Hills Resort? Share your experiences!