Egyptian Hills Resort
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Creal Springs
See available hotels
  • Breakfast included
Econo Lodge(Marion)
Limited Inn(Marion)
Drury Inn Marion(Marion)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 29 July 2013

My family and I just returned from a three day, two night stay down there. There were 11 of us, 9 adults and 2 kids. We stayed in a double chalet (two cabins attached by a big deck - one cabin has a living room area, a master bedroom and bathroom and the other cabin has the kitchen, a bathroom and three bedrooms, one downstairs and two upstairs), which was plenty big enough for all of us. Cabins were clean and well stocked with everything we needed. Deck had a gas and charcoal grill and two picnic tables. If you are using the grills, you have to bring your own gas or charcoal. We were within walking distance of the lake and had an awesome view. There is a pizza parlor and ice cream parlor on site - both excellent. Great entertainment on Friday and Sat nights. There is a fire pit down by the lake, where we had s'mores and listened to the live music as the sun went down. We rented a pontoon boat (you can rent for the full day or half day) - great experience, the lake is beautiful (you can drop anchor anywhere on the lake and go swimming which the lake was warm and clean enough to enjoy) and we were able to use the paddle boats and kayaks for free. Micah, the owner, is awesome - he is always available (he carries his cell phone with him so he can be reached at any time). He is great - very accommodating with any request we had. The grounds were beautiful and kept up nice. All the staff was so nice also. I have no complaints at all about this place. Great, great, great experience for us. We would highly recommend it, and definitely return ourselves (but next time we are staying longer)! Only suggestion I have is to make sure that you have a good GPS or detailed directions because it is a little tricky to get to but once you are there it is well worth the wait. Enjoy!

Room Tip: You can request to have a lake view, but from where I could see, they all have a lake view. It is not a very big resort so I think all the views are good.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Sandy M
Reviewed 28 July 2013

My husband and I took our three teenage boys to this resort for a family vacation. I wanted something more relaxing than our other vacations which included a pretty hefty itinerary. We arrived on a Friday evening for check-in. The owner, Micah, was very pleasant and friendly and the check-in was a breeze. He walked us to our cabin which was small but was big enough to fit a family of five. The deck overlooked the Lake of Egypt and was equipped with a charcoal grill and outdoor furniture. There was also a stream next to the cabin that sounded beautiful in the morning while I was enjoying my cup of coffee. After our arrival we were hungry and went to the "store/restaurant" and ordered some pizza. VERY TASTY and enjoyed the live entertainment for the night. This vacation was incredibly relaxing even with the horseback riding, kayaking and pontoon boat we rented. We also visited some nearby winerys and Patti's 1880 Settlement. We also found a place to go-cart. The resort is beautiful and there is a lot to do at the resort or in the nearby areas. My three teenage boys said this was their second favorite vacation (the first being Mexico). Micah and his staff were always pleasant and helpful and were always willing to go the "extra mile" to make us happy. I would highly recommend this establishment for a family, a girls' weekend or a romantic getaway. Make sure if you go you also have their Ice Cream as it is WONDERFUL.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
4  Thank LoveToTravel188
Reviewed 1 July 2013

What a great time! My friend and I and our four kids, 8-12 years, rented a chalet for the week. It had a master bedroom on the main floor, and two loft bedrooms, slept six of us. Fully stocked kitchen, dishes, cups, pans, ect., one bathroom, huge wrap around deck and charcoal grill. We had a lake view. Micah, the owner was fantastic. Very laid back place, very relaxing and adventurous all at the same time. The resort is beautiful. Lots of swimming, boating, wave runners, fishing, ice cream and just plain fun. Lake Egypt is fabulous. A short distance from Garden of the Gods, Cave in the Rock State Park and a must do, Shawnee Bluff Canopy tours zip lining. We can't wait to go back!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank xena1198
Reviewed 27 June 2013

we went down before official opening May 10th - May 17th, the owners are very friendly and accommodating, the cabins are really comfortable and modern, I almost felt like we were in a adult tree house even though cabin is on the ground, it had 1 bed room but an upstairs loft with two separate areas that would sleep two people on each side. kids would love it, you really can't stand as an adult but to sleep would be fine, My wife and had a great time fishing hiking and went out on a boat once, very relaxing, it was off season so not many people , but we like it that way, Micah is one of the owners and very nice guy, we felt like we were old friends, really great guy as well as other people we met, they are doing allot of work there and they will soon have facility's ready for weddings and receptions right on the property, if you love the outdoors but want to stay in a comfortable friendly place with great people and attractions I highly recommend Egyptian Hills Resort, tell Micah I said Hi

Room Tip: we were not right on the water but we had a great view of a beautiful man made water fall(small that ran all the way down to the lake really a nice view from the cabin deck.
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank mikenyc11044
Reviewed 27 May 2013

This property is in an excellent location on the north side of the Lake of Egypt. It offers easy access to both ends of the lake and shore line is great for just sitting and relaxing or throwing in a line and hoping for some bass action.

The group of eight I stayed with found the double chalet to be perfect in terms of size and amenities. The kitchen included all the basics and the appliance all were functional. The sleeping arrangement was great, especially the spacious loft in one of the buildings. We thought there would be no way to comfortably fit eight people in the buildings, however that was not the case at all! The only complaint I have would be the small size of the bathroom and shower in the larger building, however teh other building had a large/tall shower that worked great.

Overall, the resort provided a relaxing atmosphere and the manager was great at making sure we had everything we needed. The entertainment at the marina in the evenings was also a plus!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends