“Dont stay here! Complete waste of my $900.00”

Holiday Inn Express Crestwood
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Crestwood
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We came here for a extra long weekend for Easter to be near family. We got two conjoining rooms so we could all be comfortable. First off there is no fridge to keep food or drinks cold. There is no chair to sit in which was not nice since two of us are breastfeeding babies. Neither rooms had good water pressure in the sinks. The hotel supplied shampoo and conditioner were half gone from the previous customers. The worst part was waiting 5+ minutes for the shower water to get "warm" enough to take a shower. The tub in my room had no stopper, it had been busted off leaving a big sharp piece of metal sticking about an inch above the tub surface, which meant I had to bathe my small children in my sisters hotel room next door. The third morning I had a centipede crawl in front of my feet while I was peeing. The 4th morning I had a black ant crawling up my leg as I peed. Every day when we would return the room just reeked of chlorine from the pool, it actually gave me a headache. The beds were way too soft, I had to sleep diagonal across the middle to prevent falling out of bed.

***The pool experience: I had taken my children to the pool the second night we were there. There was a large good of children apx ages 8-11 playing unsupervised in the pool. After I got in I started feeling towels at the bottom of the pool and pulled them out and threw them on the concrete. These kids had thrown all the towels in the pool and then were twisting the wet towels and trying to smack kids in the pool with them, add that with the incredibly LOUD, ear shattering screaming they were doing and it was NOT a fun time. I went to the front counter, soaking wet and cold to report the lack of towels and to ask for some assistance with the unruly kids inside the pool. The guy at the desk said he would take care of it. About 5 minutes later he came in and set the towels down and walked out...never addressed the kids.

** Free breakfast but better off getting food elsewhere, its all pre-maid hot food, not very good at all. Check dates on milk so you don't get a chunk in your mouth.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Michelle S
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Michelle S,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at Holiday Inn Express Crestwood. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. I would like to address this with you further. I have sent you a private message to obtain more information about your stay. I look forward to hearing from you and being of further assistance.

Karen G.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

What keeps us coming back to this Holiday Inn Express in particular are the guest relations officers, Josh and Kaitlin. Josh is a true professional and truly helps this chaotic hotel run smoothly. They are at the forefront and backbone of this hotel, and we strictly only deal with the two of them in securing our reservations, or with questions during our stay. We have stayed at least 8 times in the last 6 months, from 2 nights to a week at a time, and Josh always go above and beyond to ensure our experience is top notch from the moment we step into the hotel, until the time we leave. Josh and Kaitlin should definitely be supervisors or managers, as the rest of the mediocre front desk staff could benefit from their enthusiasm, professionalism, friendliness, and eagerness to ensure guest satisfaction. The rooms are clean, breakfast offers a variety for all. Pool is small. Shopping, Restaurants, Movies, Starbucks all within walking distance.

Room Tip: King rooms are the best.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Kevin M, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Reviewed 22 March 2014

We came to stay at this hotel for the sole purpose that it had a pool. We stopped here on the tail end of our vacation so our boys could enjoy the pool. Well, when we went down to the pool there was food floating everywhere. And I am not exaggerating when I say EVERYWHERE. This hotel is understaffed and after being on hold to report the issue i was very dissatisfied when the clerks reaction.

• Stayed: March 2014
2  Thank KaraLeighB
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Dear KaraLeighB,

Thank you for staying with us and leaving a review about your visit. I regret that this stay was a disappointment on several aspects. We have sent you a private message to discuss.

Pam G

Reviewed 7 February 2014

This is a good hotel, with comfortable rooms and bathrooms. However, I was very disappointed with breakfast. The yoghurt was not vegetarian, and everything was served on plastic plates, bowls and disposable cups. There was not much healthy to eat at all. The staff are very friendly and helpful, so the breakfast was the only disappointment. Nice swimming pool here.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2014

Dear ruralbliss,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the the breakfast selections prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We were very pleased to see perfect scores for all other areas of the hotel. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we’re confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Adrian D

Reviewed 19 July 2013

My group traveling to a family reunion was told three times over the phone that our rooms were ready. When we arrived approx 30 minutes later they were not all ready. The staff acted as if they didn't care and we were told to wait there was nothing that that could do. The hotel was also hot and the location was was terrible. The hotel was in the process of being remodeled so there were contractors running around and tractor trailers dropping off freight. Well never stay here again or recommend this location or chain.

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank bgjames
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Crestwood, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2013

Dear bgjames,

Thank you for taking the time to write us a review regarding your recent stay. We take all reviews positive and negative very seriously, and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

I sincerely apologize for the poor experience and service issues you had during your stay. This is definitely not up to our standards and deeply regret for falling short on our regular standards on this occasion.

I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually. I hope we get the opportunity to show you some of our improvements on your next trip to Crestwood.

Dhan M

Reviewed 14 June 2013

The Crestwood Inn or Holiday Inn Express to be is excellent place to stay in Chicago. The traffic was calm and rooms are so clean. I stayed to attend the wedding of my cousin. The staff were so friendly and polite. The breakfast was amazing with different varieties. My boys also enjoyed at this place where they could do their homework in the meeting room downstairs.It has many shopping cntres such as Wal Mart, Ultra Food (grocery store) and fast food and restaurants

I would definately recommend others to stay at this place.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank CanadiansR0ck

Reviewed 17 April 2013 via mobile

The hotel is very nice! Cleaning up to date the decor is beautiful, nice calming feel the room was very clean & everything in place! a homey feel :) the pool was also nice the only problem is it smelt a little bit too much like chlorine... iy is close to shopping and plenty of restaurants which i took advantage of :) other than that the price was reasonable & i will be coming back to stay and get a night away from home!

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Meg3192

Thank you very much for your feedback!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Crestwood
Doubletree Hotel Chicago / Alsip
Best Western Chicago Southland
Quality Inn & Suites
Quality Inn & Suites
#3 of 3 in Orland Park

Been to Holiday Inn Express Crestwood? Share your experiences!