“Value Stay”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Crystal Lake
Reviewed 12 October 2012

This is a Comfort Inn, don't come here expecting anything else. The rooms are clean, the staff is very friendly and it is quiet. These qualities set this Comfort Inn above any I've ever been in before.

Negatives: The elevator is extremely slow so I take the stairs and the third floor smells like smoke.

Room Tip: This is the quietest Comfort Inn I've ever stayed in.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Matthew D

Reviewed 5 October 2012

Our trip to Crystal Lake was to attend a funeral. The night supervisor helped us find the hotel with very clear directions. When we arrived, we were given a "bereavement" rate. After a stressful day, I found this comforting. The hotel is clean, and the staff, from the desk people to the people who serve the breakfast, to the cleaning staff, were friendly and helpful. The complimentary breakfast was hot and good.

My favorite Comfort touch was complimentary coffee and popcorn in the lobby.

I thank Comfort Inn for making a difficult situation a little better.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Gail K
Reviewed 2 August 2012

What a wonderful experience. We are in the final stretch of week long stay and can't say how impressed we are with the staff at this hotel. The front desk associates (Nathan and Cecelia) are outstanding! They have both gone above and beyond their expected duties to make us feel wlecome and comfortable. The accomodations are above average but the employees are excellent! This stay has not only been very affordable (compared to other hotels in the area), but wonderfully pleasant. Thank you, we will be back again.

Room Tip: Third floor is a mix of smoking and Non-smoking rooms. I would recommend first or second floor rooms...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank J B
Reviewed 13 July 2012

When I stay at a hotel, I look for a few things: Is it safe? Is it clean? Can I rest there? Does the internet work? This hotel has a lot to commend itself and some things are exceptionally good but there were some issues that should be mentioned.
Upon arrival, I was greeted by the clerk who was, in a word, delightful. She soon has me ensconced in a room but not before explaining to me everything that I needed to know about the hotel and its amenities. This hotel is located in a commercial area on a major highway with every sort of restaurant and store, some within walking distance. I felt secure as to my person and my vehicle during my entire stay. One evening I came in to find a police officer parked in the lot. I could not have felt safer.
The exterior look of the hotel would have led me to believe that it was a new facility, as would the condition of the lobby. The room itself was very clean and the furniture was in excellent condition. The ceilings were unusually high, giving the room a spacious feeling. It was only in the bathroom that there was a little paint peeling, though no mold and the paint-over job and some of the worn edges revealed that this is not a new facility. It is well maintained. The sink and counter were outside of the bathroom and therefore usable if the bathroom were occupied. In addition, the counter was quite long and could easily have accommodated three people at the same time.
The bed was comfortable and the pillows plentiful and fluffy. I always take pillows with me in case hotel pillows are inadequate but they were not in this case. There were two problems. One was that the curtains overhung the air conditioner in such a way that if the curtains weren’t folder up into the windowsill, all the cool air went behind them. I came in at one point and found the room warm even though the a/c was turned on and realized that the cool air was circulating up to the window. In addition, at one point, the a/c would not turn on, as if there were some issue with the switch. Eventually, whatever the problem was, it resolved itself. I was able to keep the room effectively cool during my stay.
The bigger problem was that the curtains did not keep out the morning light so the room was quite bright in the morning, waking me up.
There was plenty of hot water and the water pressure was adequate. There were sufficient soft and fluffy towels and all the needed amenities, including a microwave, refrigerator, ironing board and iron.
There was in indoor swimming pool and a very nice exercise room with a large-screen TV. There were about 40 channels on the in-room television.
There was a spacious and well-appointed dining room with a large array of edibles, including fresh-cooked eggs, bacon and sausage. There was also a waffle iron and the lady that runs the room was ready to assist with anything. There is coffee on a 24-hour basis and internet access through a lobby computer.
In-room wireless internet was fast and easy to access. However, at one point during the second evening I was there, the internet modem shut down and though I could easily access the hotel’s server, there was no internet service. The hotel apparently has several nodes in different areas, each of which can be separately accessed. When the internet went down, I could get access through various ones of these nodes but not to the internet. Internet access did not resume during the remaining hours I was there. Since I was about to sleep and left early the next morning, I did not pursue the issue.
All in all, this was a very good stay and a good value in a very fine facility with good service and good amenities. With the exception of the intrusion of the morning light and the internet problems, this was a perfect stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Nighthawk416
Reviewed 29 May 2012

Our family stayed at the Comfort Inn in Crystal Lake over Memorial weekend 2012 and were extremely pleased! The cleanliness of the hotel is incredible; even the detail of the vents in the bathrooms, they were spotless. I have found that to be one thing that is filthy in other hotels. The bed linens were fresh and smelled clean. You can definitely tell the staff takes great pride in their hotel and were simply incredible. We were treated extremely well and they took very good care of us with requests of additional towels needed to the wonderful shuttle service! The hotel is old, but they are renovating to be very modern and updated.The continental breakfast, which included much more than the typical waffles, pastries and yogurt, was wonderful. The location is close to lots of shopping and several restaurants. We look forward to staying here again. Thank you to the staff at Comfort Inn in Crystal Lake!!! The best!!!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Becky A
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Located at the quiet place, away from the interstate, close to Ford Museum and Village. Front desk people are not just professional, they are making you very welcome. They even called upon we entered our room to check do we like the room !
Rooms are clean, beds are comfy. Hotel is updated and rooms are with flat TV, fridge, MW oven. You can even purchase Ford events tickets at the front desk.
Good breakfast, a bit crowded space.
Great hotel, great value.

Room Tip: Any room will do.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HoweDZZY
Reviewed 26 May 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 3 days during a conference recently. The staff at the hotel were all very friendly and attentive, always having a smile on their faces and greeting you with an enthusiastic hello!

The room I was in had a king-size bed which was very comfortable and very clean. Everything worked. The sheets smelled clean and were in great condition. I appreciated having 6 pillows of varying firmness to choose from. The room was spacious with a desk and office chair. Plenty of outlets available. While the TV was an older style TV it worked perfectly with all the channels coming in clearly.

The sink counter was outside of the bathroom and had a lot of room to put my travel kit on. The bathroom was pretty big with a tub/shower. And finally a hotel where the water pressure in the shower was strong!! At the end of a long day travelling it felt so good to have a strong hot shower!

The complimentary morning breakfast was pretty decent with a variety of selection. It varied each day.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Hoffman Estates
Super 8 Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
#3 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!