“Above and Beyond Service and Great Pillows Too”
Review of Comfort Inn

Comfort Inn
Ranked #3 of 4 Hotels in Crystal Lake
Severn, MD
“Above and Beyond Service and Great Pillows Too”
Reviewed 13 August 2010

Let me start by saying that I stay in over 25 Comfort/Quality Inn's per year. So I have some understanding of what to expect.

This particular hotel really stands out on quality.

First, when I booked with corporate, they only had smoking rooms at the "double bed" rate. When I arrived, I asked the clerk if they had any non-smoking rooms available. He said no, but upgraded me to a suite at no additional charge. This was super awesome.

But it gets better. I hate, hate, hate the crappy pillows that every choice hotels uses. But this hotel had replaced them with really nice comfy pillows. I joked with my wife that I wanted to swipe one to take home with me.

The next day, my wife wanted to go out shopping while I slept some more. I called down to the clerks and asked if I could check-out late. They said no problem.

On top of this, the room was perfectly clean and the beds were comfortable. Everything worked perfectly. In fact, the AC had us frozen to the bed by morning (my mistake on the settings).

This hotel deserves a Platinum rating from Choice. I highly recommend it.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
2 Thank Skylighter

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Plainfield, Illinois
Reviewed 11 August 2010

This hotel is a SUPER value. Conveniently located in Crystal Lake just off Routes 14 and 31 (in the middle of shopping and tons to do!) It's very clean with nice, big rooms. We had a microwave and fridge in the room--a must-have for families traveling with small children!! It has a small pool (perfect for an evening dip) and a hearty breakfast buffet. We were very impressed with this hotel and would definately stay here again!!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BarbTravels__10
Hoffman Estates, Illinois
Reviewed 4 June 2010

Hotel staff is very nice, and helpful. Room was very clean. Free popcorn in the afternoon.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled on business
Des Plaines
Reviewed 2 June 2010

Very nice hotel, fresh fruit and coffee always in the lobby. The front desk staff were really nice, giving us tips on where to go. We were there for a wedding and didn't know much about Crystal Lake. Our room was nice and clean. Loved the Jacuzzi suite!!!! The included breakfast was great and such a value, we didn't have to drive around looking for a place to go for breakfast. I've been to Comfort Inns before and this was one of the best. I should mention it was a little hard to find but worth looking for.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 September 2009

This place is very clean. For a wi-fi connection - it was very good, able to watch Netflix movies with no problem and extended buffering. I stay at this place repeatedly as I finally found a motel in Crystal Lake that we like and can count on it being clean. My only complaint is the old man who works there and is not real nice with customers. If you avoid him - then it's great!!! - Hopefully they will catch him being a jerk in front on customers and he may not work there the next time...

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
Pittsburgh
Reviewed 19 December 2008

We spent 4 days there. Staff was OK, front desk folks were a little on the reserved side but were helpful. Pool was good. Breakfast adequate. Close to the METRA rail station so it made it really easy to go to downtown Chicago without driving.

Bed comfortable; room clean. Several restaurants and malls within walking distance. About 3 miles to the town itself which has some interesting places to eat as well.

• Liked — Location
  • Disliked — NA
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 29 July 2008

The hotel was OK but the breakfast was didn't have a great selection. Not worth the price that I paid per night

• Stayed July 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Crystal Lake
Comfort Suites Elgin
Super 8 Woodstock
Super 8 Woodstock
#3 of 3 in Woodstock

Been to Comfort Inn? Share your experiences!