“better mexican food alternatives than pablo's”

Pablo's Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #44 of 133 Restaurants in Crystal Lake
Cuisines: Mexican
Reviewed 8 December 2013

americanized mexican food. el charrito frozen enchilada dinners available in walmart's frozen dinner section for $2.38 are far superior. Herdez salsa available at Joseph's and Walmart are much more authentic mexican salsas. tip: warm stonware plates in the oven and transfer the el charrito heated enchilada meals to them for a more authentic, far superior mexican dinner at a superior dollar value.

Reviewed 9 April 2013 via mobile

We have been to Paublos twice. The first time we weren't impressed so we gave it a second chance. The food is not very authentic or fresh. We are new and everyone raves about this place but Id rather get a grilled stuffed burrito and make my own salsa at home when we're craving Mexican food. Just not impressed.

1  Thank Zirkyfamily
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Their Mexican fare is great, but I am addicted to Pablo's Fettucini Alfredo. OMG! I'm going from memory, but I believe it has chipotle peppers and cilantro in it. It's got several gooey cheeses in it as well. Not your typical fettucini alfredo. You can get it with chicken or shrimp. I love the chicken. The service is always very good, and Pablo is very friendly. I recommend it!

Reviewed 8 January 2013

We dine at Pablo's a couple of times a year. It is our first choice when we want Mexican, but our diets do not allow this indulgence as often as I'd like! While my husband is a die hard burrito fan, I like trying some of the non-traditional items on the menu. The chips, salsa, and margaritas are fine, too!

Reviewed 8 December 2012

Went here to lunch after shopping and was really surprised at the quality of food, service and drinks. If you go, try the fish. Had a $10.95 Dinner of grilled Talapia - it was excellent. A much better meal than at a Red Lobster.

The salsa and chips beforehand were also good. Ordering a Marguerita is a must because they pour a good drink and they don't put Alaska in your drink (all ice).

Definitely going back again. On Mondays, their dinners are two-for-one.

Excellent place.