“Best hotel in area”

Sleep Inn & Suites Danville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 19 September 2013

I couldn't believe how nice and clean this hotel was! I will definitely stay at this hotel again in the future. The staff is very friendly and the rooms were very clean. The breakfast bar was much better than I anticipated. Overall a very great value!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Kyle L
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 20 September 2013

Dear Kyle,
Thank you so much for your kind review of our hotel. This is an encouragement to our entire staff. It is our goal that every guest staying with us feels the same as you do. Hope to see you again soon!

There are newer reviews for Sleep Inn & Suites Danville

Reviewed 26 August 2013

We were greeted with a nice little snack sack at check in for being a choice privilege member. Nice touch. Our a/c in our room did not work very well, but figured we would not be her long enough to matter. We had to set it on 64 degrees for it to even work. Needless to say, I know the temperature in the room was not 64 degrees.

The breakfast choices were not all that great, but if you want something more, there is a Bob's Big Boy right out the front door.

If you have business in the industrial area, this is very convenient, but if you need to be close to town, this is not it. It is about 5 miles from the main city.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank retire2014
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Dear Retire2014, Thank you for choosing Sleep Inn and Suites while you were in Danville. I'm sorry you were disappointed in our breakfast choices. We offer a wide variety (including eggs and sausage, fresh fruit and biscuits and gravy everyday) with the hopes that everyone will find something they like. Any specific suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated! We take our guest's comments seriously and appreciate your feedback.

Reviewed 25 August 2013

I have stayed here two or three times in the past couple years and this hotel has always measured up. Nice modern remodeled room, hot breakfast, friendly & easy access off freeway. I recommend asking for take out menu's upon arrival and having something delivered if you are hungry or take your chances at the Big Boy across the road which I would not recommend.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2013

Dear Lisa, Thanks so much for your kind comments about Sleep Inn and Suites. My staff and I are always encouraged to know we have provided an excellent stay for our guests. We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Reviewed 15 August 2013

I have always been apprehensive about staying at a Sleep Inn/Comfort Inn as the variety of quality has always been wide ranging. Fortunately, I tried this Sleep Inn. It's quality of room was pretty good, breakfast good and filling, and the bed was comfortable. The staff was friendly and helpful although we had difficulty getting a receipt from a front desk person upon check out since this person was busy doing something else at the time we wanted a receipt.

Overall, for the price, I would recommend this motel; however, I did stay in a Sleep Inn and Suites in Idaho Falls that they need to compare themselves to and emulate. I hear that Sleep Inn is upping their standards for all of these "suites" properties and hope they follow through! It would be a joy to see that quality and consistency found all over the country!!

Room Tip: Get an upper floor as families travel to this motel so you avoid running in the rooms if you want to...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2013

Dear JerBob, Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback about Sleep Inn and Suites. Our goal is a superior stay experience for every guest. Your feedback, positive and negative, is very important to us. We look forward to your return visit and another chance to exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 20 July 2013 via mobile

Second time staying here and once again was above and beyond our expectations. Big rooms, new and modern feel, helpful front desk, perfect pool for the kids, good breakfast. If I had one complaint it would be trying to find channels on the tv but I would highly recommend this place to anyone!

• Stayed: July 2013
2  Thank SHOBrad
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2013

Dear SHObrad, I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay. We appreciate your repeat business and your comments. I'm sorry you had trouble with TV channels. Anytime you have any type of problem or question, just call the front desk. It is staffed 24 hours to help our guests with anything they need! Hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 9 June 2013

Stayed here while on a business trip. Though it was far from the 'downtown' area, it was a very good hotel. When driving up I was a bit skeptical, but once inside all of my doubts disappeared. The front desk was very helpful when checking in. She went to great lengths to ensure that my membership number was tied to my reservation, and even provided me with a nice welcome bag that included snacks and water.
The room was a nice size. It had a mini fridge and a microwave. It also contained a sitting chair, desk chair and a flat screen mounted on the wall. The bathroom itself was small. The sink was on the outside . It contained a toilet and a walk in shower. Not much room to move around in.

After being in the room for about an hour, I got a call from the manager to ensure that everything was okay with the room. I thought it was a nice touch and what made it even better is how she apologized for not calling earlier.

The breakfast was good, though it could have had more choices.
The room was clean, comfortable and to me probably the best place to stay in the city.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Court18
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2013

Dear "Court18", Thanks for letting us know about your recent experience with our hotel and staff. I'm happy that you overcame your reservations and gave us a try! We have recently remodeled the inside of the property and are now working on the outside. I hope you will stay with us again and be just as impressed by improvements to our outside property. We appreciate your business.!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

The hot breakfast was above average with Biscuits, Gravy, waffles and (eggs?). Staff was friendly and helpful. The restaurant across the parking lot, a Big Boy, left quite a bit to be desired, even though there was a 10% discount for hotel guests.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2013

Dear Smitty, Thank you for your positive comments about your stay and our staff. It is always encouraging to know we have provided out guests with an excellent stay. Hope we see you again soon.