“Understaffed with smokers”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Chicago, Illinois
“Understaffed with smokers”
Reviewed 24 March 2014

This place was a stop in which I rented the last room. The lock didn't work, and the single night manager of this FULL (of youth hockey players) hotel could not figure out that the lock battery had croaked at 1 am when we checked in. At that point he was dealing with unsupervised, excessively loud minors. When I arose in the morning, he was still on (well past 8am) because the day clerk had had an emergency and could not come in--and there was NO MANAGER ON DUTY. When I went to check out--I had cleared the room before breakfast, as we never did get a room key that worked, and staff (when we could find him) had to let me in when i went out--there was no one on the desk and both the night manager and the breakfast staff (one young woman) had gone out for a smoke break, leaving the guests on their own for fifteen minutes.

Room Tip: Reserve a room and ask if there are any sports teams staying there. They will be inadequately staff...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Virginia, I sincerely aplogize for the problems you experienced during your stay with us. This is most certainly not the type of stay experience we desire to provide for our guests. Yes, we were experiencing an unusually busy and hectic weekend but that is no excuse for the types of things you mentioned. If you would please contact me, I would like to do my very best to make this right. We appreciate your business and I look forward to speaking with you soon.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
West Salem, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was super impressed with this hotel. The front desk clerk was very nice and helpful. The interior is beautifully decorated-very modern and streamlined. The room was fabulous and spacious!! I was very surprised at how big it was for the price. We paid 117 and had two queen beds a pullout sofa sleeper, there was a very long work desk and an armoire. plus a table with four chairs and a little mini bar with a fridge, microwave and coffeemaker. They even had a hairdryer and iron/ironing board!!! A very nice large flat screen tv. The pool was a great temperature so it was nice to get in. Everything was very clean and modern/updated. The beds were super comfortable. The breakfast was good with many choices and they did a great job keeping it fresh and cleaned up. I dont have one bad thing to say. We stopped on our way home from Tennessee back to Wisconsin. I will say we will DEFINITELY stay here again the next time we head down to Tennessee! Thank you Sleep Inn for a wonderful place to rest our heads....you guys are above and beyond what I expected!

• Stayed March 2014
2 Thank deerwlf23
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the rave review! We are happy to hear you like our recent renovations. We pride ourselves on having the best staff service around, which you so kindly pointed out. We look forward to your return visit and providing you with another excellent stay experience.
London
Reviewed 27 January 2014

This hotel is very convenient to I-74. The lobby was very neat and clean even though the weather outside was snowy and just nasty. The pool/hot tub area was very nice. The room was well appointed and the furnishings appeared new. The room was immaculate and the bed was extremely comfortable. The free breakfast was the best we have ever encountered at a hotel. The lady at the desk was very helpful and nice. We enjoyed our overnight so much at this hotel that we stopped there again on the way back! We have never done that before.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Marijane C
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 28 January 2014
Dear Marijane,

My staff and I were very pleased to read your review of our hotel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are newly remodeled and it is obvious from reviews such as yours that we're doing our best for all of our guests. We appreciate your business and hope we have the opportunity to provide you with another outstanding stay in the future.
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed 10 January 2014

This hotel makes most other Sleep Inns look bad; If all Sleep Inns were this nice, I would never hesitate to stay at one again. The decor is beautiful right when you walk in the door. The rooms are very good, just the same. Nice water pressure, big TVs. The staff is amazing; super friendly. The only shortcoming? The internet is on the slow side. While it is average or even a bit above average (approx. 2.0 MBPS download), it still leaves a big data user a bit unimpressed. Small complaint, but worth noting.

Room Tip: The extremely generous King Suite was surprisingly affordable and huge. Treat yourself.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Chris R
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Chris, I appreciate you taking the time to write this review. It always puts a big smile on my face to hear from happy guests. Your compliments were most generous! Thank you for telling us about the internet speed problem you experienced. We are always looking to improve our technology at Sleep Inn and Suites to better serve our guests. I hope we see you again when you visit Danville.
Ramstein, Germany
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Beautiful hotel with contemporary decor convirbtly located right off I74. Nice indoor pool with plenty of towels. All the staff I spoke with were courteous and helpful. Room was quiet, never heard any other guests even though we were very close to the elevator. The breakfast was to die for! Warm biscuits, sausage, gravy, eggs & waffles, plus an assortment of pastries and juices. Although the hotel is pet friendly, it smells fresh and is very clean. I would definitely recommend this hotel anyone.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank cosens
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear Cosens, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. You described a perfect stay and that is always our goal for every guest. My staff and I are always encouraged by reviews like yours. We look forward to your future stays when you visit Danville.
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 10 December 2013

We recently stayed at this property overnight and were amazed at the five star type of service that was provided to us from the employee (Chris S.) that was on duty. She was so friendly, polite and knowledgeable. The service was outstanding. This property is a hidden gem in central Illinois. We will be staying here the next time we are in the area. Bravo to the owner/manager of this property.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kathleen S
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 12 December 2013
Dear KSC, Thank you for taking the time to post your excellent review of our hotel. My staff and I are delighted you enjoyed your stay. That's our number one goal. Hopefully with comments like yours we will not remain a "hidden" gem. Thanks again and we hope to see you again when you are in Danville.
Indianola, Iowa
Reviewed 18 November 2013

We were 100% pleased with this motel. The lobby was very attractive, the front desk was helpful .and the room was nice and clean. The breakfast was good and plentiful. I would recommend this motel to anyone

Room Tip: You have nothing to fear about this motel. It is a winner.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank sunshine2390
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Dear Sunshine, Thank you for the great review! You put a big smile on all our faces here at Sleep Inn and Suites in Danville! We work hard to satisfy all of our guest's needs and it is a pleasure to know we are succeeding. Please visit us again when you are in Danville. We truly appreciate your business!