“Ultra modern and comfortable”

Sleep Inn & Suites Danville
Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Chicago, Illinois
“Ultra modern and comfortable”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

There wasn't
Anything I did not like.one of the most enjoyable nights at a hotel that I've ever had .the hotel even let us have a little get together in the breakfast room .We tried to leave it as clean as we found it and it was a fun night. Our room was modern with comfortable beds and we were able to open a window at night and enjoy the quiet of no air conditioning..I would enjoy going back .

Room Tip: For just a couple dollars more try for a suite
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jerry G
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Dear Jerry, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. I am very happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and some of the extras we provide, such as windows that open. I like that myself. We welcome your next visit to Sleep Inn and Suites the next time you are in Danville.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2014

Very Clean. Great continental breakfas and great staff. i was very impressed with how clean the rooms were and the entire hotel. I would definitely stay again. The breakfast was great, waffles, muffins, biscuits and gravy.....etc.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank lilly465
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 11 August 2014
Dear Lilly, Thank you for your enthusiastic review! We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thanks for mentioning the hot breakfast buffet. Come see us again and we'll probably have something new for you to try. We like to offer a variety and are always trying new items. Hope to see you again!
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

Travelled to Danville as that was almost the halfway point to SD. We were meeting my parents to do the "Grandkid Exchange". We arrived from VA after spending 10 hours in the car. We arrived before our check-in time, but the front desk associate called up to housekeeping to have them do our room next. While waiting in the lobby, we talked to them about places to eat in the area. She gave us a three page list of area restaurants listed in different categories. The lobby had a small office area for access to a PC and a separate section for laptops. The pool area was very clean and the kids loved it. We had a two queen suite room. WOW! Excellent room, tons of space, comfy beds – and the shower…it reminded me of a space pod. Breakfast the next morning was sausage gravy and biscuits, sausage patty, scrambled eggs, two types of waffles, big selection of fresh fruit, cereal, muffins, etc. The breakfast room staff was on top of her game! Smiling, asking everyone if they needed anything, kept everything clean and full. Kudos! Highly recommend the Sleep Inn in Danville and very convenient off the highway.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank astanley
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 5 August 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you very much for the excellent comments about your stay with us! This is exactly the way we want all of our guests to feel. Nothing delights us more than a happy guest! We appreciate your choice of Sleep Inn for your trip and hope to have the opportunity to offer you another excellent stay experience in the future.
Rockton, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Travelling back home from OBX to Illinois, we needed somewhere to spend the night. It was midnight when we booked (whilst on the road passing through Indy). The night staff made the phone reservation very quick and simple.

On arrival, the check in was very quick and simple and again, the night staff was very personable and welcoming. We told them whilst booking that we had our dog (for which there was a $15 non-refundable fee - very reasonable).

The hotel was very nice, clean and extremely well maintained. The King room that we stayed in had nice furnishings and again was very clean. The bed was a little on the firm side, but I have no problem with that. Both my wife and I slept very well!

The bathroom in the room was again very clean and contained a shower and toilet along with a sliding door. The sink was outside the bathroom.

I briefly connected to the free WiFi, which seemed to operate at a decent speed. I can't speak to the quality of the breakfast, as we woke up at 1030hrs and left the hotel by the check out time which was 1100hrs.

Very good value and professional staff! We will certainly stay here again should we be passing through!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sean M
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest, Thank you for the great review of our hotel. I'm happy you found us in the middle of the night! I have passed your comments along to our night staff. She will be very encouraged to know that you were pleased with her service to you and your pet. Please stop and see us again the next time you passing through this way!
Lebanon, Kentucky
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2014

While driving from Normal back to KY, I decided to find a hotel little closer toward home. Betsy (what I call my GPS) said there was a this place in Danville. It was accessible and a good value. I had a corporate rate. The room was pleasant and temperature control was good (I like it cool -- and the unit responded great!) Breakfast was filling and more than I needed. Overall -- this is my kind of hotel -- a place I stop in the evening, sleep, have breakfast and then back on the road. This site fit my bill. I'll stay again if the timing is right. One small complaint -- it seemed like the wall might have been a little thin -- i heard some noise next door, but only when everything else was quiet.

Room Tip: Since I heard a little noise, maybe try for a corner room, that way the odds are reduced 50%.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Mr. William, Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Sleep Inn and Suites in Danville. We are always delighted to hear our guests enjoyed an excellent stay experience. And thank you, Betsy, for finding us! Hope we see you again in the future.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

Our family drives multiple times a year from KY to MN and the last few times have stayed at the Sleep Inn and Suites. In April we stayed one night and after leaving in the morning, I realized I forgot my glasses and immediately called and spoke to a front desk assistant. After explaining I needed the glasses to drive at night, she was very helpful, took the credit card information (for shipping costs) and told me they would be shipped to MN that day. Four days later, I had not received the glasses, so I called back to the hotel and discovered that the manager, Dori, had not yet shipped the glasses. Since it was evening, the front desk assistant told me that I would need to call back at 8:00am to talk with Dori. The next morning, Dori finally went to work at 10:00am and I was able to talk with her about the glasses. She was very rude and unprofessional as she told me she was busy and forgot to send them--for 5 days they sat in her office!! Needless to say, I was very irritated and explained that I needed the glasses the next day to drive and how upsetting this was and Dori hung up on me! There was no apologies, no "how can I make this right" instead, it was complete rudeness. I can honestly say it is the worst customer service I have ever experienced. Then, to top it all, I had to pay to ship the glasses over night--at a cost of $75! This was $50 more than if they had been shipped when I was told they would be. The moral of this story...stay ANY PLACE else than at the Sleep Inn and Suites, unless they hire a new manager.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Erin, I apologize if there was a misunderstanding regrding the return of your glasses. As we had previously discussed by phone, you left your glasses on a Friday. It was not possible for me to get to the UPS store until Monday. I did not forget. Your glasses were returned to you as quickly as we were able to get them to you. I'm sorry if you were inconvenienced.
Lisbon IA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Close proximity to I-74 which makes this hotel very easy to find!

Although check-in was a little chaotic (I think the desk clerk was new) and the hotel was very busy and noisy at check-in with 2 other family reunions also staying there we were pleasantly surprised to find our room noise-free once the door was closed. We had the 2 Queen Suite with a pull-out sofa bed. Extremely spacious. Had a wonderful vanity space, ample closet, and drawer space, a dorm refrigerator, microwave, coffee maker, and fairly new flat-screen televisions. Shower is a little confusing in that you have to turn a separate dial to adjust the temperature. Husband and child both took cold showers until we figured it out! Shower and toilet are separate from the rest of the guest room which makes it very convenient for others to "get ready" while another is in the bathroom!

Morning breakfast buffet was beyond pleasing. Everything from biscuits and gravy, egg patties, sausage patties, 2 different kinds of waffles, muffins, cinnamon rolls, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, and fresh fruit.

Pool area is rather small. Hot tub is only rated at 4 persons at a time. With other families in the pool area it was hard to enjoy the pool but was nice and warm and would be sufficient when hotel is not fully booked.

Only down side, and really wasn't all that terrible, that we had was that we asked if we could please pay cash at checkout (as we were going to split the room with another family member) when we checked in and were told "yes, not a problem" but it was charged to my husbands card.

We will be staying here again this coming August!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dori S, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Dear Mrs. White, Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced during your check in. Our goal is to have this process move along as quickly and efficiently as possible. Thank you for your kind comments about your room and breakfast. We are always looking to improve our guest's stay experience. I will use your comments to help us achieve this goal. See you in August!