“Great Place/Great Service”

Ranked #1 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Illinois
“Great Place/Great Service”
Reviewed 9 February 2010

We were visiting some friends in the area and decided to stay with the Sleep Inn & Suites in Danville, IL.
I did check Tripadvisor before we chose, to be sure there were no major problems. Did notice a few comments below like parties (which would be hard for a hotel to stop all together/this is a people problem), pool smaller in size and mold in shower. Decided we would check it out first before checking in. There are other hotels in the area if we decide to leave.
Well, it was a great experience with the hotel and the staff. Very friendly employees that provided extra service when asking for directions and where to go eat at. Our room was a king size with refrigerator, microwave, flat screen tv and very very clean. We never found any mold. The housekeeping staff care about their job and do it very well.
We didn't use the pool area, but was able to see it from the lobby area. It was beautiful. They said they just renovated it. I wouldn't say it was small either. They had a wrestling team in the hotel and it was able to handle all those kids and parents.
The hotel had some noise from the kids, but at 10pm, the hotel had it under control.
We did hear a few parents returning back to their room that was noisey, but I wouldn't say that was the hotels fault. Adults, should be more considerate.
THIS HOTEL IS TOP RATED IN MY BOOK AND WITH THAT PRICE, AWESOME. WHY WOULDN'T YOU CHOOSE TO STAY THERE!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
chicago
Reviewed 1 October 2009

I stayed twice at the Danville Sleep Inn in September. The first time I had a queen one-room suite with microwave and fridge, the second time I was in a king with microwave and fridge. Both rooms were clean and well-furnished. The queen suite was particularly spacious and had a dining table. The LG high def flat screen TVs are great. The rooms are all non-smoking so the hotel smells nice, doesn't smell like an ashtray. I used the hotel washer and dryer the first evening, it was fine. I wonder about the prior reviewer's comment about bathroom mold... the bathrooms in my rooms were immaculate, including the shower stall. The hotel has a no-party policy which I appreciate. I didn't go to it, but there's a Big Boy just steps from the hotel and a gas station with limited groceries just a little bit farther. I will definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled solo
1 Thank ima_gypsy
Cleveland
Reviewed 23 September 2009

....considering we stayed before at the Comfort Inn next door (see my other review). We were told this was an award winning hotel, i'm not sure which awards, but enough of that. The rooms were so, so at best, the a/c is a little tricky at first, the shower (no bath tub) was of an interesting design, really liked it untill i found it was dirty with mold growing in corners (cleaned it myself not wanting to make the cleaning crew mad that they have to do thier job). Wasn't very impressed by the "hospital bed" style lighting in the rooms. Breakfast was very good, more than we had expected, actually it was the only highpoint of our stay and the only reason they got the second star. All in all a 2 star property, no more, will not stay here next visit to the area. There are other properties here. Only 1 restaurant within walking distance, a Big Boy that wasn't very good.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank beechhouse1
Park Ridge, Illinois
Reviewed 3 June 2009

We've stayed at the Danville Sleep Inn before and really liked it. So we had no problems staying there again when we needed to go back to that area (our son attends college nearby and we go visit him from time to time) Our experiences this latest stay were pretty much the same as our last stay (I'm pretty sure my last review is right below this one) except that this time we had a small "incident". Evidently there was a wedding party staying at the hotel and a few of the guests from the wedding were being loud, moving furniture, etc. A guest on the floor below us called the front desk to complain about the noise these wedding partiers were making above them. The front desk clerk, without even checking, called our room (at 1AM!) and woke us to tell us to keep the noise down! We had been asleep for 3 hours by that time and we were certainly not the ones making noise! (unless my snoring counts) I was livid that she had called and woke us and blamed us for the noise of some other guests and I went down and told her how mad I was. I couldn't believe that she had called us at that hour without even bothering to check to see if we were actually being loud or not and I told her so. The following morning we heard the partiers in the room next door moving the furniture back from their party the night before, pushing beds across the floor and moving chairs through the hall. Ironically, as we checked out, I noticed a sign right on the counter about the hotel's no tolerance policy for parties. I guess it didn't apply on the night we stayed........bummer............There's a Holiday Inn across the street. I guess we'll be giving it a try the next time we're in town............

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank Jiminator
Hoopeston, Illinois
Reviewed 14 July 2008

OMGOSH the rooms r huge! and the pool is a little small but it wuz just right, breakfast wuz good and good enployees

• Liked — everythingg
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Ohio
Reviewed 21 April 2008

The rooms were comfortable, clean, and quiet. The breakfast was acceptable and the wireless connection worked well. The HVAC units were a little noisy and kept my wife awake. It's 3-stars but new and that adds another star as far as I'm concerned. Staff was friendly and accomodating although it was clear that some didn't have much customer service training.

I would stay there again and recommend it to my friends.

• Liked — Cleanliness of room, quiet surrounding; the lady who worked the breakfast area
  • Disliked — Sloppiness around the pool area
  • Stayed February 2008
1 Thank rcubed2
Danville, Illinois
Reviewed 7 March 2008

Our first experience one year ago was amazing. This time, the overall cleanliness and courtesy from the staff was poor. The pool area was littered with soggy chips/cookies around the hot tub and pool area. The pool was overran with lots of little children and no enforced adult supervision. The staff even allowed their children to come swimming unsupervised. The pool towels were rarely stocked. The following day, we found the pool area had still not been cleaned and the trash cans were overflowing onto the floor. The staff came to empty them, but only did two out of the three cans. The staff was often observed standing at the front entrance of the hotel smoking as it was raining. The foyer smelled strongly of cigarettes. When I asked for linen for the pull-out couch, I had to literally go to the front desk and get it. The clerk's response was "I'll have your blankets here at the desk for you to pick up when you get back (seeing that I was leaving the hotel for pizza pickup). They were never there; I had to ask again for the linen. Overall I observed lazy staff, poor work ethics, and lack of common courtesy. The room was cleaned, however by observing the work ethics, I questioned "How Clean?". I probably would not come back and stay here again. More than likely, I would check out some of the other hotels first. The purpose for this trip was rest and relaxation. I do not feel that the hotel accomplished this goal for my family. Upon checking out, no one even asked how our stay was; were we pleased with the overall quality of the hotel; etc. I guess they didn't care to know how they were doing. I usually don't write reviews, yet I felt compelled to write this one.

• Liked — Close to home, quick getaway
  • Disliked — cleanliness and poor work ethics observed by your staff
  • Stayed March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)