“A good place to stay.”

Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville
Ranked #4 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 20 August 2013

This Holiday Inn Express is nice and clean. Quiet location and friendly staff. Good selection for breakfast in the am. A bit higher priced than some. Restaurants within driving distance. I would stay here again, however the room we had was not ideal. Some sort of "generator" kept clicking on and off about every 10-15 minutes throughout the night. Don't stay in room 221; other than that we would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room away from any noise.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 14 August 2013

The room was clean and quiet, with a great location, the bed was clean and very comfortable. When I checked in the lady was very friendly and I would have no problem staying there again! I did not experience any problems when I was there!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 12 August 2013

I work for the railroad, I came to Illinois for a week to help out. chose this hotel looked great good envirement, however day one the internet is so slow I can even load online games on the computer, my work websites that I use to go to work I cannot access at all, I have to leave the hotel to get a signal on my phone. so I decide to watch tv. hotel cable goes in and out most of night. so I decide to go to the indoor hot tub and pool. get into the hot tub and turn timer on. the hot tub does not respond. I notify front desk and she informs me that it has been like that for some time. if ur looking for a place where u cant get text, or phone calls or internet like a get away for quiet time this is your place. but for someone like myself that is here to work it isn't meeting the requirements needed. sorry to say but I will be checking out 5 days early and going to another hotel...

Room Tip: choose a different hotel
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 29 August 2013

Dear cmccord72,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of the hotel. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are very sorry you were not so pleased with your recent stay at our hotel and offer our sincere apologies for the poor service and conditions you experienced, which are certainly not up to our usual standards. Please be assured that all comments are acted upon and used to improve the products and service we provide to our guests.

We know you have many choices when it comes to lodging and we hope your future travel plans will continue to include IHG.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 30 July 2013

After leaving the Best Western Regency in Danville, I had a choice between Holiday Inn Express or Hampton. Holiday Inn Express was a little less expensive, but as always, you get what you pay for. I had stayed at a Hampton in Ohio the night before (St. Clairsville) and it was wonderful. I probably should have gone to Hampton again.
Checking in took so long, I felt as if I were buying a house. The front desk clerk, Courtney, was nice enough, but could not find my membership in the IHG rewards program, so we had to keep starting over. (I had moved, so the zip code was not the same as my driver's license). She did not give me the internet access code. I got it from another guest who wrote it on the pizza box I was carrying.
The room is large and satisfactory. However, I heard the TV from another guest room the entire evening, the toilet is not secured to the floor, so it rocks and wobbles, and the sink faucet leaks at the base. I could have asked to move, but I did not want to tax Courtney any further.
Next time, I'll choose the Hampton right next door.

Room Tip: Do not choose Room 215. If you get placed there, check to see if the sink faucet and toilet have be...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 July 2013

This was a wonderful little surprise in the area! In an area where the other hotels are beginning to look run down and overgrown with weeds, this place is amazingly nice! The interior is nice and clean. Pool was nice place to sit and chat while the kids played. Open windows allowed us to enjoy the breeze. Rooms were nice and clean. Bedclothes were clean and in good shape. Not worn. The fridge was not working well, but wasn't a necessity for our trip anyway.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Stokest
Reviewed 28 June 2013

Nice, everything clean, Comfortable beds, and employee staff was wonderful & friendly. Pool & jaccuzzi were excellent & clean. Great breakfast - fully stocked tasty food. We were very satisfied and would absolutely stay here again !

Room Tip: We enjoyed our stay at this hotel
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Another great experience at a Holiday Inn Express. The room was very clean and comfortable with a choice of firm or soft pillows and plenty of towels. Like how they offer cranberry juice in the morning as well. We had a great stay and would return.
NOT a reflection of the hotel as there are a lot of hotels at this exit so they all have this in common but the only restaurant close by is Big Boy which looked nice. Appeared fast food places were a couple miles away but most were about 7-8 miles away by the mall.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple