“Nice upgrades in Danville”

Best Western Riverside Inn
Ranked #3 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Berlin, Wisconsin, United States
“Nice upgrades in Danville”
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We have stayed at the Best Western on Gilbert St. many times over the years while visiting family in the area. This year the positive changes were notable. The new mattresses are really comfortable - not too soft, and the room decor has been updated. There are plenty of choices for a quick breakfast and the staff is very friendly. We appreciate the free WiFi.

Review collected in partnership with Best Western

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (22)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 24 November 2013

We had a one night stay recently due to power outages after a storm. The room was clean and comfortable. The one thing that was a problem for us was the height of the beds (way too high). My mother is elderly and was unable to get up into the bed. We asked for a step stool but they did not have one. We were told at check out that they will be going through a complete remodel soon and that the height of the beds will be lowered by 2 inches. The staff was great. Definitely need more seating in the breakfast area (which we were told they are adding at the remodel). No elevator to the second floor. It was difficult for my elderly mother to climb the stairs to the second floor.

Eau Claire, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 19 November 2013

This was the best staff I've ever experienced. All were stellar. They bent over backward to make our stay as comfortable as possible. We felt only the lack of a microwave in my room, otherwise everything was great.

2 Thank Jane B
Spring Hill, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We traveled to Danville for a high school reunion, and booked this hotel. When we arrived, I worried about our room being the first at the top of the stairs because I am easy to wake up. I also like a comfortable bed, which many hotels lack. Our room was quiet and the bed was fantastic with lots of pillows for any need. Other reviews mentioned the furniture being dated, but I didn't notice that so perhaps they worked on that. We ate one breakfast there and it was ok. The breakfast area could use more seating, we had to sit at the couch. The waffle iron wasn't working. I would definitely return here, as I don't rely much on continental breakfasts when I can get a great omelet somewhere else!

Room Tip: I did not use any fitness equipment while there. We had a room with a window to the back, and a vie...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jan M
Vernon Hills, Il
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This hotel has the same furniture it had twenty years ago and it's breakfasts have gone down hill. The room we had this time was noisy because of the air conditioner above us. It would sound like a wash machine while running. The furniture needs to be updated. Bath Room was updated. THE ROOM WAS CLEAN!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

1 Thank Grandmajungle
BWRIVERSIDE, General Manager at Best Western Riverside Inn, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Hello Grandmajungle,

I would like to thank you for feedback from your most recent stay with us. I can assure you we are using your feedback to help us improve in guest comfort and satisfaction. I would like to assure you that over the course of the next few years we are renovating the hotel to a more modern décor.

I hope you will give my staff and I another opportunity to serve your hospitality needs the next time you're in Danville.
Tennessee
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We stayed one night while traveling through the area. The hotel is two stories with no elevator. The rooms were great. They were spacious and clean. The hotel staff were friendly and helpful. There is a McDonalds right next door in case you have a "Mac-Attack" or for breakfast. There was a basic breakfast but it was a bit crowded and we were in a hurry. For the value, it is a nice place and we would certainly stay here again.

Room Tip: If you are disabled, ask for a first floor room.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank rscoapy
Reviewed 24 August 2013 via mobile

We stayed here overnight on a 2 day drive and our room was very nice. It seems a bit dated, but nice, clean and comfortable. All the amenities were great, even the Keurig machine in the room. Unfortunately we left before breakfast started, but it looked like it would have been a good one. I would recommend this Best Western to others.

Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends