“nice but not”

Ranked #5 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Moorhead, United States
“nice but not”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014

We had booked room with fridge. Upon arrival we went to the room and no fridge. As my husband has insulin it is a must for us. Called the front desk was assured that we would have one within a couple hours.. We went for supper and when we got back no fridge.. Called front desk again and the clerk said she apologized and had arranged for us to be moved to a different room with upgrades and also volunteered to help move us. The second room was very nice. But was a amazed that there were still hotels with rooms opening to the outside. Especially for a name brand hotel chain. Room was nice but had that clean but "tired" feel.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

1 Thank Sandy A

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
Mchenry, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

Heading home on our last night of vacation. Stopped here to rest up. Staff was friendly and room was clean. Check in was fast and easy. The pool was cold but cold feel hot water jets trying to heat it and the lighting in the pool room was dark. Hot tub was nice. The hot breakfast was very limited. The waffles were great. The eggs were bland and the gravy was watery. The wait staff there was very friendly and we noticed that she was making sure the food was always plentiful. There was a constant odor of food being cooked in the hallway. We were only there one night but the smell never went away. With all that said, This is still an ok hotel for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family

1 Thank Jamie R
Boulder, Colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

This was just about the worst motel experience I can remember. To be gentle with them it did occur on the weekend of U of I graduation and they were packed. But I did book the 2 rooms in January so I'd hoped for better service. To start with they gave us smoking rooms when I asked for non-smoking. They tried to give us one non-smoking left and the key didn't work to get in the room...they jerry-rigged something to get in but they laughingly said "we'd have to stay in there because they didn't know if they could get it open again." So we went with the 2 smoking rooms which really stank. Also the sheets had cig burns and brown stains on them. To top it off one of the toilets clogged at 1 am. The pool and hot tub looked dirty. We didn't try it. My brother went searching for another room at midnight but couldn't get one due to U of I graduation. The staff tried to be accommodating but it just looks like a place that the owner doesn't care about. However, kudos to staff for listening to our issues and giving a discount at the end.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Christine S

Travellers are raving about these Danville hotels

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Our room was clean and very comfortable. All the staff were very helpful, friendly and made our stay pleasant. We were very pleasantly surprised with the breakfast offerings, much more than we expected. Not your typical stale donuts and bad coffee. Hot waffles, scrambled eggs, sausage, biscuits and gravy, yogurt, fruit, juices, cereals.

The only down sides were the pool though inside is not heated so it was too chilly for us to enjoy and the train blowing it's whistle in the early morning. Sleep with earplugs and you won't notice the train. :)

Compared to other rooms nearby, thus was a much better deal and experience. Will be back next time I come to visit for certain.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Tam T
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 May 2014

I found my second nights room more comfortable than the first, better bed, no cigarette smell. Plenty of room to prepare the work I brought with me. My retired Federal Government discount was given without a problem.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Alexandria, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2014

We had a great stay, our room was on the end and it was very quiet there! Bed was good, room was clean. When we checked in the young man was very nice and helpful! We were in a hurry so we didn't try the breakfast!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Bedford, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2014

I choose best western this time for my stay and I was happy with all the service and comfort of the bed. Room is spacious and swimming pool and spa is plus which I did not used it but definitely use it next time when I am passing thru from here. staff was great.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo