“Comfort Inn Dissapointment”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I made reservations with the hotel direct and had no problems. My sister and I always stay at Comfort Inns because of the cleanliness and presentable staff. We chose this hotel for the pool and hot tub to relax before continuing our trip. When I checked in, the two people at the desk seemed friendly enough but I did not appreciate the girls attire. Her shirt was too small and her bulging stomach was hanging out. She was not pregnant! (NOT real professional) The room was on the first floor and the people above us kept us awake from walking around all night. The carpets were stained so we kept something on our feet during the whole stay. Definately needs updating. The biggest dissapointment was the pool and hot tub. We changed clothes and were really looking forward to relaxing in the pool. When we got down there, you could not see the bottom of the pool and the hot tub was green. Needless to say, we went back to our rooms. If we go in that direction again, we will definately stay somewhere else, there were plenty of choices in that area and I will pay a little more for the comfort.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 15 June 2012

This is a very basic hotel in need of updating, but we didn't want to spend $100 for one night en route to Purdue (total costs with a military discount was a surprisingly great price of $65). The room was standard, and the mattresses were a little soft, but we slept well (except for an occasional increase in the air conditioner's "hum" (which was a little disturbing--bring your ear plugs) and were on our way. Lots of road warriors seem to frequent this hotel, and it's far enough away from the major highway that road noise isn't a major concern. Staff was very nice and the internet worked. 'Nuf said.

Room Tip: Second floor, definitely. There is an elevator.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 October 2011

The title about sums it up. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 October 2011

We were here for one night and did not have any issues with this property. No, it is not modernized and furnishings are showing their age, but our room was clean, beds were comfortable, staff was friendly, lights, locks, plumbing, wi-fi worked. For one night passing through it was just fine. We would stay again.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I have stayed at several Comfort Inns and other Choice brands, so I had little question about staying at another one on our recent family trip. We had a good room rate, so I booked.
While the issues were not in the disaster category, they did show a distinct lack of caring about customer service. I booked a king suite room for 2 adults and 2 children. When we arrived, there were only 2 towels in the bathroom and no linen present in the room for the sofa bed (found the empty plastic container for it though). So I went to the front desk and asked. The desk clerk informed me she would get to it when she could since she was the only one working in the motel at the time (the manager was "off somewhere") and it was her busy time (around 4 PM, but with only 5 cars in the lot, how busy???). She not only had the desk to do, but the laundry as well. I was left with one question - so the only linen in the entire motel for the sofa beds is dirty and in the laundry? Apparently this is a bare-bones operation, no spare linen or towels.
So we went to the pool - no pool towels. So I went back to the front desk and asked. I choose to take the clerk's attitude as joking a bit about me making demands and slowing her doing the other things I asked.
We did get our pool towles about 20 minutes later, and about 30 minutes after that got the towels and linen for the room.
The pool however, had so much chlorine in it that my wife could only swim for 5 minutes. The chlorine smell was so strong it was nearly at choking levels.
Breakfas,t was adequate - quite average for a Comfort Inn. I am glad the motel was not any busier the breakfast area had 5 or 6 tables, and only 2-3 for 4 people. Very small and cramped.
Next time I would pick either the Holiday Inn Express across the street, the Sleep Inn next door, or go 30 minutes down the road to Champaign/Urbana.
The good side - the room was clean.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 July 2011

We were running out of options late at night but feared this was the last lodging we would find before Indianapolis, and the Fairfield Suites next door was full. I have had worse lodging, but not at this chain. It was not exactly dirty but everything appeared badly worn, including the staff.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2009

This was my first stay at a Comfort Inn b ut I've stayed at other hotels from this chain.
I was happy they let me check in 4 hrs early, that was unexpected. The lobby was very generic as well as the dining area. My room had a stale feel to it, the decor looked aged but the beds were cozy. The bathroom floor looked as if it was just given the once over, some dirt and grime in corners. The shower was decent and offered good water pressure. Not to much else to say about this place, just an average plain jane hotel.
A few other notes I migt add is try to and get a room upstairs, you can hear every move others make above you if your lower deck I only took a few photos from this hotel.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple