“Stay away and check in to the Marriott, holiday inn or the Hampton inn next door.”
Review of Quality Inn

Quality Inn
Ranked #9 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Where to begin, it's a place where after you take a shower you still feel dirty. The room was really unkept with dirt on the carpet, stained comforters, cigerette burn stains on the bathroom counter and the toilet was a disaster. In the lobby there are stains on old cloth chairs. the lobby floor and hallways were not swept. I would not recommended staying here and there are four to five cleaner hotels next door and would be worth the extra dough.

• Stayed March 2013
2 Thank egyptianmumbler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 14 December 2012

The best part about this hotel were the front desk attendants. Both a male and female that I had contact with here very friendly and promptly helped with my needs and questions. They greeted me every time I passed by and the male checking me in was appologizing for the construction mess they have in the lobby. There is no business center in this place nor a computer with printer for hotel guests to use, but the front desk was more than happy to help me print some items on multiple occasions.

The rooms are outdated with stained carpet and furniture. They had renovation going on in the lobby so the entire front area was a mess but I was glad to see they were attempting to update something. My room didn't have a microwave or a refrigirator like they advertised.

The breakfast had nothing hot to offer so I am not sure where the "hot breakfast" offer on their web site is all about. It's all sugary cereals, nothing healthy and no eggs.

If I was the manager I would start with replacing the entire housekeeping staff. The rooms are very filthy!! When I first checked in the room I could see dirt on the carpets. I stayed 5 days and on the first night I had a peanut fall on the floor by the work desk. That peanut was on the floor the enitre week I was there, despite the housekeeping staff coming into the room and it sitting in plain sight. One day during the week they actually didn't even come to clean the room even though they saw me leave that morning as they were standing around and talking in the hallway. I used the coffee machine one day in the room and for the rest of the week they didn't bother cleaning the coffee pot nor replacing the coffee in the tray.

The hallway is dirty and carpet is in absolute need of vacuuming. I wonder if this place has a general manager and if so does he/she take any pride in this hotel!

Room Tip: I wouldn't know which room is better. I was on the first floor next to elevator and I didn't...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Danville hotels

Midwest, USA
Reviewed 20 November 2012

This facility offers a very pleasant night staff and adequate room amenities. Definitely in need of a current facelift, needs new mattresses and brighter interiors. It was a dissapointing breakfast selection, many off brands and high sugar contents all the way around.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank geoandsusan
Arlington Heights
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

The front desk staff was very nice. The beds and shower were fine. The hotel needs a facelift and some heavy-duty vacuuming along the edges of the room. We were only there for one night-looking for a place to lay our heads and get a shower, so it worked for us. The price was indicative of the hotel condition. It did beat spending $200+ for an event night in Champaign-Urbana!

Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Fort Dodge, Iowa
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Though the nightly rates for this hotel were excellent and the desk personnel exceptionally friendly and helpful, this motel was only average. We heard people above us tromping across our ceiling late in the evening and again early in the morning, and the breakfast was almost non-existent. The desk personnel must be commended, however, for their exceptional efforts to help us pack some difficult-to-pack-safely souvenirs for the trip home by bus and for assisting us in unloading and loading our van.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room if you have trouble sleeping with footsteps crossing your ceiling!
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
Ankeny, Iowa
Reviewed 22 September 2012

This property had the look and feel of an old place. Nothing was particularly nice about the room, lobby, or breakfast area. The food was mediocre also. I've stayed in much better Comfort Inns over the years. This property is OK, but...

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Bob6124
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 31 August 2012

I made reservations with the hotel direct and had no problems. My sister and I always stay at Comfort Inns because of the cleanliness and presentable staff. We chose this hotel for the pool and hot tub to relax before continuing our trip. When I checked in, the two people at the desk seemed friendly enough but I did not appreciate the girls attire. Her shirt was too small and her bulging stomach was hanging out. She was not pregnant! (NOT real professional) The room was on the first floor and the people above us kept us awake from walking around all night. The carpets were stained so we kept something on our feet during the whole stay. Definately needs updating. The biggest dissapointment was the pool and hot tub. We changed clothes and were really looking forward to relaxing in the pool. When we got down there, you could not see the bottom of the pool and the hot tub was green. Needless to say, we went back to our rooms. If we go in that direction again, we will definately stay somewhere else, there were plenty of choices in that area and I will pay a little more for the comfort.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family