“Fairfield Inn Becomes Red Roof 1 Month Ago”

Red Roof Inn & Suites Danville
Ranked #6 of 11 Hotels in Danville
Reviewed 17 July 2014

We normally do not stay at Red Roof Inn due to an unpleasant experience. The hotel we wanted to stay in was full and the clerk recommended we try Red Roof.. She went on to tell me they bought out Fairfield Inn and there was no problem there. The clerk was very friendly and told me it was changed over a month ago but all the employees were the same that worked for the Fairfield Inn. The room was very clean.. The furniture was well kept up. The bathroom had a black marble counter top. There was a safe in the room. Iron and ironing board in each room which I didn't use. Breakfast was plentiful.. 3 juices, scrambled eggs, biscuits and gravy (which I don't eat) Toast, bread English muffins blueberry muffins and fresh fruit. All of the employees we encountered were friendly and helpful.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank slstonern
Jamie G, Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites Danville, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2014

Thank you for giving us a chance to show that not all hotels are the same. I'm sorry that you had an unpleasant experience staying at a previous hotel but didn't have the same experience here. We are constantly working on how to improve our guest satisfaction, and I'm proud to say that it shows with our staff, cleanliness, and accommodations. I would hope in the future you give us the chance to have you stay with us once again in the future.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

This inn had just been converted from a Farfield Inn about week before my stay. Therefore the inn is more typical of a Fairfield Inn than a Red Roof which seemed to be a good thing. The rooms were large and clean and the inn is definitely above average for a Red Roof Inn. My only complaint would be there was no fridge and microwave in the room as my king room reservation stated there would be. My guess is the rooms will be appropriately furnished when the conversion is complete. Overall a good experience and I would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank Julio B

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how your stay was. I do apologize for a refrigerator and microwave not being in your room as advertised. We are working on getting all of our king rooms set up with these accommodations to avoid this situation again in the future. I'm glad you had an overall pleasant experience while staying with us. Hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We stayed here for one night just passing through Illinois and this Red Roof Inn was a very nice and clean place to stay, the continental breakfast was much better than several places we've stayed at recently with several hot and cold choices and the staff there was very friendly. If we're passing through again we will definitely be staying there again.

Room Tip: Request a room on the side facing the parking lot, it might be a little quieter there because of the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michelle F

I would like to thank you for choosing to stay with us on your trip. We love to have positive feedback on what we are doing right (breakfast choices, and friendly staff), so we can continue to better serve our quests. We look forward to seeing you again on your next trip.

Reviewed 17 June 2014

I am not sure this is a Fairfield as I heard employees talking about it changing names later in the week. This hotel was very clean. The beds were comfortable. We wanted a king room but they did not have any available unfortunately. The staff were friendly but not fast. I would stay again as the price and quality was there.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We had just recently changed from a Fairfield Inn to a Redroof Inn prior to your stay. I do apologize that we could not accommodate you on your request for a king room. We are thankful that you chose to stay with us on your trip and hope to see you again!