Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$112
US$104
US$100
US$133
US$123
Super 8 Rochelle(Rochelle)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$70
All reviewscollege townoutdoor poolroom was cleanin room coffeehave stayed here several timeslight sleeperice machinefront desk clerkliving roomdowntown
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Nothing wrong with the hotel itself, just the location. Noise from passing trains kept me up most of the night. I stayed there for three nights and by the time I left I somewhat got used to the noise I guess because I did manage to get a few hours of sleep, mostly between trains. Next time I'm going to try the new Hampton.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank wefloods
BWDK, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

Thank you for taking the time to complete our survey. I apologize for the train. I do understand the frustration. On your next visit to Dekalb please contact hotel and we will make sure we check you into a luxury suite far away from the train.

Reviewed 6 May 2014

We stopped here on our back from Chicago. The room was not clean. The bathroom sink and tub were not what I would have wanted to get clean. Old TV and carpet. I would move on down the road. There are other options in Dekalb. Or just keep driving!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2014

Overall this is a great Best Western. It's even one of the more modern facilities I've stayed in, as I generally enjoy BW for value leisure travel. This hotel is next to freight train tracks. If you're a heavy sleeper you'll be fine, but if not, find a hotel that is not on Lincoln Highway, period. It would be a problem for any hotel on this highway in this town.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDK, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded 16 April 2014

Rachel:

Thank you for taking the time to review Best Western Dekalb Inn & Suites.After checking what room you were in. You couldn't have been any closer to the train tracks. On your next visit to Dekalb please contact me directly, I will definitely, make sure you are checked into a luxury suites away from the train. We do have many returning guest that request rooms away from the train, we do try to accommodate all special request.

Thank you once again for your review I will share your comments to the staff,

Vicky Torres
Hotel Manager
Direct Line 815-787-4003

Reviewed 26 March 2014

We had our reservation upgraded from a regular room to a suite. This made the two night stay very enjoyable. The hotel was close to the concert venue we attended at NIU which was an added bonus. There are several bars and restaurants nearby. A CVS store is one block away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Best Western
BWDK, General Manager at Red Roof Inn & Suites DeKalb, responded to this reviewResponded 27 March 2014

Jeffery:

Thank you for staying at Best Western Dekalb inn & Suites. And also for taking the time to review our property. We're glad that you enjoyed your stay and the convenience of the surrounding area. I will share your review with staff members. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 24 March 2014

I checked in late Thursday night and the 3rd shift guy was terrific! As I got out of my car I noticed the train in the back, but I must say I did not hear the horn at all and overall it wasn't a big deal. Now the heater on the other hand was noisy and the TV had only 10 channels if that! It was awful trying to fall asleep! Along with that the shower had hair from previous guests and after that I knew my trip would be cut short! I went to attend an NIU OPEN HOUSE and this hotel did not make a favorable impression! The hot water was cold and although they had a free breakfast with the things you expect, I was still so disappointed. Later after my tour of NIU I ordered food from a delivery place although there are many choices around you. The sauna was clean and worked great but the water in the fitness room was empty and some of the equipment did not work. The beds were comfortable and the location is excellent but I do not think I will be returning.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends